Clueless About This World

I'm so glad I grew up with Leave to Beaver......the true reality show. I can always vision mom cooking breakfast in a nice dress with pearls on. I wonder if Ward ever got some beaver?? Originally Posted by python54
Plus one
At the very least...twice. LOL.
I saw the trailer for this and groaned. I thought the movie was OK, but maybe too dry? I should give it another try. My all time favorite sex worker in a movie is Joe Gillis from Sunset Boulevard and Norma Desmond makes such a great John! They are both so powerful and at odds, if only I can write characters that good...

I'm trying to think of a modern movie character that resonated with me that well... but here are some other greats off the top of my head:

Dallas - Stagecoach
Jill McBain - Once Upon a Time In the West
Gloria - Lost Weekend
Buck - Midnight Cowboy
Sera - Leaving Las Vegas
And of course Vivian Ward from Pretty Woman
I watched about 5 minutes of "Girlfriend Experience" and turned it off. What a load of crap!
Check the Australian TV series "Satisfaction" (not to be confused with the American series of the same name). It is about a legal bordello in Australia and is actually fairly decent (the hoby is legal in Australia as in most of the civilized world).
"Secret Diary of a Call Girl" is an entertaining British comedy series based (very loosely) on the actual experiences of Dr. Brooke Magnanti who worked as a call girl in London in 2003-04 to support herself while finishing her PhD in Forensic Pathology. She wrote an award winning blog about here experiences that was later turned into a book. She later "came out" and has written extensively on women's sexual issues.
Boring GFE movie. PAID fantasies on all levels......