Anybody Notice The August Inflation Numbers…….

• WTF
  • 09-20-2022, 01:52 PM
With the exception of the last sentence, this is the most ignorant economic comment I've ever seen in the Political Forum.

Move over, WTF. You've got competition! Originally Posted by lustylad
As an economist, you really should Google "business cycle"

Also...luck the draw , Rooster and sunrise.

I'll leave you with a simple question.....just who has more control of the economy, The Fed or President?
As an economist, you really should Google "business cycle" Originally Posted by WTF
As an ignorant non-economist with severe comprehension issues, you really should go back and re-read the OP.

The thread topic is inflation, not the business cycle. Or do you mean to argue Biden is just a passive victim of the "inflation cycle"?

Intermittent setbacks notwithstanding, inflation was on a 40-year downtrend until Senile, Spendthrift, Clueless Progressive-Marionette Joe Biden arrived and poured gasoline all over the cooling embers.

Doesn't look "cyclical" to me!

• WTF
  • 09-20-2022, 04:48 PM
As an ignorant non-economist with severe comprehension issues, you really should go back and re-read the OP.

The thread topic is inflation, not the business cycle. Or do you mean to argue Biden is just a passive victim of the "inflation cycle"?

Intermittent setbacks notwithstanding, inflation was on a 40-year downtrend until Senile, Spendthrift, Clueless Progressive-Marionette Joe Biden arrived and poured gasoline all over the cooling embers.

Doesn't look "cyclical" to me!

Originally Posted by lustylad
I was addressing a President's impact on Business cycles. Try and keep up.

Any wannabe economist would know that this inflation has more to do with the re-coupling of the world economy than anything Biden has done or not done. Plus after this Ukrainian war....that will all slowly straighten itself out.

Both Biden and Trumpvand Congress preferred to over stimulate the economy while in the mist of the pandemic...so let's stfu with that blame game unless you include them all.

Do you think it is Biden policy that caused Ford's suppliers to increase prices?

Where did you say you got that degree? Trump U?
Any wannabe economist would know that this inflation has more to do with the re-coupling of the world economy than anything Biden has done or not done. Plus after this Ukrainian war....that will all slowly straighten itself out.

Both Biden and Trump and Congress preferred to over stimulate the economy while in the mist (sic) of the pandemic...so let's stfu with that blame game unless you include them all. Originally Posted by WTF
We already had this discussion. Is your gay boyfriend still in a coma?

https://eccie.net/showpost.php?p=106...&postcount=307

Your insistence on parroting false, lame DNC talking point-excuses over & over again is not exculpatory when it comes to Joe Biden's devastating inflation. You sound increasingly desperate each time you make those silly arguments. Real economists are amused by your constant partisan whining.

Can you stop whining long enough to glance at a graph? And maybe understand it?

The inflation rate in the U.S is 8.5% as of August. Global inflation is expected to be 8.7% in 2022. Inflation in the U.K. is 10.1%. 7.6% in Canada. 79.6% in Turkey. Italy 8.4%. Spain 9%. Germany 10%. Mexico 8.7%. France 5.9%. Is Biden responsible for the high rate of inflation in other countries as you believe he is in the U.S.? Inflation is a worldwide problem not caused by any leader of the countries mentioned.