texas gov orders a clean up in austin

looks like the gov. is going to move the homeless to a campsite on state property in the austin area. He says it will have bathroom facilities and other stuff. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
when you say "move", I hope that means "offer to move".. these people are not a herd of Cattle.

could be a good thing.. hope so.
looks like the gov. is going to move the homeless to a campsite on state property in the austin area. He says it will have bathroom facilities and other stuff.

I can see the logic of camping under the underpass. its good shelter from rain. does it rain alot in austin?

we have homeless camping under the underpass in new orleans. they also beg too. they seem to have a rotation system. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
That was on the local news yesterday. The location is near the airport and very close to a strip club. lol.

Unfortunately there is little way for a homeless person to currently get to the location. I see it as an honest try by the governor to solve the problem but I see many barriers to it working.

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/11...stin-homeless/

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/aust...ess-in-austin/
Adler lives in a different world. It's called 'not reality."
Now he's saying to focus on permanet housing. Well, no shit Sherlock. He might want to start with helping average people with avarage salaries to find a place in Austin too. Because average people can't afford housing there. Hence, more homelessness. Adler is biggest ass to ever have been elected there.
Adler lives in a different world. It's called 'not reality."
Now he's saying to focus on permanet housing. Well, no shit Sherlock. He might want to start with helping average people with avarage salaries to find a place in Austin too. Because average people can't afford housing there. Hence, more homelessness. Adler is biggest ass to ever have been elected there. Originally Posted by Austin Ellen
Very true! Just watch some of his interviews. He looks clueless and in way over his head.
He might want to start with helping average people with avarage salaries to find a place in Austin too. Because average people can't afford housing there. Hence, more homelessness. Originally Posted by Austin Ellen
I remember when Austin was considered to be one of the most affordable cities in the US. that was before the massive changes that spiked the population, which is now 11th highest in the Country. I still find that incredible.
when you say "move", I hope that means "offer to move".. these people are not a herd of Cattle.

could be a good thing.. hope so. Originally Posted by Chung Tran

they are going to have to move by whatever means. Gov. intends to have the underpass cleaned up.
they are going to have to move by whatever means. Gov. intends to have the underpass cleaned up. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Bulldozers and Backhoes.
  • oeb11
  • 11-08-2019, 12:52 PM
Adler ignores the genesis of the homeless problem - drug addiction and mental illness - criminalizing these folks so they cannot get jobs - and perpetuating a cycle of homelessness.

I think we need to decriminalize drug addict for addicted users ( not pushers and cartels) - and treatment is far cheaper than prison. Rehab before prison and criminialization.

And not the corrupt boondoggle Los Angles mayor's approach to build $750K of apartments for homeless - only 70 apartments- and call it a "major achievement" - bet at least $50K went in his own pocket, and does nothing to help the LA homeless situation created by the DPST's - who see these folks as a source of indentured underclass to vote for their right to tents on the sidewalk and shit on the street.

DPST plantation politics.
Why are you always writing about "plantation politics?" What does that even mean today? Didn't you abolish slavery in the States 100 years ago? You keep talking about that but let us know what you're talking about. I can tell by the responses that most of your countrymen have no idea what yous are trying to say. Just more Trumpish talking points?

Yous said you couldn't earn a living in Canada. Maybe you expected everything to be given to you? Or you just didn't have the jam.

Ho hum.
  • oeb11
  • 11-08-2019, 04:22 PM
Try reading the DPST platform - it will enlighten One

Attributing quotes - please produce them. Another impossible task - so be a Sisyphus.

But - parroting narrative requires no learned skill - A of S.
Fake News comes from the right, as well. we had a news report on this, the other day, in Dallas.. during the "report", the cameraman focused for several seconds, for a close up on a syringe needle laying on the pavement. no word about [redacted], just the implied statement that ALL Homeless people are hooked on [redacted]. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
If i were homeless in such a great economy as this, I would use {redacted} to ease my embarrassment and humiliation.
  • oeb11
  • 11-09-2019, 08:06 AM
Job market is such that all employable folks are employed
Most of what is unemployed is unemployable.

Or, "working" in DPST politician offices to steal from the productive and give to themselves.

Or, "working" in DPST politician offices to steal from the productive and give to themselves. Originally Posted by oeb11
That seems like a common thread running through your federal government, If Trump’s ministers were fish, they’d be Squid Pro quo.
You forgot to add the "s" to all your words to make them sound Candaian. Tsk tsk , you're starting to slip.

Why are you always writing about "plantation politics?" What does that even mean today? Didn't you abolish slavery in the States 100 years ago? You keep talking about that but let us know what you're talking about. I can tell by the responses that most of your countrymen have no idea what yous are trying to say. Just more Trumpish talking points?

Yous said you couldn't earn a living in Canada. Maybe you expected everything to be given to you? Or you just didn't have the jam.

Ho hum. Originally Posted by HoeHummer

Or, "working" in DPST politician offices to steal from the productive and give to themselves. Originally Posted by oeb11
You characterized the situation well.