Patel and my 3some..........

Perhaps if h had offered a bj or hj, then it would been ok?
According to this 2006 Chronicle Article it is illegal to knowingly rent rooms to prostitutes or their customers. It also says the burden of proof is more with the state. See codes under Article I (General) Section 28-14 and 15. I spent a little time in the muni code library and could not find anything specific to hourly or three to a room.

I got "bitch slapped" by a PI owner way back in ASPD days for having 3 to a room. Maybe its easier to prove the knowingly law when there is more than 2. I guess one would have to spring for an all nighter to get 3+ in, even at double to triple the hourly rate. (Don't forget we have a whopping 17% hotel tax which will add almost another $10 to the final bill).

I guess we need to keep it an open secret on what the (hourly) notels are in Houston. I've often wanted to start a thread and get a list for my own edification. But I understand no wanting to "out" any owners. I guess the general rule is the smaller, less chain hotel/motel, the better the odds for getting an hour. If you ask (for the hour), I guess all they can say is no.

Yea, saying Mr. Patel is a bit rude, it would be like someone saying Mr. Smith to describe a generic Anglo/North American. Or Bubba to describe a dumb country bumpkin. And hotel/motel/convenience stores are popular businesses for Indians. But there are plenty of Indian doctors and in my field, computer science. And not all Bubbas are rednecks. I don't think any posts above were derogatory, rather more stereotyping ( saying all notel operators are Indian and name is probably Mr Patel since it's the single most popular last name for Indians).
so true but how does he know whats going on? They could of been just having fun
According to this 2006 Chronicle Article it is illegal to knowingly rent rooms to prostitutes or their customers. It also says the burden of proof is more with the state. See codes under Article I (General) Section 28-14 and 15. I spent a little time in the muni code library and could not find anything specific to hourly or three to a room.

I got "bitch slapped" by a PI owner way back in ASPD days for having 3 to a room. Maybe its easier to prove the knowingly law when there is more than 2. I guess one would have to spring for an all nighter to get 3+ in, even at double to triple the hourly rate. (Don't forget we have a whopping 17% hotel tax which will add almost another $10 to the final bill).

I guess we need to keep it an open secret on what the (hourly) notels are in Houston. I've often wanted to start a thread and get a list for my own edification. But I understand no wanting to "out" any owners. I guess the general rule is the smaller, less chain hotel/motel, the better the odds for getting an hour. If you ask (for the hour), I guess all they can say is no.

Yea, saying Mr. Patel is a bit rude, it would be like someone saying Mr. Smith to describe a generic Anglo/North American. Or Bubba to describe a dumb country bumpkin. And hotel/motel/convenience stores are popular businesses for Indians. But there are plenty of Indian doctors and in my field, computer science. And not all Bubbas are rednecks. I don't think any posts above were derogatory, rather more stereotyping ( saying all notel operators are Indian and name is probably Mr Patel since it's the single most popular last name for Indians). Originally Posted by Yowzer
Wow, A useful thread...
I remember at an incall in stafford i was kicked out of the notel for the same problem and it was an awful last minute type of situation which sucked because i loved it their
FYI, the Emerald is outside the Houston city limits, so not subject to the hourly rental ban.

The first year, I usually rented for the afternoon or eve, but the last couple of years I took the room nightly or for several nights, and when it got to be a week at a time on a regular basis, I knew it was time to move on. I called ahead of time and they would hold my room for me, the same one unless they were working on it, or I needed the hot tub suite. I always left tips for the maids. I'd bring sweets to the office sometimes. (Kissing up is a good way to butter up.) I'd chat with the staff and never saw them as "Patels." The managers even helped me carry in some of my stuff occasionally. (Those of you who saw me there know I traveled with accoutrements to help create a more pleasant, less motel-like environment.) When they re-did some of the rooms with new carpet, paint, mattresses, curtains, bedding, new mini-fridge, a/c, and TV, they started with mine. There were a handful of times that I did have 3 people in the room, quite a few days when I was doing FBSM only and 3 or 4 fellows visited me, and they knew that. When I told them I was moving on, they offered me an incredible deal monthly to stay, but I wanted a full kitchen and a place with my own furnishings. (I love my new apartment. The patio is killer, and the fireplace, full bar, antique iron bed...blah, blah, blah.) The night clerks, and I think I know the one she's speaking of, were always polite and friendly to me and never gave me any attitude.

I relate all this just to state that my experience with them was ALWAYS positive. I'm sorry for the embarrassment and inconvenience Athena had to suffer. Something evidently happened to change the environment.

(I did get kicked out of a PI once near Hobby for having one gentleman visit me in the morning and another in the afternoon, and that was mortifying as the second gentleman was still there and had to leave. The management swore that they had never rented to me before, yet I had been there several times. I bet they had been busted recently. Notel motels for me NEVER again!)
conversation rules the nation

FYI, the Emerald is outside the Houston city limits, so not subject to the hourly rental ban.

The first year, I usually rented for the afternoon or eve, but the last couple of years I took the room nightly or for several nights, and when it got to be a week at a time on a regular basis, I knew it was time to move on. I called ahead of time and they would hold my room for me, the same one unless they were working on it, or I needed the hot tub suite. I always left tips for the maids. I'd bring sweets to the office sometimes. (Kissing up is a good way to butter up.) I'd chat with the staff and never saw them as "Patels." The managers even helped me carry in some of my stuff occasionally. (Those of you who saw me there know I traveled with accoutrements to help create a more pleasant, less motel-like environment.) When they re-did some of the rooms with new carpet, paint, mattresses, curtains, bedding, new mini-fridge, a/c, and TV, they started with mine. There were a handful of times that I did have 3 people in the room, quite a few days when I was doing FBSM only and 3 or 4 fellows visited me, and they knew that. When I told them I was moving on, they offered me an incredible deal monthly to stay, but I wanted a full kitchen and a place with my own furnishings. (I love my new apartment. The patio is killer, and the fireplace, full bar, antique iron bed...blah, blah, blah.) The night clerks, and I think I know the one she's speaking of, were always polite and friendly to me and never gave me any attitude.

I relate all this just to state that my experience with them was ALWAYS positive. I'm sorry for the embarrassment and inconvenience Athena had to suffer. Something evidently happened to change the environment.

(I did get kicked out of a PI once near Hobby for having one gentleman visit me in the morning and another in the afternoon, and that was mortifying as the second gentleman was still there and had to leave. The management swore that they had never rented to me before, yet I had been there several times. I bet they had been busted recently. Notel motels for me NEVER again!)
Originally Posted by Fancyinheels
Oh, and I recently went back to that same PI that had kicked us out for having more than 2. When I gave him my license, he asked me if I was going to have more than 2 in a room again. They had flagged my license after the previous time and I guess they will ask me about it every time I go there now!
Yes that happens at all notels

Oh, and I recently went back to that same PI that had kicked us out for having more than 2. When I gave him my license, he asked me if I was going to have more than 2 in a room again. They had flagged my license after the previous time and I guess they will ask me about it every time I go there now! Originally Posted by sharkman29
#2 - Derogatory racial remarks are simply unacceptable, period. Disrespect another's ethnic background and you will most certainly regret it.

have you read ECCIE's guidelines? Originally Posted by urine trouble
By any chances, is your name Francis?

No............my name starts with a P.

Jr?
dot, not feather?
inbred, not outbred?
Are you french by chance? Have a fondness for sock puppet theater?

You will find the RTM button located in the lower left corner.