Fellas, how much of you "hobby" activity is local vs. on the road?

Depends on how you define "on the road." I've got two homes I own and one I rent. All on the road if your talking about my primary residence. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
what about us homeless dudes?
Mine is almost always in my home city. On the road, I find myself entertaining clients till late in the evenings and my days are consumed with meetings and work.
I would have to say 90% on the road meaning Europe and Asia. When I am in my hometown, I usually tend to check the Weekend Lineup and maybe catch a visiting provider when in town. It is extrordinarily difficult for me to book in advance a hometown lady due to my probability of having to fly somewhere at short notice.
All road for me.

Not an issue with the wife. Mrs. Mazo knows, approves, and will join in when she finds a provider that appeals to her. (Alas, she's very picky so not too much extra fun for me.) Originally Posted by Mazomaniac
That's amazing! I hope I'm in a marriage like that some day.
Generally a little of home turf and the road. Home turf is 20-30 minutes. The road gets me up near Boston about once a month from about April to October, then I hibernate on the travel. To see a sugar baby 45 to an hour seems to be my max. A few times I've driven an hour and a half and I wasn't comfortable with being out of home turf (what if I get in an accident? Tough to explain. And yes I have been in an accident on the way to a rendezvous. Boy that sucked, a slightly bent car AND blue balls. ). All apply to keeping Mrs. SRO in the dark about my activities.

I'll define "local" as within an hour's drive (+/-) of your home.
Why? Why not?
Time/Availability? (e.g. wifey makes it hard to do locally)
Selection? (not a lot to choose from where I live)
Economics? (pricing is more/less favorable where I live)
Discretion? (I'm the high school principal and as much as I fantasize about it I realize it isn't a good idea to sleep with my former students, etc.)
Market knowledge? (I know my local scene, why mess with a good thing and get ripped off somewhere else) Originally Posted by atlcomedy
It's 50/50 local to road. It might be less road now that I'm bringing my lil monster(see avatar) with me.
Never thought about it but probably 75% road/ 25% home. Typically too busy at home or trying to run down a FWB.
100% local.
That's economic stimulus!
I tend to stick to my own backyard. Lots to choose from.
Mostly home, as my work doesn't involve much "unsupervised" travel.
Mostly home, as my work doesn't involve much "unsupervised" travel. Originally Posted by Gryphon
Yeah, just being in the same hotel with colleagues presents the potential for disaster.

Sometimes not even P4P or "your" colleagues technically speaking, just awkward.

Depending on your circumstances I'm sure many of you have visited another division within your co., visited a vendor or customer's home offices, etc. and their offices are kind of out of city center and there is one or two business class hotels around. Your contact says, "we always stay at xyz." (maybe even offers a code or something for the preferred rate)

I've learned to be real careful in those places and keeping a low profile, even if it means just ordering room service. You need to act like every other guest you may run into will be sitting across from you at a conference table the next morning. It is amazing how much trouble one can get themselves into making relatively harmless small talk with the tall leggy woman down in the lounge....
All road for me.

Not an issue with the wife. Mrs. Mazo knows, approves, and will join in when she finds a provider that appeals to her. (Alas, she's very picky so not too much extra fun for me.)

My problem is the locals. Very thin selection. Most are a little less stable than I'm willing to risk. For some reason the local scene is a lot like a high school drama class.

These days it's the regulars on the road and highly-recommended, well-established touring girls for me.

Cheers,
Mazo. Originally Posted by Mazomaniac
I'm late to the party, but Meow - I want one like you lol.

Like Carrie said, from a lady’s perspective, when I’m home in Houston, I see mostly gentlemen that are traveling. When I travel the majority of the gentlemen I see then are men that are local to the city I’ve traveled to. The exception is when I travel with someone, and then we’re on vacation!
Yeah, just being in the same hotel with colleagues presents the potential for disaster. Originally Posted by atlcomedy
Amen, I once had to cancel on a lady here because I discovered the guy I was meeting with the next day was in the next room. She was very understanding and I do need to see her again soon.
To quote Elmer Fudd, you could have told her: "We have to be vewy, vewy, quiet." And then hit sexual nirvana.