Texas Police shoot trained therapy dog as they raid wrong address for an expired vehicle registration

Haha, well thats good to know, you think it will work? LOL Originally Posted by Stan.Dupp
An educated police force........oxymoron!
  • LNK
  • 08-22-2013, 06:55 PM
OK, we get that the whole deal is fucked up, but you read into the story less and more than was there.

We don't know anything more than is there, and there almost certainly is more.

The web site you linked the article from is not exactly moderate. More like radical, I'd say. Here's from their "About" page:

Police State. (noun) – A state in which the government exercises rigid and repressive controls over the social, economic and political life of the population.
Our mission is to educate and inform the public about the dire situation this country faces. Our liberties are being systematically destroyed and the power of the government grows by the day. We cannot win our liberties back without popular support, and most of the public is still unaware and apathetic. The more people who wake up, educate themselves, and prepare, the better off we will be in the future.
This site is dedicated to exposing all aspects of the police state, and how to counter them. These include the militarization of law enforcement, police brutality, civil rights infringements, systemic corruption & abuse, destruction of personal liberties, outlawing of non-violent/victimless behavior, prohibition of arbitrary items, invasions of privacy, surveillance & spying, governmental double standards, conditioning of the citizens, aggressive foreign policy, government propaganda, the rigged political system, the false Left/Right Paradigm, citizen indoctrination, world government, and more.
Please follow this site as it continues to grow and keep up with these important news articles. Register as a Subscriber, and participate in debates. If you think this message is important to get out to people, then share these articles and invite your open-minded friends to view this site.

On the other hand, if they come shooting my dog, they'd better have several extra magazines, because I'll use their same tactics. Shoot until the threat is eliminated.
OK, we get that the whole deal is fucked up, but you read into the story less and more than was there.

We don't know anything more than is there, and there almost certainly is more.

The web site you linked the article from is not exactly moderate. More like radical, I'd say. Here's from their "About" page:

Police State. (noun) – A state in which the government exercises rigid and repressive controls over the social, economic and political life of the population.
Our mission is to educate and inform the public about the dire situation this country faces. Our liberties are being systematically destroyed and the power of the government grows by the day. We cannot win our liberties back without popular support, and most of the public is still unaware and apathetic. The more people who wake up, educate themselves, and prepare, the better off we will be in the future.
This site is dedicated to exposing all aspects of the police state, and how to counter them. These include the militarization of law enforcement, police brutality, civil rights infringements, systemic corruption & abuse, destruction of personal liberties, outlawing of non-violent/victimless behavior, prohibition of arbitrary items, invasions of privacy, surveillance & spying, governmental double standards, conditioning of the citizens, aggressive foreign policy, government propaganda, the rigged political system, the false Left/Right Paradigm, citizen indoctrination, world government, and more.
Please follow this site as it continues to grow and keep up with these important news articles. Register as a Subscriber, and participate in debates. If you think this message is important to get out to people, then share these articles and invite your open-minded friends to view this site.

On the other hand, if they come shooting my dog, they'd better have several extra magazines, because I'll use their same tactics. Shoot until the threat is eliminated. Originally Posted by LNK
There were several other incidents I read on, dare I say, reddit.. yes I love cruising reddit.. but it had police tazering and shooting a 7 lb chihahua (or however you spell that name). The cop said it tried to bite her leg. She killed it. But, I have to scratch my head with something like that. I can easily punt a 7lb dog that is trying to bite me. Then they had a video on that site of a family who had 2 dogs, and again, I guess they got the wrong house or something, but one of their dogs was physically tied up in the kitchen. They shot and killed it. The video showed all the numerous bullet holes toward the bottom floor and in the wall.

Shoot, now I need to see if I can find those links and vids.
In Texas, if your hands have anything in them...cellphone, lighter, car keys, ....condom....anything....you can be shot and the shooting will be ruled justifiable. I am having a difficult time finding an UNJUSTIFIED shooting .....one would be good. Actually, you don't have to have something in your hand but it makes it easier to dismiss....otherwise you LUNGED at the officer....or just "I was in fear of my life or my partner's life or......".
At one time it was rare for even a large city to have a SWAT team. Today, every moderate sized city may have a SWAT team or maybe two. They have automatic weapons, armored cars, and small genitals. They are angry men who have taken too many steroids. Too many ordinary cops think that they are SWAT.

I wonder if anyone has ever tried to use the poisoned fruit line of logic. If you find evidence without a warrant or probable cause it is considered inadmissable because it is fruit from the poisoned tree. Okay, if the cops enter the wrong address for whatever reason then ANYTHING they do is wrong.
In CEDAR PARK, Texas, if your hands have anything in them...cellphone, lighter, car keys, ....condom....anything....you can be shot and the shooting will be ruled justifiable. I am having a difficult time finding an UNJUSTIFIED shooting .....one would be good. Actually, you don't have to have something in your hand but it makes it easier to dismiss....otherwise you LUNGED at the officer....or just "I was in fear of my life or my partner's life or......". Originally Posted by lostincypress
Fixed it for you.
Fixed it for you. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Thanks. I'm just closer to the action in Houston.
And the libtards still believe that we lie in a free society and not a police state.
In a train station here in the Dallas area (Richardson, I believe) in the last year or so a transit officer shot at the right guy, who needed to be shot as we say here in Texas, but missed him and killed an innocent bystander. She received no discipline as far as I know.

Sec. 9.05. RECKLESS INJURY OF INNOCENT THIRD PERSON. Even though an actor is justified under this chapter in threatening or using force or deadly force against another, if in doing so he also recklessly injures or kills an innocent third person, the justification afforded by this chapter is unavailable in a prosecution for the reckless injury or killing of the innocent third person.
Acts 1973, 63rd Leg., p. 883, ch. 399, Sec. 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1974. Amended by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 900, Sec. 1.01, eff. Sept. 1, 1994.
Ok, understandable, I got that part. But for an expired vehicle registration? They don't give you your vehicle registration until you have paid, via mail or in person. Soooo.. one has to assume that this is an expired vehicle registration? But even with all that in mind, why on earth would you send a bunch of cops out like that for something so incredibly minor. But more importantly.. they got the entire town wrong, and address wrong! Then they shoot someone's dog who is fenced in, and confined in the backyard. Originally Posted by Stan.Dupp
Gotta agree. That's a fucked up scenario.
....missed him and killed an innocent bystander. She received no discipline as far as I know.

Sec. 9.05. RECKLESS INJURY OF INNOCENT THIRD PERSON. Even though an actor is justified under this chapter in threatening or using force or deadly force against another, if in doing so he also recklessly injures or kills an innocent third person, the justification afforded by this chapter is unavailable in a prosecution for the reckless injury or killing of the innocent third person.
Acts 1973, 63rd Leg., p. 883, ch. 399, Sec. 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1974. Amended by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 900, Sec. 1.01, eff. Sept. 1, 1994. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
Well, JL, you know from reading the ZimmermanMartin threads that ....

....most on here ...................know that the bystander wasn't "innocent"!!!!
The guy was ticketed for not having a vehicle registration violation. He didn't pay the fine and he didn't show up in court. When that happens, an arrest warrant for failure to appear gets issued. In big cities, that means the next time the cops stop you for something, you're going to get arrested on the outstanding warrant.

In smaller towns that have cops with nothing better to do, they are going to go out and serve the warrant. Looks like they fucked up and went to the wrong address here, although it appears that there is some dispute about that.

That big german shepherd charged the cop and he shot it. Do you blame him? The owner's statements that the dog is just a big happy goof who wanted to be petted may or may not be true....either way, there is no way the cop could have known that. What's he supposed to do? Wait until this 100 lb. German Shepherd is chewing off his nuts before he decides the dog may pose a threat?

It's a shame. Shit happens. Perfect example of a shit-stirring right wing website making much ado over nothing. Same as the idiot who made the OP.
The guy was ticketed for not having a vehicle registration violation. He didn't pay the fine and he didn't show up in court. When that happens, an arrest warrant for failure to appear gets issued. In big cities, that means the next time the cops stop you for something, you're going to get arrested on the outstanding warrant.

In smaller towns that have cops with nothing better to do, they are going to go out and serve the warrant. Looks like they fucked up and went to the wrong address here, although it appears that there is some dispute about that.

That big german shepherd charged the cop and he shot it. Do you blame him? The owner's statements that the dog is just a big happy goof who wanted to be petted may or may not be true....either way, there is no way the cop could have known that. What's he supposed to do? Wait until this 100 lb. German Shepherd is chewing off his nuts before he decides the dog may pose a threat?

It's a shame. Shit happens. Perfect example of a shit-stirring right wing website making much ado over nothing. Same as the idiot who made the OP. Originally Posted by timpage
I agree with everything you just stated theoretically (if the police facts are the correct version) ............

............. except for yout last sentence, which was unnecessary. Doesn't matter who it is.

It's a shame. Shit happens. Perfect example of a shit-stirring right wing website making much ado over nothing. Same as the idiot who made the OP. Originally Posted by timpage
I agree with you also, but usually it is a left wing site that pisses all over the cops. We conservatives love Law and Order.