What do you know about the new Speaker of the House?

Gotta love bitchute. Doubly got to love Wardo Rants. Wonder what this has to do with the new Speaker of the House.

You’ll excuse me if I reply with a whole hearted snick.

Figured we’d get to the promotion of propaganda before too long. Maybe get back on topic, Lev

SNICK!
Basically yes. America doesn't need to fund Israel's genocide of the Palestinians.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/sPRW6FpnQZRM/ Originally Posted by Levianon17
they started it. tunnels need ta be caved in

if speaker wants ta help blowing up tunnels .... good
Agree or disagree, this has nothing to do with Johnson.

Please start your own thread.

Speaker wants you to.
Agree or disagree, this has nothing to do with Johnson.

Please start your own thread. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
He's now in a position to change things. So it does pertain to him.
Maybe someone else should decide that.

Speaker asks you to return to the topic of the thread.
  • Tiny
  • 10-29-2023, 11:52 AM
I've posted on this before, but please see Johnson's comments on abortion, same sex marriage and Ukraine in a recent interview with Hannity,

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/1...eaker-00123925

For better or worse, it sounds like he may give the consensus view of the Republican caucus precedence over his personal views:

Ukraine

“We can’t allow Vladimir Putin to prevail in Ukraine because I don’t believe it would stop there. It would probably encourage and empower China to perhaps make a move on Taiwan. We have these concerns.

Gay marriage

This has been settled by the Supreme Court in the Obergefell opinion in 2015. So, that’s the decision. ... I’m a constitutional law attorney, I respect that and we move forward.

Abortion

There’s no national consensus for the people on what to do with that issue on a federal issue for certain.
(Tiny's note: This may imply he won't pursue a nationwide abortion ban. That's not to say such a ban would have a snowball's chance of passing the House or Senate.)

He’s a cultist and religious zealot. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
He's a Globalist. The first thing that came out of his mouth was to pump more money to Israel. He's no improvement over what we had or ever had as a House Speaker. Originally Posted by Levianon17
Gentlemen, I'd use the word Evangelical Christian instead of cultist, religious zealot or Globalist. You may be on the same page here, regardless of what you call him. I personally believe that we shouldn't be throwing $10 billion in military aid to a country that has a $488 billion GDP and per capita income higher then Japan, Italy, Spain or New Zealand. And believe, despite the Hannity interview, that Johnson's going to push hard for the Evangelical agenda, which includes overly strong support for Israel.
some people's head got blown up real good with the appointment of johnson to speaker.

• Tiny
  • 10-30-2023, 09:39 PM
Damn, It looks like Johnson's promoting a bill to fund $14.3 billion for Israel by cutting the IRS's budget by $14.3 billion. It would be part of the $80 billion originally allocated to the agency in the Inflation Reduction Act last year.

I'm actually starting to like this guy!

I was somewhat disgusted with Chip Roy, but see he's insisting any money for Israel include offsetting spending cuts. I'm starting to like him too!

Now admittedly this is a lesser of two evils thing. I don't really believe we should be sending money Israel's way, considering it's a wealthy country. But if the money's coming out of the IRS's hide, well, that makes it somewhat more palatable.
I see the democraps have coalesced around calling him MAGA Mike. Can't buy positive feedback and messaging like that!

I've read the next tie in is a boder security bill tied to UKR funding... if Beijing Biden wants to keep is graft machine running he will have to secure the border... talk about Sophies choice for the dems... lol
I don't disagree that there needs to be an change on border actions. While the wall is a simple thing, which really keeps out the ones that would easily be detered by other means. I think the real laws that require foreigners to enter the country via legal means, and ejecting ANY and ALL that do it illegally, is really not something that will require a wall, but just following existing laws. For whatever reason it seems no judges in that area will enforce them. Congress needs to either pass legislation to allow it, or figure it out. Mike Johnson will learn that simply attaching stupid add on's will NOT make it past the senate, and will certainly get veto'd. If his legacy is to be the guy who just sent garbage bills to the senate and POTUS, ...well that's one way to be remembered for the remainder of his short tenure. Once american's across the country see the game's being played, there will be more and more seats turning blue. It's not that hard to get a few wins in, and prove the GOP can actually get somethings done in congress, but damn if ya'll don't make it seem impossible.
Republicans can’t govern. They make it clear over and over. The ones with some sense (as few as they are) are afraid to get primaried. Legislation that’d get overwhelming bi-partisan support won’t get passed because the far right idiots want to pass legislation that’ll never become law so they can demagogue the subject.

If they think they’ll hold the house in the upcoming election I suspect they’ll be very shocked as to the result. Now the senate on the other hand may swing or go back to 50/50.
Damn, It looks like Johnson's promoting a bill to fund $14.3 billion for Israel by cutting the IRS's budget by $14.3 billion. It would be part of the $80 billion originally allocated to the agency in the Inflation Reduction Act last year.

I'm actually starting to like this guy!

I was somewhat disgusted with Chip Roy, but see he's insisting any money for Israel include offsetting spending cuts. I'm starting to like him too!

Now admittedly this is a lesser of two evils thing. I don't really believe we should be sending money Israel's way, considering it's a wealthy country. But if the money's coming out of the IRS's hide, well, that makes it somewhat more palatable. Originally Posted by Tiny
I think he should propose that money going to Israel should go to the People in Maui.
Republicans can’t govern. They make it clear over and over. Originally Posted by 1blackman1
I'd prefer a party that can't govern over the Democrats who are actively trying to destroy the nation. But we know you're okay with that.
  • Brot
  • 10-31-2023, 09:03 PM
He supported the Trump election fraud charade even after the reality was clear to anyone not propagandized. I predict he will be eaten by his own if he dares to show any character.
I'd prefer a party that can't govern over the Democrats who are actively trying to destroy the nation. But we know you're okay with that. Originally Posted by texassapper
Of course you would. How it working out for you so far?

He supported the Trump election fraud charade even after the reality was clear to anyone not propagandized. I predict he will be eaten by his own if he dares to show any character. Originally Posted by Brot
This is why Johnson was “accepted.” I agree with you 100%. He just better not piss off Marge or little Mattyor he’ll be in the shithouse too. And he will.