Hobby phone

• LynnT
  • 02-15-2011, 03:22 PM
You can also get a Google voice number.

Or in a boot/shoe shoved in a closet. Will she look through an old smelly boot?

With your tools?

Put velcro on the back and stick it up under the car seat?
wow! thanks for your input, some excellent ideas. i will try and go with the compatible sim card idea. I hadn't thought about that, but it seems much easier to hide a sim card than an extra phone and charger. Originally Posted by borderboy
No. Did you not read Marla's post? Forget hobby phones and SIM cards. Google Voice – if managed properly – is exactly what you need. Feel free to PM with any questions.
A gym locker , at work anywhere no one can find it but you . The SIM card is a great idea as well .
  • MRMR
  • 02-16-2011, 05:34 PM
Office in a file cabinet.
I may try the underwear deal (on vibrate of course).
Also remember not to take home a condom (see past threads).
Something you will want to be aware of with Google Voice - if both individuals have Google Voice I think your real numbers can be exposed. I noticed this with a provider one time; my normal hobby phone battery died and in an emergency needed to switch to the regular phone which has GV setup on it. I sent her a txt to her # and got back a txt from what I believed to be her non-GV number. Just something to keep in mind if privacy of your non-hobby phone number is important to you (ladies or gents!)
Something you will want to be aware of with Google Voice - if both individuals have Google Voice I think your real numbers can be exposed. I noticed this with a provider one time; my normal hobby phone battery died and in an emergency needed to switch to the regular phone which has GV setup on it. I sent her a txt to her # and got back a txt from what I believed to be her non-GV number. Just something to keep in mind if privacy of your non-hobby phone number is important to you (ladies or gents!) Originally Posted by deuce22
There are setting that you need to go in and set, separate settings for voice and text, which you have to choose which number shows up. I played with it before I texted a hobby person to make sure I had everything showing the hobby number. The default was for text to come from your real number, so I am glad I played with it first before going hobby with it! It is easily overlooked that you need to set each thing individually. It is a bit complicated on the initial set-up to make sure all of your outgoing calls AND text from your phone are showing the google number and hiding your real number. But after the set-up it is easy to use.

Sorry to hear about the security breach! Also now I will have to find someone with google voice that I trust and we can call and text each other real quick just to make sure your theory isn't correct! Thanks!!! I will report back

So, if a lady reading this who uses GV for her hobby number please send me a PM so we can test out the settings/theory plz, thx!
in my breifcase. Carry it everywhere. It is a "work" phone.
It is a "work" phone. Originally Posted by robophoto
Where the electric seat wires come up, Under the carpet, Under the seat.

The lie lie lie: At one point a mechanic/carwash att. must have lost it when they worked on the car.
ROFLMFAO