So how do you explain the unexplainable?

Hey OP you've been around 5 years and this question is just popping up? I would follow these gentlemen's advice to the letter. If you can't explain your where abouts, is it really worth the risk? really? Originally Posted by LovingKayla
Yup..as I have only hobbied within the area surrounding home and work. I have never ventured out of that area, so there was not a concern. Hence why I have not made your acquaintance...yet...

But at this point, I have my excuse ready....
Just tell her it's a free country, and you can go wherever you want.

So on recent appointment, I was in a slight, and I mean slight fender bender. No damages no one hurt.

It got me to thinking, what if this was a bigger deal where my car was totaled or if I was hurt...how in the hell do explain to the SO why I was in an area that I had no reason to be in?

Have any of you had this occur? Originally Posted by plove35
Hey OP you've been around 5 years and this question is just popping up? I would follow these gentlemen's advice to the letter. If you can't explain your where abouts, is it really worth the risk? really? Originally Posted by LovingKayla
The risk of trying to explain the unexplainable is what usually keeps me within the boundaries of Tarrant County. I would love to see some of the wonderful providers in the Dallas area (and McKinney ). but it would be impossible for me to come up with a justification for being so far afield. It limits my potential experiences, but getting myself in that kind of a jam would be the equivalent of nuclear winter.
Ya know......I'm used to folks who have better imaginations. Dig deep boys.....if ya really want what ya think ya can't have, you are the only one limiting yourself. ijs Geez....I think I'm gonna start a service concerning "fibs" and plausible stories, how to behave and not, when telling these "fibs". I never met a man who didn't lie, and come to think of it, a woman either. LOL The trick is.....K.I.S.S. Keep it simple stupid. Of course that never worked for anyone lying to me.....I'm one of those what ya call 'ems....human lie detectors.
Now this thread is entertaining......

Hey, I know CPR in case of a heart attack, have battery cables in case your car battery dies, and a shower I can offer for your after play freshen up. I know a cpl of gents who bring the same products as used at home which they keep in their brief case or maybe a shaving case they keep in their car.

As for accidents.....take defensive driving? Often? LOL Originally Posted by MaxiMilyen
More laughs for me. Girl you rock.
More laughs for me. Girl you rock. Originally Posted by doug_dfw
Thanks, darlin'!

I'm here to entertain the troops when they let me.

Actually, the whole mouthing off to your wife by saying stuff like "It's a free country." had me rolling in the floor. He clearly, does not have a serious relationship! LOL I imagine the rest of the gents went pale at the thought of that....LOL
  • DSK
  • 08-06-2015, 08:29 PM
That's one of my biggest worries -- that my car battery will die after I am finished with my session and am trying to get out of there.... Originally Posted by Reverend Raincoat
Replace it every three years with a good quality (not auto zone) battery and also carry a jumpstart battery - and keep it charged. If you have a standard, park facing downhill.
That's one of my biggest worries -- that my car battery will die after I am finished with my session and am trying to get out of there.... Originally Posted by Reverend Raincoat
This happened to me once. I was in a standard, pushing the car through the apartment complex's parking lot, trying to hop in and pop-start it, when some kind soul pulled up behind me in a pickup truck and gave me an appropriate nudge.

I had another dead battery another time when I was somewhere it would have been difficult to explain. Fortunately, I was on a busy street, so I pulled out the jumper cables and looked plaintively at passing cars. I got a jump in no time.

Back to the original request: You were asked by your boss to deliver a time-sensitive package somewhere, or to pick up something and bring it back to the office, or to pick up or take someone (someone visiting your office from out of town) somewhere he or she needed to be. A friend asked you to meet in that area for lunch or a drink, or to pick him up at a car repair place and take him home or to work.

Not all will work for everyone, but that's a start. If it's something that concerns you, make sure you have your tale mapped out in your mind beforehand.
Hang out with strippers. They are full of stories. It will start to rub off.
If it's that slight of a fender bender maybe she won't notice. Just fix it ASAP. Or you got lost. Or read an ad online for a store with a great discount on...whatever you've been needing. Or a friend asked you to meet you there, to talk and didn't want HIS SO to run into them.
While I am single, I have general stuff to tell family/friends/associates, if needed. Having grown up in the Metroplex, I have a good, general knowledge of various areas. So, far example, Aviation museum/pilot shop/watching planes land & takeoff for Addison/North Dallas area, works around Love as well. Unique shops, like REI, and take her there, so she is aware of them. Gun shops (all over), and you were looking for specific gun/item/ammo (just say you heard that they had .22LR!). Out by DFW, its the Bass Pro Shop. Plano, Central Market (take something home). Allen, Cabela's. Frisco, traffic forced a detour due to 75 traffic (who wouldn't believe that one!) 75 area, south of 635, Kuby's, Half-Price Books (good for lots of area's), Aw Shucks, traffic detour.

As you may have noticed, these are simple, yet believable. While all these may not work for everyone, you have to tailor them to your specific situation. For example, off Royal/Denton Road/Harry Hines, there is a music instrument store, specializing in guitars. Or Wolf Camera.

Keep your head on a swivel, be aware of the area. To build credibility, take the SO to those area attractions, so when you say your were in that area to visit a specific store/location, you now have a valid reason!

Once, I was on the way to a studio in the 635/75 area. A young lady, on her cell phone, did not notice me slowing down due to the car in front of me turning into a shopping center. She swerved, clipped my left rear side, and smashed my truck bed up into my wheel. We pulled into the parking lot, and when she stepped out, I thought a SW/stripper had hit me! She was dressed in an exceptionally tiny school girl outfit, 19 yo, and hot as fuck! Turns out, she worked at Bone Daddies! (Is that a stripper in training school?) Got all the info exchanged, police reports, etc. I then called family to pick me up, telling them I had a wreck, while on the way to meet clients at Bone Daddies! So, mix in real world, real believable info, and make it something that isn't too deep on info, but believable and plausible. AND SOMETHING YOU CAN REMEMBER SIX MONTHS LATER!!!
Too have your magical hands all over my body...yes, yes, yes it is really worth it
as for smell....a good Whataburger usually covers that up every nicely. Be a little messy when you eat it maybe let some drip on your shirt....it will mask any smell.
While I am single, I have general stuff to tell family/friends/associates, if needed. Having grown up in the Metroplex, I have a good, general knowledge of various areas. So, far example, Aviation museum/pilot shop/watching planes land & takeoff for Addison/North Dallas area, works around Love as well. ...... Originally Posted by boo-boo bear
BB Bear has it right. Everyone has a hobby and/or interest that a simple Google search can translate into valid time away from the home. Look at my handle here on Eccie. If I came back to the SO with ANY aviation-related activities she would/will accept it at face value. (BB Bear - Cavanaugh Flight Museum is exceptional. Have not been the Frontiers museum at Love Field.) Her only comment might be "why didn't you take me" but she is not into aviation and we both know that. So I do something nice like cook supper.

Also, I am looking at investing in rental properties, true statement, not just a cover. As I go to different weekly seminars (just Google real estate investing DFW and you will get lots of hits) I can schedule some side visits to providers. The SO sees what properties I am interested in and the work I am doing to gain knowledge and experience. So it is not unknown for me to be around different places.

Finally, (I know this is long) when I have a friend it is a friend for life even if we don't see each other for a few years. Just last weekend I had an appointment in N. Dallas and told the SO when I finished I was going to see an old friend in McKinney. I did see the friend but also managed to slip in Eccie business (BB Bears recommends remember it in six months motto). I may not remember the Eccie girl that day but I met with my buddy and that can't be unforgotten.

I would say for those that are PW'ed there is really not an answer. If your SO is on your ass for every minute and you have kids/soccer/team sports/day care/etc. then I am not sure what to tell you. For those of us that dabble in the hobby then find something that is masking your activities.

The only hole in my activities is that I sometimes say I am going into the office on a Saturday or Sunday. On those days I am free to do whatever I want. However, my SO has never called my direct company line to see if I am there. If she was to ever say "Hey, called your direct # and no answer" I would just have to tell her I left work early. She knows that I stop by a golf course / club on the way home so no big deal really.

Anyway, three whiskeys in, my 2 cents.
Well of course I am looking at properties all over as well in Dallas so I am supposed to be wherever. Not that anyone other than my mom is asking. lol.

On the battery issue we ride with a Clore JNC 660 +Lexus n USAA roadside assitance, redundance, but can they be kind of slow unless you know them. So sometimes better to DIY.. Also ride with elect. tire inflater and can of tire fix it. Oh and of course nine in the clip n one the chamber. regulator at all tmes! lol Good luck out there amigos