Safety with 411 clients

A UTR friend is interested in joining 411, but is getting cold feet about personal safety.

I told her I had never heard of a 411 client doing any kind of bodily harm, robbery, rape etc

ECCIE is pretty much the only information site I use so just wanted to poll y'all about this - there aren't too many providers on the site these days, but I'd like to hear from providers about this.

Thanks in advance

MT Originally Posted by mtabsw
My personal rule is that a P411 member must have at least 5 recent okays ... old ones raise a red flag, but do not disqualify him from other screening processes. Also, being a member of that site mostly ( not all ) indicates that the gentleman is concerned about his safety exposure as much as I am, and that means he is more savvy than the average newbie who doesn't grasp safety protocols.
  • R.M.
  • 02-27-2024, 02:33 PM
Heh

Well, I just looked and it all changed with the recent upgrade.

I think you:

- Click the "Add Non-P411 Companion" button.
- Put in her information. Key will be that she has an active email address.
- Now save that.
- I think she'll now appear in your favorites and that's where you'll find her.
- From there you send an invitation to view your profile.
- An email will be sent to her to click and view your profile.
- Once she views it, you can click a button to "vouch" for her.

I believe she needs two vouches and she's in...after she provides additional info.

It does look different now with the upgrade. I was going to test it myself, but I've got no one to vouch for right now.

To be sure, simply send a message to P411 admins asking them how to do it...

A'Man Originally Posted by anandaman

BTW - This same approach can be used for a lady not on P411 to view your profile for screening purposes... you just skip the last step where you vouch them.

Many ladies (and gents) don't realize that a lady does not need to be on P411 to be able to screen you by viewing your P411 profile... No one else could send the link to view your profile using this approach other than yourself as a P411 member...

IMO - This approach should be used by the ladies more often... it would help them to screen a guy more quickly and easy.

A'Man Originally Posted by anandaman
P411 does not make that voucher process easy to find. Thanks for posting it here…I think I may have messed it up a few weeks ago trying to vouch for a lady and am following up to make sure it didn’t fall through the cracks. Apparently there is a short deadline on completing that final “Vouch” step that will cause it to get removed from the queue is you don’t respond in time.
Gayle, there are times after way more than two decades on the boards that I take a long term break because of my career and no way I would ever have five recent P4 okays, even though nothing has changed nor has my handle changed, nor have I changed. Not everyone is a red flag from taking long long breaks with careers and families. That said, I am all about the safety for both of us.