Happy 40th Birthday Compact Disc and Player... Not Dead Yet

I learned how to drive stick on a old Plymouth with 3 on the tree, now that's old school......that van is cool, could be the love machine or in my terms, the fucking Van Originally Posted by BLM69
That van was hot with no AC. During the hot and humid Houston weather, the whole interior was like a hot oven. There are only 2 windows that open, front passenger and driver. No amount of driving around with both windows open ever cool the interior down. I took girls out on dates in that, we parked somewhere, get them down on the shag carpet and none ever complained. Girls nowadays will be saying I won't be caught dead in that piece of shit, don't you have a Ferrari or something?
At this point gentlemen......I hesitate to say I have a collection of 78s I inherited from my parents. Originally Posted by Bushjumper

What 78's are in the collection? Bob Wills? Kitty Wells? Gene Autry?

Don't you like how I immediately boxed them into a single genre? You might have Glen Miller and Paul Whiteman. Maybe Memphis Minnie and Bessie Smith.

I have exactly one Artist's 78 recordings, transferred to CD. Josephine Baker. The sound has crackles and pops, surface noise. She sings in a warbly soprano. But I admire her personal story, she's sexy as fuck, and topless on the CD insert.
What 78's are in the collection? Bob Wills? Kitty Wells? Gene Autry?

Don't you like how I immediately boxed them into a single genre? You might have Glen Miller and Paul Whiteman. Maybe Memphis Minnie and Bessie Smith.

I have exactly one Artist's 78 recordings, transferred to CD. Josephine Baker. The sound has crackles and pops, surface noise. She sings in a warbly soprano. But I admire her personal story, she's sexy as fuck, and topless on the CD insert. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
My brother is a massive collector of media, both audio and video. Made the mistake of helping him move ONCE! If he passes before me, i'd have to seriously find a auction house that specializes in records.

For me, I can think of only one 78 I have. A V disk.
Let you historians figure out what that is

Chung, you should see Siren of the Tropics. Ms Baker is definitely topless in that silent flix. Caught if on Silent Sundays on TCM.
Chung, you should see Siren of the Tropics. Ms Baker is definitely topless in that silent flix. Caught if on Silent Sundays on TCM. Originally Posted by Precious_b
I will check that out! I did a little research, that film was shot in 1927, same year as the recordings on my CD. Baker would have been 21, and brand new in France, sporting a killer body!

Speaking of killer-bodied French... I saw the Last Tango in Paris, for the first time last month. Brando's co-star is 19 (Maria Schneider), and I don't think I have seen a more perfect body.