Please welcome ynot_y to the Austin Moderating Staff

It's a trap!
Kudos!

Try to stay sane!
Congrats
Good luck man, congrats.

Sam
Congrats honey. Modding is thankless work TBH at least in my experience...

Just some notes to keep in mind from a former mod: (non-hobby board)

1) Stick your guns. For this board, don't let a woman buy your favor or a man bully you for "white knighting". Compromising yourself for pussy or popularity is the fastest way to get embroiled in petty BS.

2) Even if someone is a good friend hold them to same standards you hold others to. Conversely, do the same for the people you absolutely hate.

3) Warnings are wonderful things so don't neglect to use them. Even the worst offenders generally don't complain about receiving points after being warned to cease the offending actions.

4) Keeping a word file with a form letter thanking someone for contacting you and that you will look ASAP into the situation is great for responding quickly to PM's when you don't have much time. It shows that you have read the PM and will actively take care of it. Other posters do not like having their concerns ignored so waiting to respond that "It's been taken care of" a day later will make them stew in frustration for that day they don't hear from you.

5) Not entirely sure about this one since I'm not sure if this board has it, but if you need to vent about the mod duties or annoyances ONLY DO IT IN THE MOD ONLY FORUM. Your BFF hobby friend or ATF won't really understand the frustration you are feeling and might run their mouth on purpose or accidently. Discretion is VERY important.

Good luck you are going to do a great job!
Congrats Ynot. Wishing you best of luck.
SA darling thank you for all the wonderful tips....you gave me, i do appreciate it very much.
Everyone thank you so much for the support , i do appreciate
  • Loxly
  • 07-07-2016, 09:49 AM
"You're a better man than I am Gunga Din"

Best of luck to you. I know you'll do well.
Congrats Y to the MOD land and lots of pussy ... errr, I mean, well, pushy people ...

It's NOT a thankless job, but full of rewards ... errr, I mean, take no offense folks, retards ...

AND, I'll still give you, _Y, a run for our money once in a while, just to see who gets there faster, to the promised land, not the the MODland, you got that one won and having the rest of us at a clear disadvantage now

Thanks YNOT_Y
Yay! Congrats!!!
Congratulations and welcome!
Congrats bro!
1st thing you should do is get you a private server to keep all your emails on.
I hear you wont get in trouble for that anymore
"Y", my condolences. i'm not sure "congratulations" is the correct salutation. LOL
Welcome aboard, don't let the bastards get you down.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.