On Fiyya!!

Those stuck in Purgatory probably got a little concerned feeling the flames from that building fire. Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter
Not to mention....having to take a dirt nap for all eternity in Montrose is Hell enough.....
Not to mention....having to take a dirt nap for all eternity in Montrose is Hell enough..... Originally Posted by Russ38
TFF...I avoid even cutting through from ten to 1093.
I'm glad that building burned down, and they'll take a while to rebuild it. They're tearing the rest of it down.

Those developers had no respect for the dead, butting a building up against a cemetery like that. Originally Posted by Luxury Daphne
Just how broad a halo of property rights forfeiture should surround a campo santos?

All cemeteries will eventually be obliterated; it's just a matter of time. With a time horizon of eternity, why would the dead give a damn whether it's tomorrow or the next millenium. A mere blink of an eye in their time frame.

Unless you think nearby development might rile up ol' Baron Samedi or one of them duppys. Or something.
This is an example of why I stick around. When you guys are in form you are pretty funny.
I agree ... I was watching the KHOU story at 10pm just 14 hours before the fire started.

When I saw the fire out of my window and realized it was the building from the story, I jumped out of my chair. I'm still shocked how fast the fire took ... at 12:05 there was nothing, but at 12:22pm it was a raging fire.

It's pretty ironic because they ended the story The night before by saying something along the lines of "there is nothing that can be done about this building but maybe it can deter future projects" ... yeah right.

I have to admit though, I'm hoping it wasn't arson because I love a good creepy spine chilling story.

yes, because if someone could sit on their porch and prop their feet up on your mother's headstone, you wouldn't mind a bit... #gtfoh

http://media.khou.com/images/470*261...ery-zoning.jpg

people also cared because it's also a historical cemetery, with some Telges and Halliburtons there. I wouldn't care if it was a pauper's cemetery, it was done in very poor taste. That fire (which caused $25 mil in damages) made that building a total loss. I'm sure that was the intention. Originally Posted by Luxury Daphne