Coming to Dallas!!

Ill be in Dallas FW area mid-June for RW work, and looking to see what I can get into lol

I want to find a country bar with real cowboys!!

I might do a few massages when there--after I check out your market.

And I want some real GOOD BBQ!!

Any volunteers to be my tour guide? Originally Posted by chellachella
Southern Junction in Fate is a real nice country bar.
Fort Worth has far better BBQ than Dallas.

In order of greatness:
1. BBQ on the Brazos - small mom and pop shop in Cresson, TX. (Its a bit of a drive)
2. Angelo's - Its been there 50 years...
3. Railhead Smokehouse - The sides are fantastic.
4. Rudy's - Its a chain... but their sauce is fucking killer.
I enjoy the little mom and pop shops in Forest Hill (east Fort Worth) where they smoke the bbq for days and it falls off the bone and have the best homemade sauces!
I used to go to the Railhead regularly when I worked in FW. Always loved the energy to that place, in addition to the quality que. Great suggestion.

I might also suggest to the OP to research Modern Texas cuisine, which is now becoming a "thing". There are a lot of great choices in both Dallas and Fort Worth. The talk about the Stockyards brought Lonesome Dove to mind....
So are there real cowboys at these places?
The best barbecue in DFW is at Main Street BBQ in Euless, just off 183.

Only open on Friday, Sat., and Sunday.

BYOB or other drink. all they have is tea & water.

$12 per person - All you can eat.

Award winning ribs.

Cella, I will be glad to take you.
So are there real cowboys at these places? Originally Posted by chellachella
no. just hungry texan city dwellers. many of whom like to dress up as cowboys. but bbq? fuck yeah there is some great bbq here. i mean GREAT. i can recommend several places. and austin has had somewhat of a reputation of having somewhat better bbq...but that is way overstated, although you van get some of the best bbq ever in austin. and if you are gong to be in dallas anyway what does it matter? several mentioned before do rival austin bbq. but austin-ites will not admit it. but i almost recommend the great tacos more. some fantastic taquerias in this city. had dinner at one just a while ago.
Yes that is a great idea--Tacos!! I had the best about 4 years ago passing through El paso. Cant find that authentic flavor anywhere else.

Ill be there for about 3-4 days and would love to take you guys up on the offer to go hang out and eat. Mind you I am a country girl and have no problem using my fingers haha.

Im getting excited about this trip, I was dreading it because of work but I think its looking up!

Thanks so much and keep the info coming please
Don't listen to Juan. The bars in the Stockyards are fun.
Great Barbecue also in SMOKE ...
Near Downtown Dallas ... Oak Cliff @ I-30 area

Smoke
901 Fort Worth Ave, Dallas, TX 75208
http://goo.gl/maps/Hctxk

And some of the best true street Tacos you will find them at the Fuel City Gas Station, located by Trinity River in downtown Dallas ...

Fuel City
801 S Riverfront Blvd, Dallas, TX 75207
http://goo.gl/maps/LzgJG
So are there real cowboys at these places? Originally Posted by chellachella
You probably aren't going to find many real cowboys in the DFW metroplex. There are a lot of guys wearing costumes and they might look like cowboys, but they are just playing dress up. The bars in cowtown do have the atmosphere and they can be a great time, but thats about it.

The real cowboys live in the country and they aren't going to drive an hour or so in just to drink some beers.

If you catch Billy Bobs in FW on a night when they have got their little arena open and if they are riding bulls that night you will catch the bull riders in the club after it's over. And they will be chasing pussy. That is a guarantee. That's going to be your best bet. Find out what nights they are riding bulls.
Woohoo going right now to check out Billy Bobs online. Thank You!
Yes that is a great idea--Tacos!! I had the best about 4 years ago passing through El paso. Cant find that authentic flavor anywhere else.

Ill be there for about 3-4 days and would love to take you guys up on the offer to go hang out and eat. Mind you I am a country girl and have no problem using my fingers haha.

Im getting excited about this trip, I was dreading it because of work but I think its looking up!

Thanks so much and keep the info coming please Originally Posted by chellachella
Tacos in El Paso.... oh the memories.

L&J's, Santa Cecelia, Kiki's, or just good ole Chicos.
Eva did you make it to Country Tavern?
OMG ribs and sides! Guys the servers are all beautiful NE Texas ladies!
Fantasy Ranch SC is only 1/4 mile down hwy so sexy fun there also!
Enjoy NE Texas!
TNC
Originally Posted by Tonguenchick

I sure did...thanks for reminding me to mention.

To the OP, Tonguenchick knows what he's talking about!
I wouldn't recommend Fantasy Ranch SC ...
A search about it would be helpful ... IJS