What do you think the forums on ECCIE are missing?

I think if we were rid of the threAD whiners and drama queens the site would be much improved.
We are missing the traffic here, this site will never compare to how many visitors aspd.net had Originally Posted by AustinsGurlz

"Never"?

Would you like to lace a wager on that?
ECCIE is a great forum, no doubt about that. Like anything else has some flaws. Some would say that there are too many threAD's, too much of a hostile posting enviroment, limitations on provider ads, etc.

For the hobbyist, what would make ECCIE "perfect" for your needs?

For the provider, what would make ECCIE "perfect for you business?

sixx Originally Posted by sixxbach
ThreAD.

I wish I had more constructive suggestions. The issues:

1) Deadwood - I agree. I don't really care about post counts and all of that. One idea might be a better more detailed class system for posters. White knights, super villains, post whores, top-shelf reviewer. That would be funny and perhaps made practical. That way, I know when I read a review how much credibility the poster has. "Oh, that guy's a super-villain / top shelfer, better pay attention." vs. "Meh, that guy's a chintzy chump / thug, pay him no mind."

2) Board drama - see above. I might be more interested in an argument between a super-villain and a loud-mouthed cunt vs. a dingbat / turtle-pecker spat. Maybe earn badges like four square, what do I know. "Congratulations. You just earned your shameless self-promotion badge on Eccie!

I'd just as soon read an argument thread vs. another "have you ever jacked off in a movie theater" "or too much tooth" discussion.

3) Traffic - I'm curious why board traffic is lower. Is it competition? I'd heard the other boards are like a few old farts playing pocket checkers. I generally find the P411 board more useful as a source of available providers. A lot of them don't advertise here. Some of the ones that do seem kind of sketchy. Someone did a poll once that showed most people here make a fuck ton of money. You'd think there would be more ads.

4) Ads - the main problem with the ads, and I could give a fuck about what providers do in the co-ed, is that I can't figure out what anyone charges anymore. I understand why, but providers are always touting "specials" but no one knows what they are. I have enough trouble setting up an appointment much less having to call or e-mail dopey providers to find out I don't want the $100 ball depilation and fleshlight special. Maybe set up some ad guidelines so I at least know a provider's preferred method of contact, when exactly they will be in town, their schedule, and how to find their rates/specials etc. Let some provider with her shit together put together suggestions. And while we're at it, ban all this backpage bullshit with the stupid fonts, overuse of emoticons, colors, pictures that require 2 minutes to load. Nobody needs that shit. Life's too short.
WoW!- FloridaShark still in the hiz---with a new and improved avatar no less!!!

Great post Shark- Nice to see you young man!

-Boog
Dagwood's heavy Mod hand is definitely NOT missed from the old ASPD days. Originally Posted by Who's Your Daddy
Miss Dagwood (R.I.P.)

Have not heard from Gneissy yet(speaking of semi-heavy mod hands), hopefully we will.

I would like his take on the difference between "then and now," what the forums "are missing."

If he thinks it's for the better or the other direction??
I like it the way it is. I think the threads are about the same as aspd as well as the people who participate. This site far exceeds aspd based on the showcase section alone.
As a relative newcomer to the community I would say the biggest thing lacking IMO are private boards that are actually private (for intended audience only). I realize how unrealistic that might be, but that is what limits the value of ML. Sharing information without having to post the typical "Wow, something happened. PM me for details" would add value.

I would also say I agree with Whispers that more of the boards should be reserved for premium membership (whether paid or earned, gifted etc...). Would it hurt traffic? Overall it might, but I bet it would spike premium membership and you would get more value from the community you have. Eyeballs are only as valuable as their interest in what you're selling. People that are in need of information and truly interested would do what they need to do to get it. I don't write reviews typically (though it was recently requested and I will do it) as it's cheap enough to just pay for premium when I want/need it.
As a relative newcomer to the community I would say the biggest thing lacking IMO are private boards that are actually private (for intended audience only). I realize how unrealistic that might be, but that is what limits the value of ML. Sharing information without having to post the typical "Wow, something happened. PM me for details" would add value. Originally Posted by cyrick

There is a forum actually here that caters to that.......

sixx
I think if we were rid of the threAD whiners and drama queens the site would be much improved. Originally Posted by Smokin Joe
Would the same go for those who whine about the whiners and long for the days of "way back when" on the old P?

I use to play the Sega Genisis back in the day but times change....

sixx
ECCIE is a great forum, no doubt about that. Like anything else has some flaws. Some would say that there are too many threAD's, too much of a hostile posting enviroment, limitations on provider ads, etc.

For the hobbyist, what would make ECCIE "perfect" for your needs?

For the provider, what would make ECCIE "perfect for you business?

Would the same go for those who whine about the whiners and long for the days of "way back when" on the old P?

I use to play the Sega Genisis back in the day but times change....

Do you ever break out one of those old games for the heck of it? Kinda what the theme here has been.... Everything old is new again!??

Well... Except the OIOs.....
its missing more providers using the chat feature on here. it would be beneficial to providers and clients!
I think that the board can use more compassion and open mindedness to others and their points of view.

I also think that there is a need for alternative lifestyles, TS, Gay, other items that go against the grain of typical thoughts, so that they can share their information without having to worry about being bashed by people who disagree with the way that they live their life. I would have rules that prohibit bashing in this section with an option to kick you out of that section only, not the full board if you bash.

I do not understand most of the posting about making more areas private. I've paid for private in the past. I do not do reviews for my own personal reasons and do not plan on starting. When I feel that I need the private sections I pay for it, but if I don't need it then I don't. I do not see how more private areas are going to improve anything, since most of the drama on the board is put in place by people that have rights to those areas. It would only help with the people that decide to go create a new account with the entire goal of disruption. Those appear to be dealt with quickly in my opinion.
When is tha cheap muthafukkahs whut own eccie gonna set up a gottdamm com-plee-mentery buffet roundt h'yar?