google fiber tv

Nothing to do with Google Fiber but I bitched about Comcast for 8 years. Then I moved! Now I got Time Warner! I want my Concast back but not available where I moved to. Reasons I can list . . . but won't. Biggest change came from trashing my NETGEAR router to a Linksys, WOW! what a difference!

Lesson learned, you just might have it better than you think you do. Originally Posted by dumars
I wanted Time warner, but don't live in their area anymore.
I dont think I complained about comcast, I just said my contract is ending and I want someting better than comcast

and a dvr that has 8 tuners?
what the hell?
and If I want to have a 2 TV boxes, Ie 2 tvs, I pay an extra $5/month?

holy cheap
Im so on it when I get down with comcast
The big difference between TW and Comcast is the box. Comcast had coax in (from wall) and coax out (to TV). TW is coax in and HDMI out. That results in a number of channels displaying at about half screen - irritating! I'm not seeing a very noticeable difference in the HDMI out to worry about it. 'Cept maybe live broadcasts. Smart thing would be to have both HDMI AND coax out but that is brain surgery. If you watch a lot of streaming movies Google Fiber should work. Although I doubt if it would be as good as a Blue Ray DVD.

Dumbest thing about TW is the duplication! Channels 2 - 79 are ALL duplicated in channels 101 - 216 and higher with only a few added. Seriously stupid! Get the same HD and non HD channels in the lower and upper channel range. DUH!

I wanted Time warner, but don't live in their area anymore.
I dont think I complained about comcast, I just said my contract is ending and I want someting better than comcast

what the hell?
and If I want to have a 2 TV boxes, Ie 2 tvs, I pay an extra $5/month?

holy cheap
Im so on it when I get down with comcast Originally Posted by johnnyretard
If you watch a lot of streaming movies Google Fiber should work. Although I doubt if it would be as good as a Blue Ray DVD. Originally Posted by dumars
huh?
DVD vs streaming movies?>

DVDs are done, blue ray, HD, SD.....I don't care.. do you not watch a movie/tv show cause its not in HD?
no
do I watch any of the 300+ dvds I have?
nope
too much trouble rather watch TV or Netlflix

google Fiber tv works because it's better than competition
According to my eyeballs, Blueray DVD video quality is better than streaming from Netflix and Amazon and I subscribe to both and my eyeballs would never lie to me! Streaming is good for old(er) movies according to me. I also get bandwidth errors from HD movies, mostly Amazon and mostly the movies I "rent". Prime movies too but not that much. I also like streaming for the very, very few TV series I watch, i.e. "The Americans", and documentaries.

huh?

DVDs are done, blue ray, HD, SD.....I don't care.. do you not watch a movie/tv show cause its not in HD?
no
nope

google Fiber tv works because it's better than competition Originally Posted by johnnyretard
According to my eyeballs, Blueray DVD video quality is better than streaming from Netflix and Amazon and I subscribe to both and my eyeballs would never lie to me!. Originally Posted by dumars
didnt say there wasnt a quality difference, eh?
I said quality difference is meaningless..
and not at all why I wanted Fiber TV
.My eyeballs read the words and didnt just post what was on my mind cos I ant got no one to listen to me ramble on about some nonsense.
peace out, yo
My experience on the movie quality is- Netflix is what it is, but the 'On Demand' stuff direct from Google is BluRay quality. The movie selection on Netflix, IMO, is shit- I watch it for the tv shows and the more esoteric stuff. Anything big, new and shiny I'm going to watch On Demand , and the quality of picture and sound is outstanding.
My experience on the movie quality is- Netflix is what it is, but the 'On Demand' stuff direct from Google is BluRay quality. The movie selection on Netflix, IMO, is shit- I watch it for the tv shows and the more esoteric stuff. Anything big, new and shiny I'm going to watch On Demand , and the quality of picture and sound is outstanding. Originally Posted by zeejoe
IMO or IMHO?
big new shiny? LOL so if it wasnt in HD orwhatever, you wouldnt watch it?
naw, youd still watch it
which was what I said at the start, holla
huh?

no
nope

google Fiber tv works because it's better than competition Originally Posted by johnnyretard

so back on track, does Google Fiber TV dvr really have 8 tuners?
I

and If I want to have a 2 TV boxes, Ie 2 tvs, I pay an extra $5/month? Originally Posted by johnnyretard
Friends that left directv, uverse, and dish to switch to google tv all regretted it. I have Google hs Internet with directv and love it. Best of both worlds.
A year ago,google fiber was asking for feedback(through a 3rd party) on offering a faster(free) entry level speed(10mb vs. 5mb) with a membership to a certain streaming provider. And, the streaming provider was offering a slight discount on the monthly fee. I'm sure that's all i can say!!
Friends that left directv, uverse, and dish to switch to google tv all regretted it. I have Google hs Internet with directv and love it. Best of both worlds. Originally Posted by joe blow me
your post has no substance.

why regret it?
cost?
choices?
dvr?

A year ago,google fiber was asking for feedback(through a 3rd party) on offering a faster(free) entry level speed(10mb vs. 5mb) with a membership to a certain streaming provider. And, the streaming provider was offering a slight discount on the monthly fee. I'm sure that's all i can say!! Originally Posted by new2thescene
huh?
netflix?
I missed your point?
so you don't have google tv?