The Price of Democrat Fame

disarray on Trump Originally Posted by VitaMan

I guess you and I have different meaning for the word disarray.

Fox has absolutely no policy on how to speak about Trump. Tucker doesn't like him, Hannity loves him.

I think you confuse the people that Fox allows to speak their mind even if they support Trump or call him out like Tucker does.

There are no talking points from Fox on Trump, as much as you would like to believe that.

Whether Trump rises from the ashes or ends up in jail, will have absolutely no affect on Fox news. There are far to many good replacements for Trump that Fox has no trouble discussing with perhaps the exception of Hannity and Ingraham.
This seems to be far from the thread topic.
Links?

Or just more Schadenfreude?

Seems like you’re desperate to make something seem as bad as the very evil you promote and continue to support.

Yet my friend, your rather embarrassingly comparing road apples and oranges. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Why don’t you watch the fucking news? I still got the vision of that upside down twerkingin my mind. Never have I seen anything so totally absurd.
This seems to be far from the thread topic. Originally Posted by VitaMan
Why did you go off topic?
... I'll be the Judge o' that.
It's me-own thread.

However - you may be correct, mate.
We could discuss Fox and CNN all the day.

... I just wanted you lads to view the twerking congresswoman.

#### Salty

Any excuse not to answer a simple question. You stated that Fox news is in disarray over Trump. That was you going off topic which you seem to think is a venal sin.

I ask how you see and hear this disarray and all of a sudden, I'm off topic.

So if Salty doesn't mind, I'll bet he won't, I'll ask again, "how is Fox news in disarray over Trump"?
... YOU'RE surely correct, Hedo - I don't mind the question to him.

But I think his point may be that some there on Fox seem
to dislike Trump - while others love Him.

But shouldn't a REAL news agency be that way?
Not just one-way in their coverage?

... But who knows how Vita will answer...

#### Salty
... YOU'RE surely correct, Hedo - I don't mind the question to him.

But I think his point may be that some there on Fox seem
to dislike Trump - while others love Him.

But shouldn't a REAL news agency be that way?
Not just one-way in their coverage?

... But who knows how Vita will answer...

#### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again

My bet is, he won't. He seems to believe giving in to my question is some how a trick and he's afraid of getting caught saying something that will be thrown back at him. But he's just another person who has every right not to engage in debate but merely toss out statements that he will not backup/ explain.

I don't think his statement of disarray is that some dislike Trump while others love him, but I guess we'll never know because he isn't going to answer any question from little ole me.
when did tucker not like trump?
when did tucker not like trump? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

He made quite a few references over the 4 years that he was not impressed with Trump but supported his policies.

Make of this what you will.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/30/us/tucker-carlson-fox-news.html

Tucker Carlson had a problem.

After years in the cable wilderness, he had made a triumphant return to prime time. And his new show, “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” had leapfrogged to the heart of Fox News’s evening lineup just months after Donald J. Trump’s upset victory shattered the boundaries of conventional politics.

But as Mr. Trump thrashed through his first months in office, Mr. Carlson found himself with an unexpected programming challenge: Fox was too pro-Trump. The new president watched his favorite network religiously, and often tweeted about what he saw there, while Fox broadcasts reliably parroted White House messaging. No one was more on message than Sean Hannity, then Fox’s highest-rated star, who frequently devoted his show to Mr. Trump’s daily battles with Washington Democrats and the media.

Newly planted in Fox’s newly vacated 8 p.m. time slot — previously held by the disgraced star Bill O’Reilly — Mr. Carlson told friends and co-workers that he needed to find a way to reach the Trump faithful, but without imitating Mr. Hannity. He didn’t want to get sucked into apologizing for Mr. Trump every day, he told one colleague, because the fickle, undisciplined new president would constantly need apologizing for.

The solution would not just propel Mr. Carlson toward the summit of cable news. It would ultimately thrust him to the forefront of the nationalist forces reshaping American conservatism. “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” the host and his producers decided, would embrace Trumpism, not Mr. Trump.

His new direction — Trumpism without Trump — took shape that summer. The lighter segments faded from view. Notably, Mr. Trump was mentioned less often than on “Hannity,” and Mr. Carlson sometimes even criticized the president, particularly when he deviated from campaign promises like building the border wall and avoiding what he had once called “stupid” wars. In private, Mr. Carlson mocked the president’s habit of calling to head off his on-air attacks. (When Mr. Trump called to pre-empt criticism of one foreign-policy move, Mr. Carlson declined the call, according to a former Fox employee who witnessed it.)

That's what I saw and heard, others may have not. Tucker Carlson for the uninitiated, is a hard man to follow until you understand his "delivery". I wish I could provide you with examples but I can't. Just my observation and the New York Times, to a degree, agreed with me. It wasn't as overt as what you hear on Left media, it was more subtle but it was there.

My bet is, he won't. He seems to believe giving in to my question is some how a trick and he's afraid of getting caught saying something that will be thrown back at him. But he's just another person who has every right not to engage in debate but merely toss out statements that he will not backup/ explain.

I don't think his statement of disarray is that some dislike Trump while others love him, but I guess we'll never know because he isn't going to answer any question from little ole me.

Any excuse not to answer a simple question. You stated that Fox news is in disarray over Trump. That was you going off topic which you seem to think is a venal sin.

I ask how you see and hear this disarray and all of a sudden, I'm off topic.
So if Salty doesn't mind, I'll bet he won't, I'll ask again, "how is Fox news in disarray over Trump"? Originally Posted by HedonistForever

Salty is correct with his insight.

"But I think his point may be that some there on Fox seem to dislike Trump - while others love him."

Your opinion quoted above is completely wrong. You consider yourself a heavyweight, but you are turning into a tub of lard during retirement.

And the disarray has been increasing and getting bigger and bigger. Some at FOX now hang up on Trump during phone interviews if he brings up his false statements of MASSIVE election fraud.

The above alone should be enough to shut you up. But since you insist on being a complete asshole, here is some additional reference material for you to ponder.

Fox News Potentially Facing Major Financial Damage In Dogged Suit Over Election Lies

A massive $1.6 billion defamation lawsuit by a voting machine company over Fox News election lies got a whole lot more serious last month when a judge ruled the action can proceed in a scathing ruling against Rupert Murdoch and his son.

Dominion Voting Systems was given the green light in June to proceed in its suit against both Fox News and Fox Corp, its parent company, by Delaware Supreme Court Judge Eric David.

He determined that it was a reasonable inference that Murdoch and son Lachlan either knew outright that Dominion had not manipulated the election or “recklessly disregarded the truth” when Fox disseminated lies initially launched by Donald Trump.

“Dominion has a very strong case against Fox News,” Ciara Torres-Spelliscy, a constitutional law professor at Florida’s Stetson University and fellow at the Brennan Center for Justice, told The Guardian.

All of the “conspiracy theories about Dominion’s machines were just pure bunk,” she added. “Fox as a news organization should have known that and not given this aspect of [Trump’s] ‘big lie’ a megaphone.”

What’s particularly bad for Fox, she noted, is that Dominion asked the network to stop disseminating the lies and correct the record, yet “Fox persisted in spreading misrepresentations about the voting machine company.”

A particularly intriguing development could be the exposure of text and email messages among the Trump White House, Fox News personalities, and even Rupert Murdoch.

“I think once you start to pull the discovery material, what you’re going to find is there was a lot of communication between the Trump people both internally and externally about pushing very specific lies and narratives,” Angelo Carusone, chief executive of Media Matters for America, told The Guardian.

A Fox spokesman told the newspaper: “We are confident we will prevail in this case, as the First Amendment is the foundation of our democracy and freedom of the press must be protected.”
Salty is correct with his insight.

"But I think his point may be that some there on Fox seem to dislike Trump - while others love him."

Your opinion quoted above is completely wrong. You consider yourself a heavyweight, but you are turning into a tub of lard during retirement.

Well, if you can call, 140 lbs a tub of lard! I saw a comment someone made about a shirtless Putin and looking pretty good for 69. I'm 74 and have better abs than Putin. I worked out everyday for years till I hurt my back so bad I had to give up the gym and just do physical therapy exercises everyday and two 30 minute walks a day. And when you come to visit me in Miami, we'll put on the gloves and go a few rounds. How's that sound to ya?

The kid next door had a project with his Scout Troop to honor a service member on Veterans day and asked if he could take a picture of me and him, well, his mother asked. So I decided to drag out my old Navy uniform which I hadn't put on in over 50 years. Fit like a glove but I got in it.

And the disarray has been increasing and getting bigger and bigger. Some at FOX now hang up on Trump during phone interviews if he brings up his false statements of MASSIVE election fraud.

And that's what you call disarray? Some Fox news people not taking Trumps calls?

The above alone should be enough to shut you up.

In your dreams.

But since you insist on being a complete asshole, here is some additional reference material for you to ponder.

Fox News Potentially Facing Major Financial Damage In Dogged Suit Over Election Lies

A massive $1.6 billion defamation lawsuit by a voting machine company over Fox News election lies got a whole lot more serious last month when a judge ruled the action can proceed in a scathing ruling against Rupert Murdoch and his son.

Dominion Voting Systems was given the green light in June to proceed in its suit against both Fox News and Fox Corp, its parent company, by Delaware Supreme Court Judge Eric David.

He determined that it was a reasonable inference that Murdoch and son Lachlan either knew outright that Dominion had not manipulated the election or “recklessly disregarded the truth” when Fox disseminated lies initially launched by Donald Trump.

“Dominion has a very strong case against Fox News,” Ciara Torres-Spelliscy, a constitutional law professor at Florida’s Stetson University and fellow at the Brennan Center for Justice, told The Guardian.

All of the “conspiracy theories about Dominion’s machines were just pure bunk,” she added. “Fox as a news organization should have known that and not given this aspect of [Trump’s] ‘big lie’ a megaphone.”

What’s particularly bad for Fox, she noted, is that Dominion asked the network to stop disseminating the lies and correct the record, yet “Fox persisted in spreading misrepresentations about the voting machine company.”

A particularly intriguing development could be the exposure of text and email messages among the Trump White House, Fox News personalities, and even Rupert Murdoch.

“I think once you start to pull the discovery material, what you’re going to find is there was a lot of communication between the Trump people both internally and externally about pushing very specific lies and narratives,” Angelo Carusone, chief executive of Media Matters for America, told The Guardian.

A Fox spokesman told the newspaper: “We are confident we will prevail in this case, as the First Amendment is the foundation of our democracy and freedom of the press must be protected.” Originally Posted by VitaMan
Now that's better but discussing law suits before they are settled is mere guessing.

Still wouldn't call it disarray but each to their own opinion.
I guess the Miami thing will have to be a Nguyen....Nguyen situation.

Side note: they are taking Trump's calls. They do phone interviews. When Trump interjects his mantra about MASSIVE election fraud, they hang up on him and conclude the interview. While others at FOX are still steadfast.
I guess the Miami thing will have to be a Nguyen....Nguyen situation.

Say what?

Side note: they are taking Trump's calls. They do phone interviews. When Trump interjects his mantra about MASSIVE election fraud, they hang up on him and conclude the interview. While others at FOX are still steadfast. Originally Posted by VitaMan

Still doesn't add up to disarray to me but we'll have to agree to disagree on the meaning of disarray.
Not sure what the above has to do with anything. FOX seems to be in disarray. Distancing themselves from Trump.

You did notice eccie9500 was recently banned.....what is that all about ? Do you have a rumour to spread ? Originally Posted by VitaMan
What is RUMOUR???????
For a network in "disarray"...THE ARE STOMPING ALL THE OTHER LEFTWING NETWORKS ASSES COMBINED!!
He was banned...never noticed
Side note...after Trump left office ALL their ratings are in the shitter like you man brandons.