Veteran's Day thread

I don't always support administration in power but always support the troops!

Thank you all!
Attached Images File Type: jpg salute.jpg (133.1 KB, 120 views)
1st Lt -47th TFS USAFR Barksdale AFB
And
Capt -147th FIS Texas ANG Ellington AFB with a little 10 mo. side trip to the sandbox in 1991.

Thanks and much respect to all who served and are serving.
  • Doc69
  • 11-11-2010, 08:16 AM
US Navy BT2 (E-5) 1984-1994
USS Concord AFS-5, Service School Command Great Lakes, USS Horne (CG-30).
Thank you all for your service and sacrifice. We do not take enough days in the year to properly acknowledge you all that protect our nation and freedom.

I am in a direct way the product of American military valor and sacrifice and owe a great deal to you all. Just remember regardless of popular sentiment, your service and sacrifice has profound positive affects.
My grandfather from Ireland served in the U.S. Army during WWII and ended up guarding bridges in mountain snow up to his arse, after which he vowed he'd never be cold again. He came south, and then ended up in the desert.

My uncle was on the ground in the Army in Korea, my father a Navy pilot overhead. I lost a 19-year-old Army cousin in the jungles of Vietnam. I have other relatives who've served during peacetime. My best friend's son is a 22-year-old foot soldier in Iraq right now, and while I normally don't think much of religion and figure I'm going to Hell on the express subway, I pray for him and his buddies every day. Wouldn't hurt if everyone here sent a kind word or two upstairs, please.
U.S. Navy 1966-1974........... all over including Vietnam (incountry)
And
Capt -147th FIS Texas ANG Ellington AFB Originally Posted by Gator42
:shakes head:

Occifers...
Thank you to those who gave their lives for my freedom. Thank you to those who have served our country and made it back home. You bravely and selflessly gave your all for our freedom and I love you all!!!
"Rangers lead the way!" Originally Posted by KinkyNasty
Airborne!

And
Capt -147th FIS Texas ANG Ellington AFB with a little 10 mo. side trip to the sandbox in 1991.

Thanks and much respect to all who served and are serving. Originally Posted by Gator42
And if that is not enough, he is also a fellow Coog!

Eat 'em up!!!!!
Cpl. USMC 1972 to 1976

Navy Air Station-Memphis Tenn
USMC Air Station New River North Carolina
USMC Air Station Cherry Ponit North Carolina
USMC Air Station Iwakuni Japan
8 month Med-Cruise on USS Iwo Jima LPH-2

Those were four of the best......and......worst years of my life!
:shakes head:

Occifers... Originally Posted by Wakeup
NCO'S
NCO'S Originally Posted by Gator42

NCO's make shit happen....Sir!
NCO's make shit happen....Sir! Originally Posted by DickEmDown
Too True!
Now get me a cigar!
Tremendous respect for all you fellas that served and still do.

Happy Veterans day guys.