Thoughts on meet and greets?

• jwood
  • 02-09-2019, 07:42 PM
Meet n greets are fun in SB dating. I enjoyed them....as long as it didn't turn into a 5-hour meet! Originally Posted by petitefunlady
i agree this is more a SD/SB thing. The hobby is a different game. Let’s get down to business.
  • BLM69
  • 02-09-2019, 10:10 PM
No prob, LOL. Just trying to keep this one from going WAY off the rails and have newbies thinking that the news was going to show up at the Starbucks if they wanted to have a coffee before a date, LOL. Originally Posted by B Three
You bring your famous home baked cookies to the meet and greet at the Starbucks lol

If anything do this at private venue somewhere out in the sticks, better safe than sorry. Too many camera phones out in busy places
You bring your famous home baked cookies to the meet and greet at the Starbucks lol

If anything do this at private venue somewhere out in the sticks, better safe than sorry. Too many camera phones out in busy places Originally Posted by BLM69
This.

I stopped doing lunch "meet and greets" with new friends after I spent a good hour trying to politely avoid having pictures of my face taken. The gent was not very covert in his attempts (nor was he much of a gent, BCD did not happen because of his behavior). That was the last time that I did lunch with someone who was not already an established friend.
It'really a shame we can't have socials anymore--years ago we had them usually at a rented hall or restaurant and they were so much fun! They were always very well attended and everyone had a blast! We got to meet each other as just boys and girls not people from the hobby. We had open bar and music--just plain fun. I know I sure enjoyed them and met a lot of nice ladies as well as fellow hobbists!
I miss those socials too! They were really great for meeting people in our Eccie community and make new friends, both providers and clients. It was always fun and very friendly environment. Hope one of these days those socials come back!!
It'really a shame we can't have socials anymore--years ago we had them usually at a rented hall or restaurant and they were so much fun! They were always very well attended and everyone had a blast! We got to meet each other as just boys and girls not people from the hobby. We had open bar and music--just plain fun. I know I sure enjoyed them and met a lot of nice ladies as well as fellow hobbists! Originally Posted by yohollyrock
I miss those socials too! They were really great for meeting people in our Eccie community and make new friends, both providers and clients. It was always fun and very friendly environment. Hope one of these days those socials come back!! Originally Posted by Private Encounter
This is about one guy and one girl meeting before a session.
Not Socials. Socials are banned. For security reasons. (Outing)
On the meet-n-greets .. never really thought about those .. just figured I’d meet her and she’d greet me at the door and we’d chat, and get to know each other .. heck probably a 1/3 of my encounters were just chatting and talking.

On the socials, same as others. If you could set them up as simple casual parties to meet like minded people it would be fantastic but we live in a society that is terribly judgmental, extremely closed minded and they feel as thought they have a right to tell consenting adults what we can and can’t do - not just BCD but just having a casual meeting at a local bar or restaurant. I wish we could just all go someplace, have drinks and snacks or dinner, and enjoy the evening.
Social are not banned and exist in other places, just usually not in Dallas and Houston. And primary reason was not "outing."
Too many women probably think you are just a tire-kicker, but, if you have a legitimate interest and she;s amenable, I'd say go for it, especially if you are looking for more than a one-time visit. I recently bought lunch for a woman and had an interesting conversation and fun time. But it would have been unfair to both me and her to pursue something BCD; the thanks-but-no-thanks PM is always difficult.
  • grean
  • 02-10-2019, 01:59 PM
1/2 hour visits are the best meet n greet ever. That's enough time to encounter a little and see if you n her click n repeat. Originally Posted by Tsmokies
I've met a few ladies who will want to get to know you for a bit too long in a hour session and I felt I left after just a quicky, albeit an expensive one.

Half hours do help prevent that experience.
  • grean
  • 02-10-2019, 02:02 PM
I'm wary of meet in greets because even if the lady is very discreet and there aren't any face pics of her on any hooker boards, I still don't know who knows her if we go out publicly.

It's not paranoia if they are really after you....