Wealth distribution in USA: You decide

• BJerk
  • 11-27-2013, 01:39 PM
Another fallacy is that wealth is just "there" and some just grab more than others. The fact is that wealth is created. It's not a zero sum game. I think if a person is able to create wealth for his/herself, they should keep it. (after taxes, says Bert)

However, I also see where government is distorting the natural creation of wealth by drafting laws and regulations that favor the creation of wealth in some, while inhibiting it in others. That needs to be addressed. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Yes it does - well put. There is hope for you, in spite of your crotchetiness, which I blame on your advanced age.
Honestly, LL, when I start up a business if I'm not making over 100 grand per year after two years I consider it a complete failure. Originally Posted by Bert Jones
So how many failures have you had?
  • CJ7
  • 11-27-2013, 03:11 PM
Yes it does - well put. There is hope for you, in spite of your crotchetiness, which I blame on your advanced age. Originally Posted by Bert Jones

Originally Posted by CJ7
Good thread, thanks... ^except for this guy^
  • BJerk
  • 11-27-2013, 09:30 PM
So how many failures have you had? Originally Posted by LexusLover
3 or 4, the home runs compensate for the losers
In the 8 years that Bush was President the richest 400 families went from controlling 25% of all wealth in the US to controlling 50% of all wealth. Originally Posted by BigLouie
That's a direct result of the crony capitalism (fascism) practiced by the Bush administration, and continued by the Obama administration. The government is picking winners and losers rather than letting open markets adjust to the needs of the market.
Yes it does - well put. There is hope for you, in spite of your crotchetiness, which I blame on your advanced age. Originally Posted by Bert Jones
Good thread, but I totally disagree with your position Bert....
  • BJerk
  • 11-28-2013, 09:26 AM
That's a direct result of the crony capitalism (fascism) practiced by the Bush administration, and continued by the Obama administration. The government is picking winners and losers rather than letting open markets adjust to the needs of the market. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
I concur.
  • BJerk
  • 11-28-2013, 09:30 AM
Good thread, but I totally disagree with your position Bert.... Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
So you feel COG has no hope?
3 or 4, the home runs compensate for the losers Originally Posted by Bert Jones
Not even in baseball. The at-bat ratio with RBI's keeps folks on the roster.