Ever contact the hobbiest out of the blue?

Getting text messages, voice messages and phone calls are not so cool, unless I have given permission based on an upcoming appointment. Then, I can delete the calls, VM's and TM's after the appointment.

There is one gal that texts me a lot and I sometimes don't look at that phone for several days. So, she probably thinks I am being rude. If my SO found the old spare phone, I don't want messages on it.

With so many fantastic gals in this market it is difficult keeping control of this habit. So, walking away from the phone is one way I can keep the monkey off my back and in the closet where it belongs.

I do love getting ya-hoo emails and PM's from some of the really fun ladies. Wished it happened more often.
I have pm'ed some of the guys out of the blue as well. Rarely will I call them, unless I know they are single or it's within hours that are safe to call. But I only do that with the ones I'm close too.

Other then that I let most everyone know that I have yahoo messenger and they are welcome to send me a message ANYTIME or add me as a friend. If you do though please let me know who you are when you try adding.

If you are already on my YIM friends list, I will occassionly send out a "Hi, how are you doing?" or "Good Morning" and then let you take over from there. If I get no answer then I take that as the timing is not right and I leave it alone until you message back.
I get random calls from Suzy Q offering me specials, usually in an incoherent and slurred voice. I recognize the number and let it go to voice mail. I'm single and wouldn't get in trouble, but I don't like to be solicited. I've never told her it was ok to call me.
I also, get occassional calls from a couple of massage therapists that I've done L3 with, a few times being off the clock when we just went out to party together. They have become more like friends so that is cool when they call.
Just be careful who you give your phone number to, because once it is out there, you can't stop them from calling when they get desperate for funds. Especially the ladies who partake in substances.
A PM would be ok, but not phone calls. A provider calling during the Scout Troop Committee meeting could be disruptive. However PMs can be rather fun if the provider does her research & isn't just spamming for business.
Back 4 years or so ago, during my previous hobby life, I got one unsolicited PM from a provider that wasn't a birthday wish. She'd read some my ASPD posts & and thought we'd be a good match. She was right! Wonderful lady & friend.
So I'm 1 for 1 so far.
substances.
LMAO...yes they will
I don't mind some flirting via PM's only and have gotten several PM's from ladies I have not met that usually comment on something I said in a post.

Actually have not had a lady ask for a session yet, but hey, there is always a first. All part of the fun, but agree to just use PM versus phone.
I don't mind PMs - I believe my first unsolicited PM was from the legendary Cathy
That's one reason too have a hobby phone! Personally I think to get an email or a PM would be like icing on the cake... The phone might not be the best way to go unless she has an OK! But chatting or emails etc. can be arousing
First of all, thanks JFred. I was in a hurry and didn't think I had spelled it right. My bad.

Seems like the consensus is unsolicited PM's are usually fun and flattering, emails less so and phone calls not welcome unless greenlighted in advance. And I concur with Slow and Easy--that first PM I got from Cathy was fun.

What about you ladies? Do you mind getting random, nonsoliciting PM's or do you generally delete them immediately after reading? I've sent two in my time, and never got a response from either in any way.
I don't mind PMs - I believe my first unsolicited PM was from the legendary Cathy Originally Posted by Slow&Easy
Me too.

Although because I post a lot, I have had other initial contact PM's from the Ladies. Anyway, I am single. So you Girls out there, PM me, please! Call me, text me, whatever. It's OK with me...
A year and a half ago I had a newbie provider call me up 3 times late on a Friday night. My SO was standing 2 feet in front of me at the time and I burned in hell that night.
I have received both PM’s as well as emails from the ladies when I was active. I still get PM’s from time to time but like some of the providers have mentioned, it was not for sessions. Rather they were curious about something I posted or some such. Being single now, it does not bother me to get that kind of contact but as far as phone calls… since I am not active any longer I don’t have that concern or issue to deal with. Still, having a flirtatious encounter via PM/email can be very fun while not being a big expense in time.
  • iggy
  • 01-13-2010, 05:53 PM
Have had on occasion received messages from providers I do not know.
They saw a review I had posted or I visited their ad or website.
Have seen one or two after receiving their message.
Some have even offered a discount.
If they are fishing for business, I assume business is slow.
We both benefit.
I would love to get a PM from one of the ladies! That would be great.

-NerdKing
It's so wonderful to know the spelling and grammar police have arrived and are active! We can all rest easy now....(sighing with relief) '-)

I have emailed regular clients just to say hello or to comment on certain issues we have in common. I have also PM'd a few who have posted "ISO's" on the boards, with very good results. I would never call a gentleman, unless he has given me consent to do so, and even then, I feel much more comfortable if he calls me. I guess my mother's rules about calling "boys" had a lasting impact on me. '-)