should hobbyist have to pay

No, he does not "have" to do anything but if she went pay for a room just to see him, a gentleman would very well give her that much to cover it. Guys pull this bs all the time, so I simply don't book again with anyone who can't at least give me 100 bucks that would be deducted from the date when it happens....and, it always happens when they have money invested.
SL TOP TEN REASONS FOR NO SHOW NO CALL (NSNC)

1) Death
2) Kidnapping
3) Heart failure, Organ Failure
4) Announcement of Lotto Numbers and YOU won
5) ATF Provider you knew showed up at your office with your child
6) Finding out provider was related to you
7) Call from Doctor, it turns out it is terminal
8) Your SO is on TV with her attorney with pictures of you hobbying
9) Your SO calls you and informs you your ATF is here, she thought it was an in call (Screening worked great!)
10) Correct provider gender information was revealed, not funny!

All but number 1, still require a call later, email or PM with an apology and the opportunity to make things right!
I revived a call while on my way to meet her from my babysitter to please come get my 5 yr old daughter because her father is having a heart attack and on his way to the hospital im a single parent. Their was no one else to pick her up when I let the provider know at last minute she said she took a shower got dressed and feels like I should pay her half herdonation rate to rescheduled for her inconvenience
If she takes the money OFF the future date, what's the difference? If you plan to book with her, you would be paying the rate regardless. This assures this time, you will show up. I would not give half, but whatever she spent for the room...if she even got one.
I wouldn't mind that at all this would have been our first meeting
if she would have said that I would have found away to get it to het but to demand it.
my 5 yr old daughter comes first.
As do our kids, but guess what...I still make that up when I have to cancel. Now, it's pretty much pointless because she has offended you, so tell her to fk off and have a nice life. I am sure that's what she is thinking as well after seeing this thread vs. a pm.
She already had the room and seeing clients she was upset because I was three blocks from her when I turned around and went to get my kid
I'm sorry if I have a medical emergency i'm probably not thinking about my session at the time. I will contact her later after the emergency is over. If she is understanding at all she would be ok if she doesn't understand and wants compensation then I guess there is not a future for the two of us. I have never ncns before but with the above reason I'm not feeling guilty about it
No I did contact her in good faith
Reading the responses I don't feel guilty anymore y'all help me alot I know I did the right thing the right. THANK Y'ALL VERY MUCH
I was in a car wreck and still kept a freaking appt. I was not hurt, but very pissed off because the car was only 3 weeks old, yet I took the time to phone my client while waiting for the cops to arrive and let him know I would still be making it. Had I cancelled, he would have gotten a discount in the future I can assure you.

Yes, things happen but that's why so many women require deposits now. If you were going to spend 400 and you give her a bill, you just saved your azz 300! If a guy is that cheap and inconsiderate he can't fork up 100 bucks, I doubt he would be seeing me anyway. I had an attorney drop 200 off for having to go to court. Was it his fault? No it was his job, but he was a fkin MAN!
Did you demand or ask him to do that for you bet you didn't?
that's the difference. She demanded the money and amount and still wanted full pay pluses so what was 300 she wanted 450. Would you have done that?
I didn't even have to ask....
And btw how can you compare a car wreck with a five year old child that depends on you.
I only cancled one time with a true lady and yes I did try my best to give her compassion and she did not take it. The next appointment went as plained no problems. I don't make a habitat of no showing