Hobby life for a newbie....

I imagine has to suck big time. Originally Posted by Kandy Kelly
I imagine so too--at least, for the newbie who allows himself to be hypnotized by one currently prevalent conception of the hobby experience:

You have entered the domain of Shalmaneser Le Mans, exclusive upscale companion. If you can wait a few minutes for the page to load, you'll be treated to a gallery of tiny, non-downloadable pictures with my features blurred out. Rest assured, though, that upon our meeting you will find my attractiveness to be truly commensurate with the outrageous fees quoted in the donations section. All that is required is that you pass my rigorous screening process, designed to eliminate newbies, nerds, and all the other types of guy that I and the rest of my clique used to ostracize in high school. Basically, the sort of gentleman whom I wish to see as a client, is the one who doesn't need to go to a pro in the first place.

Thank heaven for AMP's. And let's bring back Studio 1.
How is screening and scheduling in the hobby different than in the real world? The civilian ladies screen us, probably more thoroughly too. Scheduling a date with a civilian lady, or a session with a provider, can be a pain in the ass or a breeze. As far as screening and scheduling there is not a lot of difference in the hobby and real life. Originally Posted by pyramider
Exactly. And that ain't necessarily a good thing. I know there's an element of sour grapes in my attitude, but as an outsider-hobbyist, I'm sometimes reminded of this scene from The Sting:

HOOKER
(softly)
How many guys you conned in your
life, Henry?

GONDORFF
Two or three hundred I guess.
Sometimes played two a day when I
was in Shea's mob. We had it down
to a business.
(pause)
'Course Chicago was a right town
then. The fix was in. The dicks
took their end without a beef. All
the Wall Street boys wanted to make
investments for us. Even had marks
looking us up, thinkin' they could
beat the game.
(pause)
Yeah, kid, it really stunk. No
sense in bein' a grifter if it's
the same as bein' a citizen.
Attached Images File Type: jpg sting.jpg (112.6 KB, 191 views)
Wow, it was a little frustrating at first, post a little to let everyone know I was a nice guy. I followed some great advice by just doing some basic homework, used the search tool, and hung out in chat a few times and for me that is where I got lucky so to speak. One provider said she sure was horny (could be broke, etc.) I opened up a private chat window was nice and she took a chance. I wrote a good review and used her as a reference and thought to ask who would be good to see next and I then saw her. I still have not finished my 'bucket list' here but sure have had a lot of fun and made some great friends. As far as hobbys go, its not the cheapest, nor most expensive.
Oh and my one of favorite quotes: "There is a provider for everyone, unless you an asshole." Heck I have even seen/heard of assholes get laid here!
You can't really blame the girls for being cautious. After all, they are stuck in the middle between health concerns, LE, and guys who want to do them harm or treat them with no respect whatsoever. I'm surprised that they see anyone at all.

That said, it does make it very difficult for the occasional hobbiest or guys like me who do lots of lurking and window shopping but can only afford to indulge themselves about once a year or less (and I'm guessing that I'm not the only one). I know I'm a nice guy, and the other lurkers wanting to take the plunge know they are nice guys, but the providers don't know that. When I'm turned down for a visit because of the lack of references, I don't take it personally, and neither should anyone else. Put yourself in their stilettos.