Boston or St. louis

Contrary to what everyone seems to be saying, I could make an argument that it was, in fact, the wrong call. (Does this surprise anyone?)

I could also make the argument that even if it was technically correct according to the letter of the rule, it was still a bad call under the circumstances.

But ultimately, even if it was the right call, as well as a proper call to make under the circumstances, then it's little more than another "tuck rule" fiasco. Meaning the rule itself sucks in the way it's written. Originally Posted by Doove
You going to make a point or just say what you could do and do nothing?
  • Doove
  • 10-28-2013, 02:19 PM
You going to make a point or just say what you could do and do nothing? Originally Posted by JohnnyCap
I know, bad form. But since my argument would require dissecting the wording of the rule, arguing lawyerly semantics, putting forth analogies on how the rule would be or has been used in similar, albeit non-identical situations, as well as analyzing very specific details of how the play played itself out...

Doesn't seem worth it.
I know, bad form. But since my argument would require dissecting the wording of the rule, arguing lawyerly semantics, putting forth analogies on how the rule would be or has been used in similar, albeit non-identical situations, as well as analyzing very specific details of how the play played itself out...

Doesn't seem worth it. Originally Posted by Doove
Bummer, you'd have found me attentive and willing to discuss. Without referring to anyone as an idiot in every post like the bozos do in the political thread.

But I can see it being a poor use of time without some beers and a good footrail.
The series could end tonight.

Meanwhile, FWIW, here is the national support for either team, according to the Wall Street Journal:

I'd prefer St. Louis, but this Boston team isn't as hateable as prior squads. A Halloween Game 7 sounds so good, let's have some good ball.
Anyone taken a look at the price of tickets on stubhub and other sites? standing room seats are about a grand and prices are now up to 20 grand for behind home plate. A HUGE Sox fan, went to many games this year...but come on, who pays these prices. That money would be much better spent on a lot of pussy!
Red Sox Win.
Red Sox Win!!
Red Sox WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fuck you John Sterling

2013 World Champions
Red Sox Win.
Red Sox Win!!
Red Sox WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fuck you John Sterling Originally Posted by Paulwantsya
Love it PWY
Love it PWY Originally Posted by Perryay
Heh hee......
Been busy watching WS.... and working....
BUT ..... I had a chance to go
Wait until you see what I caught!!!
Gonna take a coupla days to get it posted since I'll be busy celebrating.......
I guess it was the red sox year
Where's a bomb going to go off next April to provide a slogan like Boston Strong and motivate a city? Probably Philly or Dallas.