FWIW

There must be more to this story than meets the eye. Seemed like a pretty innocuous comment to me. Originally Posted by Rudyard K
Seems that way. atlcomedy has been in a snit lately.
Seems that way. atlcomedy has been in a snit lately. Originally Posted by discreetgent
Didn't he read the rule? No snitting on the Board.
True, I lost a couple pounds, and at a recent social event Ansley and Nicole Preston both failed to recognize me. Unfortunately, I fear that was due more to my being generally un-memorable than to diet and exercise. Originally Posted by foX
Ouch.
True, I lost a couple pounds, and at a recent social event Ansley and Nicole Preston both failed to recognize me. Unfortunately, I fear that was due more to my being generally un-memorable than to diet and exercise. Originally Posted by foX
Now foX that just isn't true. I've been back for the banana pancakes several times.
There must be more to this story than meets the eye. Seemed like a pretty innocuous comment to me. Originally Posted by Rudyard K
Just a question...

I'll share an observation...from the bleacher seats it appears to me a number of good, interesting people are being run off here (or are choosing to leave)...

(of course offered with all due civility)
Thank you

Well your customer service has been lacking from my standpoint.

I say that with all due civility. Originally Posted by WTF
I'd like to know where John's been lacking.
I'd like to know where John's been lacking. Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
As long as the Forum runs well with a minimum of uncivility and the members abide by Eccie rules, I'm happy and I think the majority of members are also happy with that.
Great board...Do you think we can find some good Moderators?
  • MrGiz
  • 02-09-2010, 10:58 PM
As long as we all need that one more spot to bloviate.... Diamonds and Tuxedos will be quite healthy!

Giz
  • WTF
  • 02-10-2010, 12:06 AM
Sounds like a testimonial to me.
Thank you Originally Posted by John Bull
LOL...I do have a sense of humor!
  • irena
  • 02-10-2010, 04:59 AM
Seems that way. atlcomedy has been in a snit lately. Originally Posted by discreetgent
ESTELLE: It's her fault; she started. I didn't ask anything of her and she came and offered me her--her glass.

INEZ: So you say. But all the time you were making up to him, trying every trick to catch his attention.

ESTELLE: Well, why shouldn't I?

GARCIN: You're crazy, both of you. Don't you see where this is leading us? For pity's sake, keep your mouths shut. [Pause.] Now let's all sit down again quite quietly; we'll look at the floor and each must try to forget the others are there.

(S. Gilbert transl. of Satre's Huis Clos -- popular in academia. On stage in good theaters the F. Hauser translations is more usual. And if WTF were Chloe B. or Elle he could even understand the original. Little details matter -- sometimes.)
  • WTF
  • 02-10-2010, 08:09 AM
ESTELLE: It's her

And if WTF were Chloe B. or Elle he could even understand the original. Little details matter -- sometimes.) Originally Posted by irena
Now irena...it has been decided. Nothing but nice things to say to each other.

Please refrain from being mean to me or I will report you to our esteemed moderators. Bull something or nother and I think the or is sly like a Fox. I am to lazy to look up their handles but rest assured they do not want to bring past squabbles into this hallowed forum.

ESTELLE: It's her fault; she started. I didn't ask anything of her and she came and offered me her--her glass.

INEZ: So you say. But all the time you were making up to him, trying every trick to catch his attention.

ESTELLE: Well, why shouldn't I?

GARCIN: You're crazy, both of you. Don't you see where this is leading us? For pity's sake, keep your mouths shut. [Pause.] Now let's all sit down again quite quietly; we'll look at the floor and each must try to forget the others are there.

Originally Posted by irena
LOL...you nailed it! Point taken. Let's hope the other half of the equation has a clue. Though I think we all know the answer to that wish.
  • WTF
  • 02-10-2010, 09:59 AM
How about open discussion, espousing divergent views & when someone writes something that is incorrect as a point in fact calling them out on it and holding them accountable? Those are things I very much appreciate. Do you appreciate those things too, John? Originally Posted by atlcomedy
Here's my favorite customer service scene!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrpx4NAtsFQ"]YouTube- You'll Get Nothing and Like It[/ame]

RK...some have not had that so called great committment to CS!

It's all good though. I've just gotten back from Electroshock therapy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69viRwxgFZE&feature=re lated"]YouTube- institution[/ame]
We're not happy until you're not happy.