Giant Solar Eruption Shockwave Headed For Earth

dammit jim i'm hobbiest not a doctor....
@LikiNikki,

On a somewhat related note, I've always thought Aurora Borealis would make a great name for a provider in Alaska. Originally Posted by TexasT

Actually, it's the name of a provider right here in Dallas
I'm glad to see everyone's having fun with this topic, but seriously folks, if you're not too "occupied" tonight, there's a chance you can see the aurora tonight in the northern skies, and the farther north you are, the better.

Last night I saw a posting on facebook from someone in Utah that it was visible. I went out about midnight to the far north side of Oklahoma City, but didn't see anything. Will try again tonight.

If you've never seen the aurora, it is quite spectacular. Those along the northern border of the US and Canada and ESPECIALLY Alaska will have quite a show for sure.

I'm on staff at our local planetarium, and this morning our director did a short radio interview about this. The Sun's activity has been very quiet for a long time now, and even though this particular CME is not the largest by far, it's the most activity that's occured in a while and that's what makes this so significant.
I witnessed one many years ago while living in Michigan. I believe it must have been in the late 60's and before 72. It was spectacular...it must be awesome to see it in Alaska or Canada.
I'm with you, Tiff!
"Hey guys, I'm Aurora Borealis, offering a true GFE (Galactic Friend Experience). My reviews are truly stellar. You'll be seeing a variety of colors as I gently pull on your tides. Newbies welcome. For an out-of-this-world session, call me at 888-SUN-SPOT. Mwah. "

Sounds like Michigan already got some great results from this phenomena last night.
It totally would!

Or maybe...
Midnight Sun (of Asian descent?)
Trans-Alaska Tess (for a touring lady? I'd sure like to lay some pipe along her, hurr hurr hurr)
Samantha McGee (whose incall is always too hot?) Originally Posted by Carrie Hillcrest
No one could deny that you have a very creative mind, Carrie.

I'll bet that I could come up with the most bland and mundane subject matter and you could still find a sexual angle hidden in there somewhere.

Just to test your skills and my theory, suppose I brought up, oh, say, logarithmic tables.

What sexual angle could you conjure up about logarithmic tables?
  • Mokoa
  • 08-04-2010, 05:46 PM
I witnessed one many years ago while living in Michigan. I believe it must have been in the late 60's and before 72. It was spectacular...it must be awesome to see it in Alaska or Canada. Originally Posted by Likinikki
I was in northern Wisconsin several times during the 60's. I witnessed a few occurrences of the phenomenon. I was also fortunate in that I saw them at night from a pier on a lake. The water was as smooth as glass and reflected the display of colors beautifully.

A Coronal Mass Ejection makes you think the sun has it's own testosterone, but thank God for our atmosphere, otherwise, we might be toast!

When a coronal mass ejection reaches Earth, solar particles stream down our planet's magnetic field lines toward the poles. In the process, the particles collide with atoms of nitrogen and oxygen in the Earth's atmosphere, which then glow, creating an effect similar to miniature neon signs.
The interaction of the solar particles with our planet's magnetic field has the potential to create geomagnetic storms, or disturbances, in Earth's magnetosphere. And while aurorae are normally visible only at high latitudes, they can light up the sky even at lower latitudes during a geomagnetic storm.
Fortunately for Earth-bound observers, the atmosphere filters out nearly all of the radiation from the solar blast. The flare shouldn't pose a health hazard, Golub told FoxNews.com.
"It's because of our atmosphere," he explained, "which absorbs the radiation, as well as the magnetic field of the Earth, which deflects any magnetic particles produced."
The radiation "almost never" makes it to ground, he noted, though pilots and passengers in airplanes may experience increased radiation levels akin to getting an X-ray.
The solar particles also could affect satellites, though scientists think that possibility is remote. Orbital Sciences Corp. believe a similar blast may have knocked its Galaxy 15 satellite permanently out of action this year.
This type of solar event has both government officials and manufacturers worrying.

NASA scientists warned recently that high-energy electric pulses from the sun could cripple our electrical grid for years, causing billions in damages. In fact, the House is so concerned that the Energy and Commerce committee voted unanimously to approve a bill allocating $100 million to protect the energy grid from this rare but potentially devastating occurrence.

The sun's activityusually ebbs and flows on a fairly predictable cycle. Typically, a cycle lasts about 11 years, taking roughly 5.5 years to move from a solar minimum, a period of time when there are few sunspots, to peak at the solar maximum, during which sunspot activity is amplified.

The last solar maximum occurred in 2001. The latest minimum was particularly weak and long- lasting.
The most recent solar eruption is one of the first signs that the sun is waking up -- and heading toward another maximum. Originally Posted by Fast Gunn

So in hobby terms, the eruption is much like a hobbiest's splooging. And the scond bell make happen in 2012. Makes my recovery time look pretty good.
The Aurora Borealis is making an appearance in Southern Regions:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/yahooed...7624653325820/
OH NO!!! WE COULD ALL DIE!!!
Let's all have as much fun as we can as quickly as we possibly can!
Here's my idea of fun: http://www.sexinfo101.com/sexualpositions.shtml
Indeed, when it's time for me to check out, I hope it's soon after I've spent a glorious time between the thighs of a beautiful woman . . .