Nike salutes Kap’s courage with its 30th Anniversary “Just Do It” campaign.

So that’s some serious stuff, indeed Jim.

Why hasn’t Trump cracked down on Nike like he did on the NFL players?

I bet he will!
So that’s some serious stuff, indeed Jim.

Why hasn’t Trump cracked down on Nike like he did on the NFL players?

I bet he will! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
This isn't about Trump it's about Kaepernick. He doesn't support this countries police. He won't stand and respect our nations flag and what it truly represents. But yet he'll do an add for a greedy shoe company that exploits Child Labor overseas. This guy is either real stupid or just doesn't give a fuck. I think it's a good mix of both.

Jim
This isn't about Trump it's about Kaepernick. He doesn't support this countries police. He won't stand and respect our nations flag and what it truly represents. But yet he'll do an add for a greedy shoe company that exploits Child Labor overseas. This guy is either real stupid or just doesn't give a fuck. I think it's a good mix of both.

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin

Kaepernick signed a "star" contract that puts him level with a "top-end NFL player" worth millions per year plus royalties

they signed this loser who is a lousy quarterback no team wants on their roster and Nike is basically giving him free money for his stupidity.

bet K had some help getting that contract.
Kaepernick signed a "star" contract that puts him level with a "top-end NFL player" worth millions per year plus royalties

they signed this loser who is a lousy quarterback no team wants on their roster and Nike is basically giving him free money for his stupidity.

bet K had some help getting that contract. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
What did he tell a reporter when this whole kneeling shit began. something to the affect that he can't stand and honor a flag to a country who's police oppress black people. But yet he has no problem showing his face on an add for a company that exploits child labor. Nike is a joke of a company if they think this idiot has courage. The kids that bust their ass for Nike making shoes are the ones with the courage. They live everyday with an uncertain future. It's kind of infuriating to know what kind of person Kaepernick really is

Jim

I beg to differ. At the time of his first protest, young black men were being gunned down, choked to death, etc., by police all over the country. To you it’s about a football player disrespecting a flag, but to him, it was a reaction to a real and terrifying problem, at least in the black community.

If you can’t at least consider the players’ side of the issue, not to mention Kap’s First Amendment rights, then you’ll never understand what the protest stood for BEFORE Trump stuck his nose in it with his typically petty attacks.

Now, of course, it’s become yet another us vs them game of Red Rover that Twitler loves so much. Something to divert attention from Mueller and the impending fall of his short lived rule.

If he was worried about US jobs like he claimed he was, he would never have allowed Foreign made Nike products into the country without some kind of tariff or deal with Cambodia, was it?

And to accept goods from a foreign regime that regularly abuses the human rights of its workers like, well, most all the ones he buddies up to...well according to your post, it seems like he is more culpable than the “real stupid” guy who took a knee.
What did he tell a reporter when this whole kneeling shit began. something to the affect that he can't stand and honor a flag to a country who's police oppress black people. But yet he has no problem showing his face on an add for a company that exploits child labor. Nike is a joke of a company if they think this idiot has courage. The kids that bust their ass for Nike making shoes are the ones with the courage. They live everyday with an uncertain future. It's kind of infuriating to know what kind of person Kaepernick really is

Links?

Here’s one for you to read.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/31/s....co/LSo6kiJALn
I beg to differ. At the time of his first protest, young black men were being gunned down, choked to death, etc., by police all over the country. To you it’s about a football player disrespecting a flag, but to him, it was a reaction to a real and terrifying problem, at least in the black community.

If you can’t at least consider the players’ side of the issue, not to mention Kap’s First Amendment rights, then you’ll never understand what the protest stood for BEFORE Trump stuck his nose in it with his typically petty attacks.

Now, of course, it’s become yet another us vs them game of Red Rover that Twitler loves so much. Something to divert attention from Mueller and the impending fall of his short lived rule. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Then if it really meant anything to him quit football and join a major metropolitan Police Dept and make a change. But he would rather bitch about it and later show he's a hypocrite and work for a company that exploits young children in the labor force. Nike could easily do something about it.

Jim
Links?

Here’s one for you to read.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/31/s....co/LSo6kiJALn Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Here's Colin in his own words talking about Police Brutality and Cops killing innocent people. I am sure he means primarily black people.

Jim

https://youtu.be/ka0446tibig
You still don’t get it. He had a grand stage to bring his protest to the public eye. Of course, after watching your link, he didn’t quite say what you claimed he did, but let’s look past your paraphrasing.

Sure he could have joined the police force, but then there would have been no consciousness raising.

And when the failed football team owner (such a dick the NFL wouldn’t give him a franchise) got involved it escalated into something far more public.

He/they aren’t goin away. As long as people keep loving their shit, it will be a successful protest. Kaepernick isn’t the only one. And he wasn’t the first and he won’t be the last.

He likely will never play another down of football but you’ll never forget what he did and why. And after all, as you said, he wasn’t any good anyway, right?

And now, he’s fronting a company that abuses workers? Is that what you’re pissed about now?
I no Nike Originally Posted by TheDaliLama

Me neither. I can see stock in Nike dropping..
You still don’t get it. He had a grand stage to bring his protest to the public eye. Of course, after watching your link, he didn’t quite say what you claimed he did, but let’s look past your paraphrasing.

Sure he could have joined the police force, but then there would have been no consciousness raising.

And when the failed football team owner (such a dick the NFL wouldn’t give him a franchise) got involved it escalated into something far more public.

He/they aren’t goin away. As long as people keep loving their shit, it will be a successful protest. Kaepernick isn’t the only one. And he wasn’t the first and he won’t be the last.

He likely will never play another down of football but you’ll never forget what he did and why. And after all, as you said, he wasn’t any good anyway, right?

And now, he’s fronting a company that abuses workers? Is that what you’re pissed about now? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
This guy kicked off a bunch of shit and nothing is going to change believe me. He's fronting a company that profits from children in the labor force. If he won't stand for our country who he claims is so oppressive why would he represent a company that profits from a country that oppresses children? He and Nike are eventually going to get called out on it and Nike is going to drop him like bad habit. Cops are being held accountable. Police Departments investigate all kinds of incidents involving police wrong doing besides just shootings. Cops are given verbal and written reprimands all the way to termination and even criminal charges filed on them every day of the week all over this country. Sometimes police incidents are justified and the public can't handle it. Kaepernicks job was to play football not to second guess what the police do. People have it all backwards they want the Police to change. It doesn't work that way. The individual needs to change, police aren't going to change they go up against way too much shit to change ,they live for it. The average law abiding citizen hardly see the police. The police aren't concerned about people who comply. They are concerned about the idiots that get in their way. The Burglars, Armed Robbers, Narcotics Dealers, the guy walking down the street with a shot gun wanting to shoot someone, drunk drivers, people like that. I don't take guys like Kaepernick seriously because he doesn't know what the fuck he's even talking about. Individuals need to change not the Police. The Police, that's a society in and of itself.

Jim
Actually, Kapernick's protests were so successful the police decided it would be easier to put on realistic facemasks like SC said and pretend to be black so they could disguise themselves as crack cocaine salesmen fighting over territory.

That is what Kapernick needs to protest next.
Personally I think he has every right to protest but that the owners when they were paying him could also stop it from happening.

I think the "stay in the lockeroom or stand" deal is the best solution.

I think consumers not buying Nike products is also a fully American response.

Now Nike had to know, so I'm betting they think in the long run they can benefit by proving they are liberals, and avoid the messy publicity that comes from exploiting labor in Cambodia. Or rather, they are betting it is OK for liberals to exploit labor for a good cause.

The kids that bust their ass for Nike making shoes are the ones with the courage. They live everyday with an uncertain future.

Waiting for THEIR police to show up where they live.