DONT OPEN THE LINK!!

That's why I do not download AOL or Yahoo Messenger anymore. So vulnerable to viruses. And sometimes can delete valuable info.

For anything else, they should at least try to stop this immediately before people sees Yahoo or AOL programs as a epidemic.
Just one of the many reasons I switched to MAC.. Originally Posted by nuglet
Indeed.

7 years with Mac. Not a single virus. Halelujah!
It JUST happened to me. I've tried sending warnings to my contact list to tell them NOT to click on ANY link from me, unless it included personal notes from me, and Y! keeps telling me I can't send that many emails out at once, no matter how small I trim the BCC line to! Frustrating! So many people are angry, when I had NO IDEA it had even happened. And trying to warn people in time, individually is extremely time consuming! I'm supposed to be on tour, not working on my Mac! It seems the more security there is, the less it helps...
I got mac's, and I didn't open the link.

I got IMed saying important message, then sent a link. Weird, huh?

The crazy thing is i blocked this person and they are still able to contact me
Like Milf suggested, I think I am going to go to gmail. If I remember correctly they list the IP address of the person contacting you. I like that. I also didn't know to do the right click/view message source option. Good info.

Sorry to those who got infected.
I'm getting some more internet condoms! hehe.

Thanks Amelia for warning people.
I had the "facebook" issue back a few months ago via Yahoo IM, too. Now, it's the "Heyy it's been a long time". You respond & the next message is something about "I took this IQ test and scored an 82. I thought I was smarter than that! Do me a favor & see what you get. (link)"

Uhh, yeahhhh...

Yahoo IM is very easy to hack into sadly, but there are other chat apps like Trillian that have better security encryption. It's just that Yahoo is soooo KUTE! :P

Careful out there, Surfers!
XOXOX
Kat