Federal judge in Kentucky dismisses Nick Sandman lawsuits

Ummmm . . The young man ( still a minor back then) was victimized by nearly every national "news" outlet when they maliciously disseminated negative stories about him that were untrue. At the time, he was a sub-adult private citizen, not a public figure. That these stories rose to the level of legally defined slander and libel is supported by the settlement of suits against CNN and others who didn't want to take them to trial and have it proven publically in open court.
Re-reading this thread, I see that there is a lot of ad hominum invective that has little to do with the story in the Op of this thread.

Lets all (including me) keep the discussion focused on the story.
MUNCHY did forget the "cocksucker" part that he is famous for...
Arrogant?

A16 year old kid is a rally and is wrongly portrayed, I repeat wrongly portrayed by countless major news entities as being something he was not.

They all did this with a little clever editing and creative reporting.

The very first thing every one of them should is ashamed.

Then make restitution.
As someone who lives in the area--- arrogant is the correct word for the kid-- but not because of the events he's known for. He's the same age as one of my kiddos and I've met the kid-- he's a rich, arrogant little prick-- and I had that opinion of him long before any of this BS. Having said that-- most of you who call him arrogant do so for the wrong reasons.

For the other side of this argument....

One can be arrogant and also be in the right at the same time. They aren't mutually exclusive.
Arrogant . . .Ok, arrogant if you say so.

But how does that character flaw make it acceptable for large corporations to intentionally and with malice defame, slander and libal him, a minor private citizen, with lies and inuendo to the international public?

It does not. That is exactly what "equal protection under the law" means. This is borne out by the avoidance of any court trial through settlement of the various initial lawsuits.

BTW: Anyone think there is a lack of arrogance on this board?
let me say this

the kid hasn't displayed arrogance in any public way since entering the national spotlight

but he has faced liars and tricksters, including the media and the activist phillips, who have displayed their faults in public ways even as supposedly mature adults

for those here to pronounce him arrogant based on nothing...well that speaks more to their own faults than his

as far as someone casually knowing a kid, any kid, in their formative years, never seeing them in personal emotional settings or caring for their dog, or crying for their passed grandmother...well its very unfair to pronounce arrogance on a kid using such incomplete and temporary and presumptive evidence
Arrogant . . .Ok, arrogant if you say so.

But how does that character flaw make it acceptable for large corporations to intentionally and with malice defame, slander and libal him, a minor private citizen, with lies and inuendo to the international public?

It does not. That is exactly what "equal protection under the law" means. This is borne out by the avoidance of any court trial through settlement of the various initial lawsuits.

BTW: Anyone think there is a lack of arrogance on this board? Originally Posted by ICU 812

Psst... I'm confident that I concluded my statement with the fact that one can be arrogant and still be right. He was within his rights to sue.
let me say this

as far as someone casually knowing a kid, any kid, in their formative years, never seeing them in personal emotional settings or caring for their dog, or crying for their passed grandmother...well its very unfair to pronounce arrogance on a kid using such incomplete and temporary and presumptive evidence Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought

Um...

Arrogant people are still human. They still care for pets (and children). They still mourn the loss of family members. To assume you know more about a person from across the country than someone who has been in the same room with the kid numerous times-- is foolish.
you dont know him enough to say anything about him with authority

even if you might see a kid acting out, due to his own uncertainty, as kids do, trying to impress

you dont know him enough to claim him arrogant as some final pronouncement of his forever character

that is the height of foolishness

where do you get the idea that i am assuming i know more about him than others? i havent made any claim of knowing him. now that is certainly informative. is that mistaken claim of yours about me from the same source as your judgement of him?
Psst... I'm confident that I concluded my statement with the fact that one can be arrogant and still be right. He was within his rights to sue. Originally Posted by Grace Preston
Sorry.. I missed that. Thanks.
Ummmm . . The young man ( still a minor back then) was victimized by nearly every national "news" outlet when they maliciously disseminated negative stories about him that were untrue. At the time, he was a sub-adult private citizen, not a public figure. That these stories rose to the level of legally defined slander and libel is supported by the settlement of suits against CNN and others who didn't want to take them to trial and have it proven publically in open court. Originally Posted by ICU 812
He was so victimized that the courts threw all his lawsuits out in one fell swoop.

If anybody victimized that little brat, it was his lawyers.