Buying a car for your sb

Pm'd you with some info on ownership and liability exposure under TX. Hope it helps.
I appreciate the feedback and I'm sorry if my question offended some. Some of the replies seemed to be laced with a little animosity...
To be perfectly honest with you it's not animosity, we just hate watching sheer stupidity.

Wish you the best but you have to understand this will NOT end well for you, there's almost no chance the way you are going about it.

There ARE safe ways but you're bent on borrowing money yourself for her benefit and that one is the classic failure scenario.
Just my opinion but I would think anyone considering a 30k gift
to a SB is in a little too deep, I thought the whole SB thing was
monthly cash and a few gifts now and then with nothing that
could ever be traced back to you. Could wind up costing you
a lot more than 30k in the long run. What if the relationship
were to go sour and she got really pissed at you.
No pussy is worth 30K!

If your name is anywhere on it, guess what, when she gets drunk and goes a million dollars in damages then your insurance picks up the tab. Make sure if your name is on it, that you are on the policy and it is paid!
Originally Posted by Red Tex
I beg to differ. If Chase Bank is the lienholder on a car you drive, and you go out and kill someone with it, or do a million dollars in damage, do you think the victims can ever get any money for damages out of Chase Bank?

The same thing applies to the mortgage holder on your house.

In both cases, the lienholder will want to know you are carrying the proper type and amount of insurance, per their requirements. And if you don't, they'll be happy to purchase it from a carrier of their choice, and add the cost to your lien.

I think he should just figure out how much he wants to spend, and find something in that price range and pay cash. But if he wants to carry the lien he can do so with no personal monetary risk.

Of course he doesn't want to leave the title laying around anywhere that his SO can find it.
Agreed whats up with all the bashing? He did not come for advice about whether or not he should buy her a car, just discreet options... sheesh you people need to lighten up here.

I hope it all works out for you and your SB Originally Posted by Jules Jaguar
To be perfectly honest with you it's not animosity, we just hate watching sheer stupidity.

Wish you the best but you have to understand this will NOT end well for you, there's almost no chance the way you are going about it.

There ARE safe ways but you're bent on borrowing money yourself for her benefit and that one is the classic failure scenario. Originally Posted by mansfield

Mansfield said it well. We are not bashing him. We are giving him the advice of years of wisdom watching these type of transactions fail with a great degree of predictability.

Sorry if it blocks some gals from hittin a man up for a car here, but it can go badly for the girl, too. ex: Car is in his name and he gets pissed at you and repos it...

Seen that scenario, too. What's the girl to do? Sue him in civil court and reveal that that illegal services were rendered as payment? I think that voids any contract automatically and she will have outted herself for nothing.

Cash is king. Pay as you go. Stray from that model and things can and often do go haywire.

Wanna be their life coach and teach them to save for a car? Go ahead.

Wanna help them out with a down payment after a weekend together? Go ahead.

We are just preaching harm reduction here. Reduced exposure reduces the risks of either side getting butt hurt and screwing the other one over.
Thanks everyone!

I'm truly thankful for all the feedback. My actions may resemble stupidity to some but it's all relative. There's a school of thought that says paying for companionship in any capacity is stupid. We love to judge each other.

For all I know this may be a huge mistake. I can only draw from my past experiences and historically I've spent a lot more and recieved a lot less.

I may be hobbying wrong but ive never viewed any provider as just 'pussy'. Dehumanizing leads to abuse...

Again, thanks for your advice
Post a pic of your SB ... I want to know what golden pussy looks like.
  • S-Man
  • 06-02-2012, 04:37 PM
If the deal goes badly, please do not post a thread about it. Btw, shouldn't this question have been asked in the SD forum?
Doctorscotty can't go there...
One other thing to keep in mind, Texas is a community property state. Good luck.
tote the note = buy here / pay here corner lots....

if you are so inclined, as was noted by a few others, a nice reliable accord/camry/ford/chevy/buick product can be had for less than $10k... beggars should not be choosers .... actually, come to think of it, a 5 yr old small Lexus sedan can be had for that same price.... it would be a little more sporty/chic for her and still reliable/economical ...... paper trails are not your friend and handing over moola, carte blanc, is never a good idea....
If the deal goes badly, please do not post a thread about it. Btw, shouldn't this question have been asked in the SD forum? Originally Posted by S-Man
He is not a premium access member. DS, you might find premium access helpful to get access to the SugarDaddy forum.

One other thing to keep in mind, Texas is a community property state. Good luck. Originally Posted by Abraham
How is that relevant unless he is in the middle of a divorce? No law says he cant be reckless with his money while he is married.

tote the note = buy here / pay here corner lots....

if you are so inclined, as was noted by a few others, a nice reliable accord/camry/ford/chevy/buick product can be had for less than $10k... beggars should not be choosers .... actually, come to think of it, a 5 yr old small Lexus sedan can be had for that same price.... it would be a little more sporty/chic for her and still reliable/economical ...... paper trails are not your friend and handing over moola, carte blanc, is never a good idea.... Originally Posted by Roothead

I like this one!

Only way to avoid liability, as I see it, is to pay cash and show yourself as the lien holder. And I'd have the gal sign an actual note. That way, if she reneges on the deal, you can reposes the car -- assuming you can find it and her. As a personal injury lawyer who has an associate that does family law, the far better solution from both perspectives would be to find a SB that has her own transportation. Of hell, just get a fucking divorce and chase civilian pussy that owns cars.
I would definitely focus on the potential liability if she gets into a wreck and hurts someone, vs. the actual cash outlay for the vehicle. Even if it is a relatively minor wreck, if the other side pursues a claim against you the whole thing will blow up in your face.

I really like JGW's idea the best: set up an account and put the money there every month. Let her make her own deal at one of the tote-the-note shops. The price is high for someone with bad or no credit, but you really don't want to take a risk that will end up making the $30k look like chump change.
I still want to see a pic of the golden pussy.