So... what is YOUR number? :D

If I had a million, poon party would be on!! This is a lady question. Guys won't leave this, they will, however leave a dead relationship given a nice incentive. If I win the lotto, I'll pay off the house, buy the SO a new car and deposit 2 million in our account...... leaving the rest in another account and go to the carribean, get some uhm ......new paper and head to Belize, Costa Rica et al and disappear.
Give me $250 and a burger and I am gone.
+1 ain't that the truth. For me I'd say enough to invest in something that would keep making money for me. No matter how much money you make (or have) you are never truly rich unless your money works for you. Originally Posted by Jessica Jade
You are 100% correct Jessica. That said, I think that is what THN and Grace are doing as well. They have a number that allows them the ability to begin earning in an alternate method. Bottom line, if I understand correctly, the number has to be enough to ensure you are able to keep earning enough money to support yourself, whether that be from a new career, or from investments.

BT77
  • ~Ze~
  • 06-18-2014, 11:33 AM
Dude, no joke... if someone plopped 75k in my hand right now, I would be gone.

No, I wouldn't blow it all on Caribbean vacations.

School/rent/expenses for a couple years will make a huge difference in my transitional period. You would be surprised how small a savvy chicks real life expenses can be.

But fuck... I get so grumpy when I haven't gotten laid... I would still be a horny cunt.
Someone, teach me how to invest in the stock market, and I'm out of here.
Good question!
Wouldn't it be nice if we were all rich and we did whatever (or whoever) the fuck we wanted to. How did life get so complicated from childhood years over simple greenbacks? The more $ you have the more problens you have I tell ya. That's why I take pleasure in the journey because sometimes the destination is overrated. Oh yeah, if I had the $$$ I would bang until my dick fell off.
1 million @ 5% returns 50K, less taxes of 20% would result in 40K. This is why most financial planners suggest 3.5 million for retirement. I would suggest since gifts are taxed over 10K, taxes are to be collected. I suggest that most of the numbers that were given are not going to provide for the goals listed. This is not to say the numbers given did not sound impressive it is just when the numbers are crunched it takes more than we think to reach a goal.
Towncryer, it isn't actual retirement funds. Is how much CASH would you need to quit providing
Yeah.. my 75K isn't to retire outright... it is to retire from the hobby and not look back. It is enough for me to execute my exit strategy without working.
1 million @ 5% returns 50K, less taxes of 20% would result in 40K. This is why most financial planners suggest 3.5 million for retirement. I would suggest since gifts are taxed over 10K, taxes are to be collected. I suggest that most of the numbers that were given are not going to provide for the goals listed. This is not to say the numbers given did not sound impressive it is just when the numbers are crunched it takes more than we think to reach a goal. Originally Posted by TownCryer
A couple of thoughts, initially, gifts over 14k are taxed not 10k, that said, you are assuming they would report the gift LOL. Also, I think it is realistic to earn between 8 and 12% ROI meaning $80-120k less taxes. Finally, I think most of the ladies that have responded so far are talking about what it would take for them to stop providing not stop working entirely.

I could be wrong though.

BT77
I] (Boy, it is easy to get swept away in the moment, isn't it?) I would say, $100,000... that should be enough to keep me going long enough for me to focus strictly on getting my company off the ground... and not worry about the day to day living expenses... [/I]

I would prefer $750,000. Then, I could easily retire and be comfortable.

Go back to school ... volunteer. Live a frugal life of understated elegance.

Travel the world and live close to the ground while doing so.

(Gosh. Listen to me, will 'ya?)

Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
Sounds great Elisabeth!!! Let me know if you need a traveling companion!!! ....
Oh man....at least 500k....that'd be enough to get rid of all of my debt and get into.school and then be able live comfortably for a while.
Lol. I meant 50k
Hard to say from a customer's perspective. The more cash you have, the harder it is not to hobby. But if you could get the last $x you've been needing to put your retirement plan in place, it would be a sacrifice worth taking. I'm $4 - 5 M away from where I want to be to do everything I want in retirement, but I'd probably quit hobbying for some fraction of that.