Privacy, Security, and Providing

A provider should never do something like that! It is just as serious to share a mans personal info with another man as it is to "out" anyone. This may not have been intentional the first time around. But after having been warned, despite the "flip" response, hopefully this issue has been corrected.
sometimes when you do stupid things and do not remedy them in the correct and appropriate manor it will bite you in the ass.

Lily Stargazer.

I am sure she is a wonderful lady but this was a serious breach of security.
I got the email as well from Lily. Not cool. I would have preferred a pm. But I hear her services are worth the wait, so I will still see. Just ask her not to email anymore.
This actually happened in reality? I'm kind of laughing but at the same time I understand the seriousness of the situation. A mass email just seems so impersonal and tacky, bcc or not. She should have made a spreadsheet in excel and then did a mail merge.
I send marketing type emails and PM’s, but for the most part they are personalized to each person I’m contacting. I want the personal touch from the people I meet and I try to respond in kind.
Ok im not going to get too far into this but, the E mail was an HONEST mistake. In fact Im changing my email provider so that this won't happen in the future (the bcc is weird on gmail im not used to it). It was ONE email and I corrected the problem right away. I dont know how it got distorted that I was going to continue emailing in this fashion but, that was never the case.

If I can be forgiven, that would be nice. I am a nice girl and i do care about all of my clients. I am very sorry as well.
Lily, don't feel bad. Mistakes like this happen to everyone. Unfortunately, in this thing of ours, privacy is a big concern, even moreso than in the real world.

Guys, use a dedicated hobby e-mail address. If your hobby e-mail is in an inadvertent CC list, no harm will be done.
Ok im not going to get too far into this but, the E mail was an HONEST mistake. In fact Im changing my email provider so that this won't happen in the future (the bcc is weird on gmail im not used to it). It was ONE email and I corrected the problem right away. I dont know how it got distorted that I was going to continue emailing in this fashion but, that was never the case.

If I can be forgiven, that would be nice. I am a nice girl and i do care about all of my clients. I am very sorry as well. Originally Posted by Lily stargazer

Computer – n. a diabolical device that makes it possible to make more mistakes faster than ever before.

take heart, you are not the first to fall prey to the evil computer
Lily, that was perfect, well played and over.

thank you.

If I can be forgiven, that would be nice. I am a nice girl and i do care about all of my clients. I am very sorry as well. Originally Posted by Lily stargazer
If you screw up... correct the problem as soon as you are aware of it.... step up immediately ... tell the truth ... apologize and make sure it doesn't happen again...

Oh, wait... I meant this for the Toyota thread...

You fixed the problem and stepped up to accept responsibility....you'll be fine Stargazer...
no harm no foul Lily. I would still love to see you soon.
If you screw up... correct the problem as soon as you are aware of it.... step up immediately ... tell the truth ... apologize and make sure it doesn't happen again...

You fixed the problem and stepped up to accept responsibility....you'll be fine Stargazer... Originally Posted by ThatManFromTexas

Ditto
Nice response Lily.

We as hobbyists must also assume responsibility if we choose to give out information that could compromise us.
Thanks everyone for being so understanding. I am truly blessed to be able to work with the gentlemen that I have the pleasure of meeting on a daily basis, who also seem to really appreciate me.

Thanks to all, & lickagator, just hit me up
  • bbkid
  • 04-22-2010, 04:42 PM
Lily, you handled this issue with class. Just move on and consider it a lesson learned.

Dayum, lookie everybody. I'm under Lily!!!