Kentucky county clerk in contempt of court, in custody of KY Marshals

I don't commend her for it but it is certainly her right. She needs to step down from the position if her religious beliefs prevent her from doing the job that the taxpayers pay her to do. Just that simple.

I suspect that old hag is enjoying her 15 minutes. Originally Posted by timpage
I suspect she's not enjoying it at all.
Who's the next political prisoner? Photographers? Cake bakers? or just someone who expresses the opinion that gay marriage is a joke?
I____________do swear that I will well and truly discharge the duties of the office of _____ County Circuit Clerk according to the best of my skill and judgment.making the due entries and records of all orders,judgments,decrees, opinions ,and proceedings of the court and filing and preserving in my office all books and papers which come into my possession by virtue of my office and I will not knowingly or willfully commit any malfeasance of office and will faithfully execute the duties of my office without favors affections or partially so help me God. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
I do see a mention of God there and she is following what she believes are the fundamentals of her religion. I don't see anything there about Supreme Court decisions though. I interpret the word "court" to mean county or state court. Interesting that line about "....according to the best of my skill and JUDGMENT."

FYI, I prefer to write JUDGEMENT.
  • WTF
  • 09-03-2015, 04:51 PM
Who's the next political prisoner? Photographers? Cake bakers? or just someone who expresses the opinion that gay marriage is a joke? Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Political prisoner! You sound like Al Sharpton...

Next no mixed marriages, no licenses to Jews, muzzies, or fat people. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Now this was just a sad, stupid comment and beneath you.
this might be her way of lobbying for a job on Fox News or talk radio. Originally Posted by southtown4488
Or she just might be your girlfriend.
  • WTF
  • 09-03-2015, 05:21 PM
Why are some defending a woman who will not do the job she is paid to do?

Makes no sense...

Would you pay a hooker who decided it was aganist her religion to fuck you?
She was elected to the post and can't be reassigned or fired.
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Seems like she has been reassigned -- to the county jail.

Defiant Kentucky county clerk Kim Davis was held in contempt of court and sent to jail Thursday, insisting her “conscience” wouldn’t allow her to follow federal law and sign marriage licenses for same-sex couples.

U.S. District Judge David Bunning, noting that individual beliefs simply cannot be allowed to supersede the court’s authority, ordered her held behind bars until she agrees to do her job.

The other five deputy clerks told Bunning they will issue marriage licenses to gay couples even though Davis, their boss, objects.

I do see a mention of God there and she is following what she believes are the fundamentals of her religion. I don't see anything there about Supreme Court decisions though. I interpret the word "court" to mean county or state court. Interesting that line about "....according to the best of my skill and JUDGMENT."

FYI, I prefer to write JUDGEMENT. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
She swore before god to up hold her duties of the office she was elected to numnuts. You wingnuts will defend anything.
Now this was just a sad, stupid comment and beneath you. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Where do you think it would stop judy?

I don't think some idiots know what hypocritical means other than they don't like her attitude and think she has "perv" eyes.

I wonder what our fine libs would say if it was 1840 and she refused to return an escaped slave to his master because she didn't believe in slavery. Wait! That's right! Democrats believe in slavery and would probably want her hung for her crime of compassion and decency.

More from the left: OBEY the law unless you're crapping on American flags, climbing flag poles to cut down flags, oppressing fellow American in your IRS job and then take the fifth....then it's okay by them. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Besotted fucking idiot! What a rant!

This entire episode is ridiculous imho. The bitch should have stepped down when her beliefs got in the way of her upholding her oath of office. Instead, every knuckledragging hypocrite there and here are using her as yet another pawn in what should no longer be an issue. And the bitch is going along with it.

End of the day, the law is still the law. As an elected official, she should be happy she isn't being charged with a more serious crime. As is stands, she's basically agreed to be a suicide bomber in the idiot jihad...

Oh, and let JDrunk know the word is spelled JUDGMENT! (fraud...)
The woman is wrong. She is breaking the law.

It's really that simple.

I don't think some idiots know what hypocritical means other than they don't like her attitude and think she has "perv" eyes.

I wonder what our fine libs would say if it was 1840 and she refused to return an escaped slave to his master because she didn't believe in slavery. Wait! That's right! Democrats believe in slavery and would probably want her hung for her crime of compassion and decency.

More from the left: OBEY the law unless you're crapping on American flags, climbing flag poles to cut down flags, oppressing fellow American in your IRS job and then take the fifth....then it's okay by them. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
What if a Quaker clerk refused to give you a concealed carry permit because of his religion? (they're pacifists) Would that be ok with you? I know it wouldn't. So take your fucking bullshit slavery analogy and stick it up your ass. This isn't 1840 and this idiot would be the slave owner if anything.
The woman is wrong. She is breaking the law.

It's really that simple. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Exactly. Their religious freedom is not being encroached on. You cannot use your religion as a means to abstain from treating everyone equally. If your religion causes you to treat some people different from others, you need a different religion, because that one sucks. If you allow it, where does it end? So it's better that everyone plays by the same rules.

FYI, I prefer to write JUDGEMENT. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Her religious 'laws' do not supplant the law of the land which says gay marriage is legal based on the 14th amendment. SCOTUS is the highest court in the land. They have spoken.