Attack page??

• Mokoa
  • 09-20-2010, 12:59 PM
The issue of ECCIE being on the "reported attack site list" has been resolved. Firefox no longer displays the warning page.
As of 3:56, you are mistaken.It still shows:
Reported Attack Page!
This web page at www.eccie.net has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack pages try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack pages intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.
I'm using Mozilla Firefox and as of yet I've received NO attack warnings thus far today. However, that's because I did a clean sweep of my computer/cookies & cache, before opening up eccie on the Firefox browser.

Reported Attack Page!
This web page at www.eccie.net has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack pages try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack pages intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners. Originally Posted by nuglet
  • Mokoa
  • 09-20-2010, 04:59 PM
Reported Attack Page! Originally Posted by nuglet
No, I am not mistaken. I do not get the warning anymore and I have heard the same thing from others. It appears that your browser is not yet aware that ECCIE is no longer on the "reported attack site" list. I had already stated in previous posts that it would take a while for all of the browsers out there to be aware of ECCIE's removal from the list.
no problem,I was just checking with another computer. Is not, and never was an issue for Mac's.
Lots of stuff gets cached in mysterious ways in computers, or even within the net in some cases, so even when you clean up the source of the "bad site" file at Google or wherever, it may still show up for a while.