Favorite Bar in San Antonio

How does it compare to Chicago in Stone Oak? I hear its the same owner. Originally Posted by oden
Same Owner, very similar. The only difference is the decor is New York skyline as opposed to Chicago.
Where is the best place along the Riverwalk area? I heard the bar at the Hotel Valencia was pretty good. But most hotel bars are pretty pricey.
How does it compare to Chicago in Stone Oak? I hear its the same owner. Originally Posted by oden
I was not impressed with the Chicago bar at all.....the main reason I haven't made it inside the NY bar. Maybe it's just the stone oak area I dislike....
I was not impressed with the Chicago bar at all.....the main reason I haven't made it inside the NY bar. Maybe it's just the stone oak area I dislike.... Originally Posted by BigBudha
I am with you on the Stone Oak area. I only hang out there when my business collegues are with me. They are in to the pretentious, uppity drinking spots (no offence if that happens to be your thing) I am more in to a laid back atmosphere where I can drink for a fair price. In that regard, The clientele at NY is more laid back. They do tend to burn through bartenders quickly though. I had a couple of favorite girls I would go in and shoot the breeze with but they are gone now.
Thanks Dragon...I'll have to check it out. Oh, I thought of another one...Copa Wine Bar. They have the BEST pizza on their appetizer menu...it's a must try!!
  • oden
  • 01-22-2010, 11:16 PM
Dragon,
Thanks for the lead on The New York Bar-very nice! The female to male ratio is much better than Chicago.
If you are downtown try Azuca, I think it is on alamo street, near rosarios. They have the BEST mojitos in San Antonio. They have happy hour everyday.
Shoot, I'm the odd man out. I like low-rent pubs, Cheers-style, where everyone's a regular, there's a few good pool games to be had and the bartender has your drink ready before you get three feet past the door. My home away from home was Banana's.
The bar in my office. Its always open,always has my favorite drink and if I pass out I wont be late for work the next day!
I like fast eddies................pool, darts, over priced popcorn and my jack and coke
  • DaMan
  • 02-04-2010, 08:29 AM
Along the Riverwalk, the V Bar at the Hotel Valencia is a great place. It's kinda pricey, but it has a sophisticated vibe and design. I would also suggest the bar at Bohanan's, on Houston Street. They specialize in pre-Prohibition cocktails and they are tasty. Also, the bar at Le Midi on Houston Street has a nice selection of wine, a great atmosphere and some good cocktails. You might also want to check out Soho, just off the Riverwalk next to the Watermark Hotel.
I enjoying going out to a place called Boston Pub on 1604 and Hausman. Pretty cool place, and i'm partial cause i live close by .
Lion & Rose on Sonterra....

http://www.thelionandrose.com/

I like Duo in Stone Oak. Also the bar at The Loft hotel is cool. I also luv this new bar downtown called Sparky's, but it is a gay bar
Hmm...La Tuna is one of my faves for sure...nice and low rent, but hate to drive home from there.

Used to love Broadway 50/50 before the remodel, but the remodel killed my enthusiasm (and they killed dollar pint night).

Now I mostly stumble home from Lion and Rose...wish we had a dive or two within walking distance, but LNR fills the bill well enough.