Search

• TBONE
  • 03-22-2010, 10:26 AM
We'll get with our programmer and see what he can do to fix this.
Thanks, to all 3 of you very handsome men, TBONE, PPE and SP.
Suck up.... LOL!
Yep, you called me on it. lol

I just think search would be a heap more helpful to include a number search. For the ladies looking up alerts and the guys looking up girls. Girls change names, maybe 20 girls all use the same number.

Just thought sucking up might put it in the works faster.
One of the most critical things that makes a hobby site valuable is that ability for searching for phone numbers and if that is not working at all, like now, the fix should probably be bumped up in priority.
I hate to say this but in 5+ years on aspd, probably 90% of my searches were for phone numbers & it worked great almost all the time. Obviously, this is not aspd but it is very similar in a lot of ways.

Are you saying there is no fix for this problem? I don't understand what's different about 10 numerical characters in a row, (2145551111) and 10 alpha characters in a row (Francessca). Shouldn't a search engine treat them both the same?

RM
For phone numbers, just look for the last 4 digits, for instance, *1234*. You probably get a few false hits, but it seems to usually work well for me. Once in a while, you'll have trouble when the same number matches a high volume lady.
One of the most critical things that makes a hobby site valuable is that ability for searching for phone numbers and if that is not working at all, like now, the fix should probably be bumped up in priority. Originally Posted by LazurusLong
It works fine for me.

For phone numbers, just look for the last 4 digits, for instance, *1234*. You probably get a few false hits, but it seems to usually work well for me. Once in a while, you'll have trouble when the same number matches a high volume lady. Originally Posted by GneissGuy
Yes thats a good way to search phone numbers, I'm including a search link I did using that methodology.

http://www.eccie.net/search.php?searchid=714860
Remember you can lso narrow your search by forums, so that you do not pick up things outside of the areas you are interested in, like Dallas or Provider Ads - Dallas or Independent review - Dallas.

PPE