Frederic Charles Smerlas

• Doove
  • 04-14-2010, 03:06 PM
I not sure about right wing radical but he believes in GOD,FAMLIY and COUNTRY. I for one will help with my dollars. Originally Posted by wantmore1111
You forgot guns, wars, and tax cuts.
And he's probably a firm supporter of Hobbying...Swinging...Strip Clubs and sex work in general...right? Now I realize that neither party would be likely to publicly advocate for sex workers...but I have to wonder which party is more likely to attempt to score easy voter points by going after them...? In terms of the likelihood to attempt to impose their social, religious, and moral sensibilities on everyone through the force of law, I'd have to give the nod to the GOP.

If you look at it literally, you'd have to dig pretty deep (without much hope , I suspect, of success) to find a member of Congress who doesn't believe in God in some fashion (Yaweh, Allah, Jehovah, I Am, Christ...etc) ...or who doesn't acknowledge that families exist as a social and legal construct, or even that they are part of the government of a nation-state, AKA a country. On the other hand, if GOD, FAMILY, and COUNTRY is code for a specific set of beliefs with distinct tenets that separates itself from and in many cases is in opposition to differing sets of beliefs...it'd be super-handy if they could be spelled out.

I'm trying to avoid being snarky here, but aren't the G, F and C folks the ones who would vigorously condemn the whole lot of us, much less expend no little effort to shut down and otherwise wipe all this off the face of the Earth?

What I do know the 28th district is a bit of a joke fairport to kenmore. She could not win Greece. She did not want to move. So when they changed the the 28th so in Greece it is only one street wide. I was in her district till the change. Now I like you guys in buffalo but thin strip Fairport to kenmore. And they want to delete the 29th next year. Ya the one Eric Massa ran from. I think the districts need major redo.

Jack I will try to keep it nice.
NY is about to loose 2 seats more then likely! all bets are on it will be the 28'th and 29'th
Could be a moot point who wins that district. I would not be surprised if upstate lost two congressional seats based off of the 2010 census.

What I do know the 28th district is a bit of a joke fairport to kenmore Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
New York Congressional District 28 may be a "stretch", but for a more dramatic example of gerrymandering, take a look at Illinois Congressional District 4. It is composed of two totally separated regions - joined together only by Interstate 294.
You got me jack. There are homes on that one street in greece Only one side of the street. But still someone in greece gets to vote in the 28th. I am sure no one has a home on 294 in Illinois.

Reason for homes only on one side. Greece has many ponds. homes on lake side. Road runs next to ponds. Not much room for more. 28th also has the ponds in it. Not the shore just the ponds. So her and the DEC agree on one thing. You can not build on the water.
So, who knew there was a 2nd page to this discussion? Sorry about that nascar
Syracuse(to lazy to look up county) looks to be all in the 25th.
Rochester(monroe cty)28th,26th(one I'm in now),29th and 25th.
Buffalo(erie cty) & Niagara 26th,27th and 28th.

Is Syracuse better off with one Congressional District, Or Rochester & Buffalo area with many?

I ask, thinking nascar88888 and armortib are right. WNY will lose 1 seat, and may lose 2 after the 2010 census.
i think he might win if he went up against slaughter. I hope he decides to run
Fred would be better off running against Higgins. Higgins seat was held by a republican for years and with the make up of Slaughters district dems out number republicans in that district. The Falls Bflo and Rochester are are locked in as Dems, Maybe thats why those cities are in the shape their in.