Newsmax settles with smartmatic.

... Why don't you look-about... Maybe the NY Times, CNN, or the AP
have a bit on this.

#### Salty
I suspect that Newsmax settled for somewhere between 350 and 400 million. It's a win for them and that they don't have to shell out over a billion dollars, and it's a win for smartmatic who is indeed facing allegations of bribery. However allegations have yet to be proven, and just like Trump allegations, they don't always stick.
... NO - NO - NO... Salty IS NOT sayin' that Smartmatic
got $400 million from Newsmax.

What I'm sayin' is that Smartmatic was NOW asking for
A BILLION Dollars Less than before. ... Because of
the recent indictment and NOW Smartmatic was afraid
of going to Court.

So, ergo - the CONFIDENTIAL settlement.
That obviously was LESS than the $400 million asked for.
Maybe Newsmax didn't pay th--- Ooop! ... CONFIDENTIAL.

#### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
Total bullshit. They paid well over a hundred millionsl
Total bullshit. They paid well over a hundred millionsl Originally Posted by 1blackman1
... Really? ... Well, YOU surely wouldn't know, as the
settlement is CONFIDENTIAL.

We CAN, however, reckon that the settlement was no doubt
somewhere between 0 (zero) and LESS THAN $400 million dollars.

... Not sure how that thinking is "bullshit"...

#### Salty
... Really? ... Well, YOU surely wouldn't know, as the
settlement is CONFIDENTIAL.

We CAN, however, reckon that the settlement was no doubt
somewhere between 0 (zero) and LESS THAN $400 million dollars.

... Not sure how that thinking is "bullshit"...

#### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
We do know that FOX News paid Dominion $787 million for defamation. And Dominion is seeking up to $1.6 billion from Newsmax for defamation.

My guess is that the number is closer to $400 million than zero.
Newsmax has a projected revenue of $181m in 2024. If Trump and his bullshit go away in November, so does probably at least half of that revenue for 2025.

Apparently providing clueless right-wing nuts with bullshit information is not so lucrative after all. My point is that whatever that settlement is, it was probably on the low end because they are hardly flush with cash, but they are going public so that will be a cash infusion from CFF.

https://invest.newsmax.com/pdf/Newsm...estor-2024.pdf
Newsmax has a projected revenue of $181m in 2024. If Trump and his bullshit go away in November, so does probably at least half of that revenue for 2025.

Apparently providing clueless right-wing nuts with bullshit information is not so lucrative after all. My point is that whatever that settlement is, it was probably on the low end because they are hardly flush with cash, but they are going public so that will be a cash infusion from CFF.

https://invest.newsmax.com/pdf/Newsm...estor-2024.pdf Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
Maybe they need to get the suit settled since they are attempting to go public in 2025.

Dear Reader:

We have some big news to share.

Newsmax plans to go Public as a listed company as soon as the end of this year or early 2025.

And we have more good news: We are offering Shares of our company stock — a 7% accrued dividend convertible preferred stock offering.

If you qualify, you can invest in our company!

For as little as $5,000 you can become a shareholder and owner of Newsmax – and be part of America’s fastest-growing cable news channel.

https://invest.newsmax.com/
... The suit IS settled.

... Here's some more good news - it certainly looks like
Smartmatic and their machines can be bought.
Recent Indictments and what-not... ... Rent their machines Today!

Perhaps the settlement was $1 dollar in token damages...
Likely we may never know... Confidential.

#### Salty