Immigration Enforcement and Increasing Farmworker Wages

Chickenshit? Really WikiPostingFraud! I don't cut and paste from other sources and claim the words as my own. And I disagree with Governor Johnson on this issue. However, in Johnson's defense, he would work to change the law, not just ignore it. Allowing people who are not allowed to work in this country to work is an artificial increase in labor. The labor market consists of those eligible to work here. Since your industry relies on cheap illegal immigrant labor, I'd expect you to oppose the enforcement of current immigration laws.

By the way, what was that poll you won awhile back? You prove you're worthiness daily.

• WTF
  • 04-01-2014, 07:19 PM
Chickenshit? Really WikiPostingFraud! I don't cut and paste from other sources and claim the words as my own. And I disagree with Governor Johnson on this issue. However, in Johnson's defense, he would work to change the law, not just ignore it. Allowing people who are not allowed to work in this country to work is an artificial increase in labor. The labor market consists of those eligible to work here. Since your industry relies on cheap illegal immigrant labor, I'd expect you to oppose the enforcement of current immigration laws.

By the way, what was that poll you won awhile back? You prove you're worthiness daily.

Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
My industry? I'm not a farmer. I do not own a dining establishment. I do not own a car wash. I could go on and on. The market supplies what the consumer wants. It is everybody's responsibility. Not just mine.

I could care less if they enforce it or not. I would just like some linear thought on it.

Speaking of linear thought...Why is it ok to ship manufacturing jobs overseas for cheap labor and then turn around and buy those products?

This country was build with cheap labor btw...from the Irish on.
  • WTF
  • 04-03-2014, 07:08 AM
. However, in Johnson's defense, he would work to change the law, not just ignore it. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
What do you stand for COG? Are you for open borders?

Quit trying to make this about me and try and stay on topic.

Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
It is your .....you little cunt.
Enforce immigration laws.
  • WTF
  • 04-04-2014, 12:31 AM
Enforce immigration laws. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
So you are enforcement for something you disagree with?

Do you believe in open borders like the person you voted for, Gary Johnson?

You would have bitching at me for helping slaves escape because it was against the law if we lived in the 1850?

Martin Luther King, Jr.'s comment in his famous letter from Birmingham Jail: "One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws."
No. I agree with enforcing immigration laws.
  • WTF
  • 04-04-2014, 10:45 PM
No. I agree with enforcing immigration laws. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
That was not the question...the question was do you agree with Gary Johnson that the immigration laws should be repealed? Should we have open borders? A free flow of labor?
No. I disagree.
  • WTF
  • 04-05-2014, 07:20 AM
COG always wants folks to answer his questions yet seems to be having trouble admitting that the libertarian position on illegal immigration is for open borders. With a slight deference to terrorism security. None at all on jobs.
The Grand Inquisitor! COG, the Whiny Salina glory hole practitioner.
My industry? I'm not a farmer. I do not own a dining establishment. I do not own a car wash. I could go on and on. The market supplies what the consumer wants. It is everybody's responsibility. Not just mine.

I could care less if they enforce it or not. I would just like some linear thought on it.

Speaking of linear thought...Why is it ok to ship manufacturing jobs overseas for cheap labor and then turn around and buy those products?

This country was build with cheap labor btw...from the Irish on. Originally Posted by WTF
BTW, are you responsible for the subcontractor's employees safety on your jobsite to OSHA, no matter who "employs" them?
  • WTF
  • 04-05-2014, 01:51 PM
No
No Originally Posted by WTF
Yes, you are and you know it!!!
  • CJ7
  • 04-05-2014, 04:03 PM
Yes, you are and you know it!!! Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer

the contractor hires a roofing subcontractor .. a roofer working for the roofing subcontractor falls off the roof
how is it the contractors fault someone working for someone he hired has an accident on the jobsite ...

is the person that bought the lot and decided to build a house responsible for hiring a contractor who hired a subcontractor who hired a roofer who fell off the roof ...
the contractor hires a roofing subcontractor .. a roofer working for the roofing subcontractor falls off the roof
how is it the contractors fault someone working for someone he hired has an accident on the jobsite ...

is the person that bought the lot and decided to build a house responsible for hiring a contractor who hired a subcontractor who hired a roofer who fell off the roof ... Originally Posted by CJ7
People get sued for that shit everyday. Yes they are responsible for the jobsite, and if some hooker slips and falls on your property, you can get sued, too.
Legitimate homebuilders and their subs pay 15% of payroll or more for workmen's comp, while fly by night sleazeballs and their "subs" have fucked up "accident and injury" policies.