Jewish Literacy as the Road to Riches: The Chosen Path of the 'Chosen Few'

Literacy rates among the Jews 2000 years ago were low, less than 10%. Many of the scribes were functionally illiterate and copied without understanding.

http://www.evidenceforchristianity.o...me-of-jesus-r/ Originally Posted by lostincypress
2000 years ago? I would venture a guess that less than 10% of the entire human race was literate.

The Jews think they are important because they believe God told them they were. Every religion shares the same thought.

3000 or so years ago, The Lord told them to leave Egypt, and go into the "Promised Land", and in laymans terms, take it over.

We even sing catchy little songs about it, "Joshua fit the battle of Jerhico". Well, read in the Bible about that little episode.
► 2:45► 2:45
www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgfWmA97nvM
Nov 26, 2011 - Uploaded by HastingsCollege
Men's Choir performs for Autumn Vespers 2011. Pianists are Jeremy Murman and Mario ...

I always wondered what the people who were already there, such as the good citizens of Jerhico, thought of that, since the Jews were ordered by their "god" to kill every last living thing.

Today we call that genocide.

Men have been conquering and murdering in the name of religion ever since time began. The Jews, Muslims, Christians, or any other attempt to creat God in your own image, has no monopoly on that.
2000 years ago? I would venture a guess that less than 10% of the entire human race was literate.

The Jews think they are important because they believe God told them they were. Every religion shares the same thought.

3000 or so years ago, The Lord told them to leave Egypt, and go into the "Promised Land", and in laymans terms, take it over.

We even sing catchy little songs about it, "Joshua fit the battle of Jerhico". Well, read in the Bible about that little episode.
► 2:45► 2:45
www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgfWmA97nvM
Nov 26, 2011 - Uploaded by HastingsCollege
Men's Choir performs for Autumn Vespers 2011. Pianists are Jeremy Murman and Mario ...

I always wondered what the people who were already there, such as the good citizens of Jerhico, thought of that, since the Jews were ordered by their "god" to kill every last living thing.

Today we call that genocide.

Men have been conquering and murdering in the name of religion ever since time began. The Jews, Muslims, Christians, or any other attempt to creat God in your own image, has no monopoly on that. Originally Posted by Jackie S
If they were "good" citizens of Jericho, maybe God wouldn't have wanted them to get their ass kicked out, would He?
fuck you, narcissist.

GO AWAY! You bring nothing relevant to this conversation.

Please, continue to shame me and the other Jewish members of ECCIE. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
If it means that much to you, I'll go right now, forever, if you will. Otherwise, you just have to wait until October, and I'll keep posting whatever the fuck I feel like posting. It is a free country, is it not?
So many today ignore the influence Protestantism had on literacy. Protestantism's requirement that all believers be able to read and interpret the Bible for themselves -- with no priests acting as intermediaries -- is what gave rise to greater literacy in England, Germany and the Netherlands, and then, of course, in their (English and Dutch) respect New World colonies.
If it means that much to you, I'll go right now, forever, if you will. Otherwise, you just have to wait until October, and I'll keep posting whatever the fuck I feel like posting. It is a free country, is it not? Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
Not according to narrow minded xenophobic fartknockers like you.
If it means that much to you, I'll go right now, forever, if you will. Otherwise, you just have to wait until October, and I'll keep posting whatever the fuck I feel like posting. It is a free country, is it not? Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
You're not going anywhere. You're as full of shit about moving to Israel as you are about everything else. Waste our time in another way shitbird.
JL, are you suggesting that Asian people are Jewish?

If Timmie can bring up the point of Jewishness everytime then I can introduce the asian question.

A history of education is very important to the success of a family line. So is the concept of work, any work. Too many kids today think that if they go to college and get decent grades in a field that is respected (law, medicine, engineering, etc.) that they guaranteed success and are 90% there. Tell that to an athlete student (FYI, I am not a huge fan of college athletics). They may have the skills but they had better work their ass off to get to the top. Too bad that so many think that athletics and demigod status are all there is.
JL, are you suggesting that Asian people are Jewish?

If Timmie can bring up the point of Jewishness everytime then I can introduce the asian question.

A history of education is very important to the success of a family line. So is the concept of work, any work. Too many kids today think that if they go to college and get decent grades in a field that is respected (law, medicine, engineering, etc.) that they guaranteed success and are 90% there. Tell that to an athlete student (FYI, I am not a huge fan of college athletics). They may have the skills but they had better work their ass off to get to the top. Too bad that so many think that athletics and demigod status are all there is. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Well, I definitely respect the Asians and all their hard work, but they certainly aren't creative enough to hang with my people, who regularly win at least a third of all Nobel Prizes in science, medicine, etc. (while only representing less than 1% of the world population), for advancing the science, not making a slightly better copy. (But, fuck, Lexus is a dependable car!)
I don't think too much of college athletics, either, but my people aren't as dominant there, lol!
Hard work is a huge part of success, anyone who doesn't work at least 60 hours per week in their field doesn't qualify.
Not according to narrow minded xenophobic fartknockers like you. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
What is a fartknocker? I assume you aim to stick around?

I don't think too much of college athletics, either, but my people aren't as dominant there, lol!
Hard work is a huge part of success, anyone who doesn't work at least 60 hours per week in their field doesn't qualify. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
my kids went to JJ Pierce HS in Richardson, lot of the parents were engineers and lots Jewish folks, the athletic programs were not that good
Great stereotype Muskogee.

I bet the fucking math club was lights out.

what a worthless moron you are!

BTW guys, I think JL is neither Jewish nor a lawyer. He's Marshall.

I do not share his homophobia, xenophobia and racism. Most Jewish people I know do not.

He's an embarrassment and, like Ive said, a 100% fraud.

Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
yea, they did win several academic contest but at least I did not win the
as a hard core rightwinger, cuts for funding education falls dead square along party lines ...

educate the people ..

USA ... never
Israel ... always

is that about the size of the political meaning in your post?

get the fuck out of this country and stfu. Originally Posted by CJ7
BULLSHIT! Liberals always cry about not enough money is being spent on education. The real problem is that parents don't give a shit about education. Parents would rather let their little fucking brats play with their x-box or fuck around on the internet, instead of focusing on their homework. No amount of money will change that.

Cuba spends more than 3 times of it's GDP on education. Do you think Cubans in general are better educated that the US? The Netherlands spends a little less than the US and their education is excellent.

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/ed...pending-of-gdp

Japanese spend about 1/2 as per per child than the US. Yet their education is superior.

Wanna try to throw out more BULLSHIT?
BULLSHIT! Liberals always cry about not enough money is being spent on education. The real problem is that parents don't give a shit about education. Parents would rather let their little fucking brats play with their x-box or fuck around on the internet, instead of focusing on their homework. No amount of money will change that.

Cuba spends more than 3 times of it's GDP on education. Do you think Cubans in general are better educated that the US? The Netherlands spends a little less than the US and their education is excellent.

Japanese spend about 1/2 as per per child than the US. Yet their education is superior.

Wanna try to throw out more BULLSHIT? Originally Posted by satexasguy
Well...I'd guess that the average Cuban might indeed be better educated, just because it's hard for me to imagine anyone being worse educated than the average American. Your general point is a great one, though, except for the one nasty little fact that no one in the debate ever wants to face: the homework you are talking about would need to be assigned by someone who held a real degree (instead of majoring in Education), and who didn't spend most of the class time bitching about how little money he/she was making at his/her nine month a year, six hour a day job. I always look forward to news that our wonderful educators in this country have taken to the picket lines: can't wait to read all of the signs on which the word "unfair" is misspelled.
Great stereotype Muskogee.

BTW guys, I think JL is neither Jewish nor a lawyer. He's Marshall.

I do not share his homophobia, xenophobia and racism. Most Jewish people I know do not.

He's an embarrassment and, like Ive said, a 100% fraud. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
There have been several guys come and go who you also said were Marshall, they got banned, and I'm still here. Care to explain that, you lame ass?
If I'm not Jewish, explain how it is I give more a year to the Holocaust museums around the country than you even make in a year!
You are the most hated member of this board, Dipshit!!