Are we better off that the hobby is illegal

Unfortunately, I will not be in Amsterdam at that time. I lived in Germany for 6 years and make the roadie many times. You are going to have a blast! On a side note, while you are there check out all the museums and galleries, they are among the best in the world as well as the historical sites such as Anne Frank's house. And check out the bicycles!!
The US government can and does fuck up free lunches. They went broke trying to run a whore house in Nevada that they acquired by taking it over for tax problems.

Decriminalized yes, legalized never. Originally Posted by Bull149
Amen!
It's been a few years so I am not up on current rates, but my memory is clear about the availability and variety of workers unlike where I live now. There was just so much to choose from in the Red Light District from GFE to PSE. Women from every country in the world. A true hobbyist dream.
Unfortunately, I will not be in Amsterdam at that time. I lived in Germany for 6 years and make the roadie many times. You are going to have a blast! On a side note, while you are there check out all the museums and galleries, they are among the best in the world as well as the historical sites such as Anne Frank's house. And check out the bicycles!! Originally Posted by bistraight69

I definitely will do that. On a side note, if you know of any premium sites for the Germany/Amsterdam thing please pass them on. I'm only going to be in Europe for 3 weeks and that will be my last trip there for 2012 until the summer.
London, the city, has some hot English babes. Germany is where East meets West.
The US government can and does fuck up free lunches. They went broke trying to run a whore house in Nevada that they acquired by taking it over for tax problems.

Decriminalized yes, legalized never. Originally Posted by Bull149
Very well said. I agree!

Yeah if I was forced to be an equal opportunity provider, I would quit. Not worth it.
i agree that it should be decriminalized, but not legal. Making it legal would open us up to a whole load of horse shit that's already been mentioned here. I dont want to register as a sex worker. How the hell am I going to et out of the industry then? What about my discretion? It's not like making it legal will give me paid holidays or vacation time.
I could see it now A 1 hour appointment with London
Posted.on the wall of her incall
Labor rate 400 a hour with 1 hour minimum
This is what the bill would look like

Labor 1 hour 400
Misc parts 10. Condoms , towels bottled water etc
Sales tax10% 40
Disposal fee. 5 condoms bottles etc

Total. 455

Would the girls have to have liability insurance in case one of us has a heart attack or incur some other injury trying to perform some porsrar move?

Would the agencies have to provide workers comp ?

A lot of girls would probably just quit if they had to deal with real business overhead .
The ladies already have overhead. Incalls ain't free: utilities, furnishings, towels, makeup, linens, laundry, etc.

Several years ago, I sat down with one lady and her overhead was the first 5.5 appointments every month. Some months she did not break even, most of the time she made a little money, some months she cleaned up. If the phone is not ringing, the ladies do not have a chance to make money.
That's not what I meant . I understand that they have expenses . I was talking about all the the insurance and all the other expenses associated with a legitimate business.
I can envision a world where the cost of doing business for providers would outweigh the financial benefits, and/or costs would soar! Originally Posted by Louigi
Not sure legalization would necessarily mean higher costs though, because prices would still be largely determined by the market. Also, legalization would probably mean that a greater number of potential providers would enter the marketplace and competition usually keeps prices down.

Sure, the cost of doing business might go up, but how much of that added expense can really be passed onto the consumer, before they just seek cheaper options, especially in a bad economy?
I would think that a legalization would actually drive prices up. I see a lot more hobbyists showing up than providers if it was legalized. I know an awful lot of men that would partake whole heartedly if they didn't have to worry about vice.
There is one element to it that I do not like. Everytime that we take up the hobby, we risk some serious consequences to our lives. We've all seen the videos of the Law Enforcement busts with men's faces plastered on television and in mug shots. Usually that results in men losing their jobs, breaking up their families, ect..

As a hobbyist, I'd like to not have to risk that and would happily take legalizing it.
I would think that a legalization would actually drive prices up. I see a lot more hobbyists showing up than providers if it was legalized. I know an awful lot of men that would partake whole heartedly if they didn't have to worry about vice. Originally Posted by Bowden
What I've seen in other countries is that they figured out methods to be able to serve the larger number of clients -- girls working shifts, ect.. 1 brothel could service a thousand men a day, for example. That drove the prices down fast.
$10.00 ctn of cigs + $35.00 -$40.00 tax = gov fk this shiot up big time.