What's up with the new 6 min posting rule?

I used to like to comment on reviews to thank the guy for writing, but also give the ladies recognition for inspiring a good review. Was part of the hobby experience. But yeah, I read and move on now. And as of last couple months, really haven't been reading anything but provider ads to see who is in town. Originally Posted by RogueOne
That is because you are a true gentleman...you can recognize great fun when you read it. But reading and going on is fine too...
Well, I also recognize when ladies provide a good time for inspiring a well written review. It's well deserving for the ladies and gents. It's also worth noting as I can track my comments to see which girls I was interested in. I'll need a new system lol. Thanks for the compliment Alana. I do believe I've even commented on a couple of your reviews as well.
Is it just me or was that a sexy way to say exactly what I was thinking...way to go Originally Posted by Alana kay
Cool, I like finding sexy ways to talk technical. I actually run vBulletin on a couple of other sites so I am familiar with the configuration options, and reasoning behind them.

• Mokoa
  • 10-08-2017, 10:18 PM
Here is what was recently disclosed from upper management.

The site maintenance and the post delay are 2 different issues but started at the same time so were packaged together.

Site maintenance is done.
Post delay will continue, with refinements in the near future.

From what I was told, there’s only about 6 or 7 forums across the board where the post spamming has gotten out of control. Code is being written so the delay will only affect those specific forums. In addition, user-specific post delays, daily and weekly post limits will soon be in place.

If you are a “normal user” whatever that is determined to be, none of this will affect you at all. If you have been flooding forums with your posts to increase your post count or whatever other reason you may have, then you will end up on lockdown, but you will still probably be able to make 1 or 2 posts a day in a given forum.
Thanks, Mod in Black. If they are in fact able to make those types of adjustments they will be useful additions to the toolbox. It will increase the management effort required for a while but it should settle down.
I typically login stiff around checking ads for possibilities. Then check / read threads and make comments. Move on with day.

So delay is affecting my preferred pattern. Lol will probably keep me from commenting when I shouldn't.

Thanks Mokoa for that info. We all know about the members that take over threads. So good move for eccie.

Sam
Here is my work-around, not perfect but nonetheless it works if you can exert the effort and discipline to spend a few extra moments.

Create an off-site "notebook" such as a a draft email or a Word or Notebook document.

When the time-out barrier erupts, copy and save whatever you have just written (cut and paste) with a single click or two. Additionally, go to the browser address window and copy and paste that address into the saved document so you know where to post your comment.

Above not exactly the best thing since sliced bread, but additionally it gives individuals the opportunity to re-consider what they planned to post.
Yeah, didn't think it would effect me, but ran into it today. Six minutes is way too long. Hell, one minute is too long. So, one new young lady got a welcome, and the other did not. I might spend an hour on here a week. Not going to string it out due to system configuration.
Thank you for the response Mokoa. Very good information.
  • Mokoa
  • 10-09-2017, 08:07 PM
Thanks, Mod in Black. If they are in fact able to make those types of adjustments they will be useful additions to the toolbox. It will increase the management effort required for a while but it should settle down. Originally Posted by Rover14
Yep, my thoughts as well.

Thank you for the response Mokoa. Very good information. Originally Posted by RogueOne
You are welcome.
Damn I guess I am gonna have to be more selective as to where I post now,....I do so much posting cause it is fun and sorta like my hobby...I have no job and no kids at home so unless I am playing at the time,I get on here just to interact in the different sections.....Yall know I may be the top poster but am the least drama gal here.....this is just an outlet for me to pass my down time.
Guess I will have to find some other things tro occupy my down time..lol
Everyone will get sick of it... stop posting... Then advertisers will say fuck Eccie that's a waste of money.
Gotta love stupid fucking ideas!

It's about as stupid as whore rants in Coed. lol
Everyone will get sick of it... stop posting... Then advertisers will say fuck Eccie that's a waste of money.
Gotta love stupid fucking ideas!

It's about as stupid as whore rants in Coed. lol Originally Posted by rockerrick
The whole rub for these types of sites is the free content created by the contributors. Anything that stifles that dynamic will ultimately be counterproductive. Someone is definitely overthinking this shit. It's like using a sledgehammer to swat a fly.

Peace, Love, and #BHILF

JS
The whole rub for these types of sites is the free content created by the contributors. Anything that stifles that dynamic will ultimately be counterproductive. Someone is definitely overthinking this shit. It's like using a sledgehammer to swat a fly.

Peace, Love, and #BHILF

JS Originally Posted by Jefferson Starfish
Copy that JS. will be interested in seeing how long the new rule lasts.
My take on this, it only effects a handful of people, a few live on this damn site.. Really... Anything around 20,000 + posts.. Get a life away from this board.