Warning Dont go her Kansascity,Missouri

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_%22Tuffy%22_DeLuna, Virgina Tavern was about 2 blocks east of the Union Hall also, there were many union meetings held at the Tavern before the union meetings in the hall
Interesting stuff, DD. I have not thought about the Quey in long time. Boy, when it first started to take off, that was such a fun place to party. And then the wars started.

I also remember spending a lot of time at nightclub called Eyes??? But I think that was closer to the Savoy. First time I had ever walked into a Male/Female bathrooms. Occassionally there were some interesting going ons in the Unisex bathrooms.

Great dance floor, lighting was cool, fun dance music and there were always great stories about the stuff you'd see down there. Even made a couple of my own little stories down there, LOL
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_%22Tuffy%22_DeLuna, Virgina Tavern was about 2 blocks east of the Union Hall also, there were many union meetings held at the Tavern before the union meetings in the hall Originally Posted by old-tyme-racer
Exactly, I believe its an empty lot sitting caddycorner from Pamentere Brothers trailer parking lot now. It was also the site of the Spero brothers shootings, Carl Deluna, Chuck Moretina and Joe Ragusa entered the Tavern where the 3 remaining Spero brothers were eating, they opened up with Shotguns, killed one, paralized Carl Spero and wounded the other one, The Spero's were a crazy bunch, especially Carl, he had a set of fucking balls man, he kept coming after the Civella crews by himself, of course they eventually all died, with Carl going last at his car lot, which sat to the west of the Shady Lady with a building seperating his lot from the club which was a Civella affliliated club, thats what I mean by balls lol. In 1984 though they got him with a bomb that desinigrated his car lot office and hurled parts of him across 12th street into a field.
Carl "Tuffy" Deluna..

Who was the guy they called "Tony Ripe"?
And where do these Irishmen get these nicknames?
Warning dont go here kanscity,missouri motel CAPRI

Very unclean
no phone
Iternet crappy didnt wrk
haskeepers buggd
beds nasty

They overcharged me an wer very unfriendly an rude.
I ws completly disatsfd

they alsowentinto my room while i was gone not sure what they stolen
YES they did! Originally Posted by angelLoveEternity
"Issues which could endanger the safety of a member or members of our community go here. Please reserve this space for legitimate alerts, and not general FYI material."

This is what the Alerts thread is to be used for. You picking a crappy motel to stay at does not qualify as an alert. I'm moving this to the Coed section.

In the future... ask the more experienced ladies about decent places to stay.

Exactly, I believe its an empty lot sitting caddycorner from Pamentere Brothers trailer parking lot now. It was also the site of the Spero brothers shootings, Carl Deluna, Chuck Moretina and Joe Ragusa entered the Tavern where the 3 remaining Spero brothers were eating, they opened up with Shotguns, killed one, paralized Carl Spero and wounded the other one, The Spero's were a crazy bunch, especially Carl, he had a set of fucking balls man, he kept coming after the Civella crews by himself, of course they eventually all died, with Carl going last at his car lot, which sat to the west of the Shady Lady with a building seperating his lot from the club which was a Civella affliliated club, thats what I mean by balls lol. In 1984 though they got him with a bomb that desinigrated his car lot office and hurled parts of him across 12th street into a field. Originally Posted by dirty dog
Didn't they blow him up in his wheelchair? I think I remember that correctly. I miss the old days in KC. Blowing up the River Quay(Old Chelsea, Delaware Daddys, the Bowery); blowing up the old Red Apple and Bunns on 40 Hwy. Good old John Couts who was my Teamsters prez for a minute. Didn't they find him hanging in his garage with the engine running?

I didn't know the SL was a Civella place. I used to date a girl from up North and attended a few backyard bbq that had members of the family there. The old man was actually a nice guy - if you could forget about the killing and other shit. I can remember going to a bar where one of the nephews hung out. He'd be there with his crew and if you looked at him wrong he'd have them beat the shit out of you. Luckily I never interacted with those meatheads but unfortunately I saw some who did.
Who was the guy they called "Tony Ripe"? Originally Posted by malwoody

'Tony Ripe' was Anthony Thomas Civella (Feb. 17, 1930 - Feb 16, 2006) and was head of the KC family from '95 until his death (although if you ask a lot of people he was pretty much in charge beginning in the late '80's onward). His uncle was Nick Civella.

Kisses,

- Jackie
That's right, I knew that but forgot. Well back to my frosted flakes..guess I got Tony Ripe confused with Tony the Tiger..
There is a good book out, The Mafia and the Machine: The Story of the Kansas City Mob by Frank Hayde. I really enjoyed it. It gives a lot of detail about the Spero-Civella fued. There is some humor in it as well. Like when Cork Civella was arrested for exposing himself. And the perils of bomb making by one of the Speros. The library still has the KC Star articles as well, seems not too long ago. Remember Mothers on Main. I believe Butch owned that one. One year Monty Hall and Marty Allen were in town for the Variety Club Telethon. They were in Mothers yukking it up with Cork and Co. Didn't see Nick, but then I didn't stare very long.
Title is Mobsters In Our Midst published this year, and written by Bill Ouseley, a retired FBI agent who was in charge of the KC Organized Strike Force back in the day. This is his second book on the KC Mob. Available at the Kansas City Store, www.TheKansasCityStore.com. And no quacking, this is not a commercial....
KC Mafia also controlled the placement of cigarette vending machines , jukeboxes and condom machines in most of the Kansas City area , they stayed away from the big companies for the placement of their vending equipment. It was easy to hide the money trail.
Title is Mobsters In Our Midst published this year, and written by Bill Ouseley, a retired FBI agent who was in charge of the KC Organized Strike Force back in the day. This is his second book on the KC Mob. Available at the Kansas City Store, www.TheKansasCityStore.com. And no quacking, this is not a commercial.... Originally Posted by Hey123
I may have the titles mixed.
There was also I Speak for the Dead by J.J. Maloney.
I may have the titles mixed.
There was also I Speak for the Dead by J.J. Maloney. Originally Posted by vitokc
Owsley has written two books both covering the KC mob.
Didn't they blow him up in his wheelchair? I think I remember that correctly. I miss the old days in KC. Blowing up the River Quay(Old Chelsea, Delaware Daddys, the Bowery); blowing up the old Red Apple and Bunns on 40 Hwy. Good old John Couts who was my Teamsters prez for a minute. Didn't they find him hanging in his garage with the engine running?

I didn't know the SL was a Civella place. I used to date a girl from up North and attended a few backyard bbq that had members of the family there. The old man was actually a nice guy - if you could forget about the killing and other shit. I can remember going to a bar where one of the nephews hung out. He'd be there with his crew and if you looked at him wrong he'd have them beat the shit out of you. Luckily I never interacted with those meatheads but unfortunately I saw some who did. Originally Posted by BobInKC
Well he was in his office at the car lot but he was in his wheel chair, they also blew up Judge Roy Beans that Louie Ribaste owned, They actually blew up the owner of the red apples car not the bar. The guy at Bunns owed the wrong people, Uncle Nicky was a great guy, he always treated us youngsters very well, of course it was not until later that we knew what a lot of our uncles did LOL. Nick was more introspective and much slower to anger, where Carl and Tony were quicker with their temper and shot more from the hip. Hey easy with the meathead comments LOL.
KC Mafia also controlled the placement of cigarette vending machines , jukeboxes and condom machines in most of the Kansas City area , they stayed away from the big companies for the placement of their vending equipment. It was easy to hide the money trail. Originally Posted by old-tyme-racer
Vending companies have always been mob havens, even to this day. They also made huge amounts of money back in those days with Video Poker machines placed in certain bars where they would pay off to select people. The video poker business is still huge business for OC.