The Republicans Will Not Take Back The Senate!

Perhaps you should try FACTUAL instead of Mypillow. fantasies. Oh wait, you have no need for facts because they would confuse you Originally Posted by chefnerd
Great Pillow. I fully recommend !

Americans are sick of the partisan b/s of the past 2 years.
Id say the Senate is 50 50 on who controls it! Even with 2 poor Republican Senate Candidates
Ah yes standard procedure. NO FACTUAL information when asked. But then that is normal for a Trumpanzee
Ah yes standard procedure. NO FACTUAL information when asked. But then that is normal for a Trumpanzee Originally Posted by chefnerd
... You missed the fact that Winn was talking of
BOTH the Walker race AND the Abrams race.

#### Salty
Izzat-a fact?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!
The reason?

Bad Candidates in Arizona, Pennsylvania, and Georgia. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Jackie S, I agree with you on this. In Georgia, former college football star Herschal Walker is behind the democratic incumbent by 10 points.

If the dems can keep the senate, any legislation that can get in via budget reconcilliation could get passed by the democrats without one republican vote.
  • Tiny
  • 08-19-2022, 12:17 PM
The reason?

Bad Candidates in Arizona, Pennsylvania, and Georgia. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Trump's dead set on making sure that Democrats control the Senate. How else do you explain Herschel Walker and Mehmet Oz? They might not have run if not for Trump's encouragement.

Herschel Walker will be going up against Raphael Warnock. Warnock is formidable. He combines JFK's charisma with Bill Clinton's folksiness. Warnock is too far left for Georgia, but polls indicate he's likely to win. Trump's pick for the seat, Walker, is a jock who lied about his qualifications and his past. He'll probably lose.

Same in Pennsylvania. Mehmet Oz? Really? The Democrats have nominated a Bernie Sanders style progressive, John Fetterman, who would be easily defeated by the likes of someone like Republican Pat Toomey, the smartest SOB in the Senate, who Fetterman will likely replace. Why didn't Toomey run for re-election? Well part of it might be because he figured he might get primaried because he voted to impeach Donald Trump.

Mark Kelly in Arizona's more electable than Warnock and Fetterman. Still if Republicans put up a candidate like Jeff Flake or John McCain, they could win. Hell, Republicans might still have the Senate seats held by those two, Flake's in particular, if not for Trump. Masters, this years Republican candidate who's a Donald Trump favorite, doesn't have a prayer.
  • Tiny
  • 08-19-2022, 12:19 PM
If the dems can keep the senate, any legislation that can get in via budget reconcilliation could get passed by the democrats without one republican vote. Originally Posted by adav8s28
Sinema and Manchin have been bulwarks against some of the stupider things Democratic Party leadership have put forward. If the Democrats can add a couple of seats in the Senate and hold the House, it's going to be a whole different ball game.
Gridlock is good. A divided Congress is beneficial to everyone.
  • Tiny
  • 08-19-2022, 12:26 PM
Gridlock is good. A divided Congress is beneficial to everyone. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
Agreed. If Republicans can maintain control of the House we'll be in good shape.
  • WTF
  • 08-19-2022, 12:32 PM
Agreed. If Republicans can maintain control of the House we'll be in good shape. Originally Posted by Tiny
Maintain????
  • WTF
  • 08-19-2022, 12:37 PM
the fix has already started by the dems Originally Posted by winn dixie
All 4 States mentioned above have shown Major voting irregularities. Originally Posted by winn dixie
Do we need to get you some Midol?

How come there are always voting irregularities when only Republicans lose?

Trump was saying that crap before 2016 in case he lost!

Don't be fooled winn. I know Ronnie fooled you but he was likeable!
No wonder you don’t post in this forum any longer, redhot!

You don’t seem to understand the topic of the threads

This is about the OPs statement that the GOP will not carry the Senate, not the more radical hogwash you can Google up.

Try baby!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhaha
Jackie S, I agree with you on this. In Georgia, former college football star Herschal Walker is behind the democratic incumbent by 10 points.

If the dems can keep the senate, any legislation that can get in via budget reconcilliation could get passed by the democrats without one republican vote. Originally Posted by adav8s28

What kind of bills have to start at the House of Representatives?

Article I, Section 7, of the Constitution provides that all bills for raising revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives but that the Senate may propose, or concur with, amendments. By tradition, general appropriation bills also originate in the House of Representatives.

If the Republicans retake the House there will be no budget bills passed that will favor Democrats. Maybe I'm wrong but I do not think the Senate can pass a damn thing without a majority vote in the House. Am I wrong?

That is why I say taking the House is more important than the Senate at this point. Without the House, Republicans will not be able to impeach Biden, Garland and Wrey. Let the investigations begin!

• Tiny
  • 08-19-2022, 06:40 PM
That is why I say taking the House is more important than the Senate at this point. Without the House, Republicans will not be able to impeach Biden, Garland and Wrey. Let the investigations begin! Originally Posted by HedonistForever
What possible grounds would the House have for impeaching Biden, Garland or Wray? I hope Republican Congressmen wouldn't be so foolish. Their time and efforts should be spent elsewhere.