Has anyone tried acupuncture?

The effects of accupunture depend on the practitioner and the patient. Not all patients respond well to it. Some do not see any improvement at all.

So, you really don't know until you've tried it a couple of times.
I was skeptical the first time I had it done, but the next day I felt so much better. I generally will get a few treatments if my migrains start coming back frequently. Go somewhere that has great reviews. Like others have said, everyone responds differently. Give it a shot. Pun intended.
wrt needle's breaking off and their length...

i've been to four diff acupuncturists over the years (forearm, ear lobe, ankle, lower & mid back and neck & shoulders) - never had one break (tho one did "pop" out from a muscle). it's prolly very very rare.

i've attached a pic showing my upper back (the red circles are from cupping - stimulates blood circulation). the needle has two sections - the upper ridged part and the actual needle. they dont go in very far, maybe 1/4-1/2". my acupuncturist uses a little gadget to insert them, them uses his fingers to position them. if the acupuncturist is really good, the sensation is literally a pin prick.

often, they will attach leads to them that are connected to an electrical stimulator (kinda like a T.E.N.S. unit). localized tingling, nothing too intense.

i went for severe tightness in my neck and spasms on my right shoulder. three treatments ($85/hr) and three deep tissue massage sessions (groupon specials) loosened me up.

good luck!
I would sooooo love to try acupuncture!!
I would sooooo love to try acupuncture!! Originally Posted by Brandee69
for health/therapeutic reasons?
or for intimate delites reasons?

if the former, just search for "acupunturist near <insertYourZipCodeHere>"

if the latter, unless i knew her well and knew she was a licensed acupunturist, i would never let a provider puncture my skin !!

and def not anything like the needles that bdsm/fetish folks use.
for health/therapeutic reasons?
or for intimate delites reasons?

if the former, just search for "acupunturist near <insertYourZipCodeHere>"

if the latter, unless i knew her well and knew she was a licensed acupunturist, i would never let a provider puncture my skin !!

and def not anything like the needles that bdsm/fetish folks use. Originally Posted by pmdelites
Therapeutic reasons....Piriformis syndrome... the muscle that lays over your sciatic nerve...gives me problems no stop....Maybe i shouldn't be on my back so much!! LOL
Yes & it works
How deep do the needles go.
I have several operations with local and the affter affects of the needles can last for months Originally Posted by Meatman69
You can't even feel the needles the lady had then in my head face arms legs I didn't feel them but I felt like a brand new person after
Not deep at all . can't feel them going in
they are thin in with .. I go for my arm when I get Tendinitis and it helped so much, so far been a year and my arm has not hurt at all ,I go once a month now just for wellness .
How deep do the needles go.
I have several operations with local and the affter affects of the needles can last for months Originally Posted by Meatman69
Works for me. Fly to SD for mine. Only ones that hurt on any level is when she does the bottom of my feet
  • MojoR
  • 11-21-2018, 06:54 AM
I've had acupuncture treatments on and off for the last 20 years. For muscle issues, like knots, stiffness etc. it has always worked for me. I've never had a needle break or pop out or any other horror story. I would strongly encourage you to find someone who is certified/licensed. You want to ensure that they are using sterile needles etc.

I've also had chiropractic care over the years and its also been a huge help. The ones I've seen here in Texas are fairly gentle in their adjustments, unlike my Dr back in Europe. I'd suggest that you start with a good therapeutic massage. I use a service called Sooth. Its app based look Uber, but for a massage. Its great and they come to your home. Try deep tissue and sports. One session won't be enough - so plan on a couple months of sessions.