ISO: A Good Mechanic The Knows Truck...

Take it for a test drive before you pay to make sure the problem is solved. Originally Posted by thisguy23
What kind of mechanic does that?
What kind of mechanic does that? Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer

Just the good ones.
  • Go4it
  • 05-09-2013, 10:09 PM
I don't know any good mechanics in Garland, but ladies if you are having car problems in the mid-cities area I recently found an EXCELLENT shop that does the job right and for the right price. Needed some work done -- Christian Brothers $2100; Manufacturer - $1700; Shade Tree Mechanic - $1100; the new guy I found -- $400 and it is perfect!!!!!!

LOL - and he likes pretty ladies!!!!!
Thanks Go4it---

Update: still cant get the spark plugs off... My mechinc try for 3 dyas and still nothing they are stuck and it looks like it they been on there since the truck was born in 98...

Anyone can help???
  • GMTA
  • 05-10-2013, 12:06 PM
Yep that's one of Ford's fucked up better ideas . I remember when that spark plug design came out. You could only buy them at the dealership ,at 21 dollars a piece . Buy a dodge 350,000 miles only oil changes tires, and sparkplugs. Still gets 19 mpg.
I'm thinking wheel balance and front end alignment !!
I'm thinking salt water flooding after Hurricane Ike. If the plugs are that hard to get off, there could be some corrosion issues and nothing corrodes like salt water.

ALSO DO check the alignment and balancing before spending anything else. At a singl;e speed, this sounds more like an alignment/balancing problem than plugs.

Call me sweet thaing. Might be able to "splain" it better over the phone.

Miss you,

Stevie
Thanks everyone. I got a good mechinc looking at now so I will know by Tuesday... I just think my prayer there no car payments I can get back to school after it get fixes...

Miss you to Little Stevie...
Give me a pm if you need mechanic work. I own my own shop and have very capable mechanics. Even with those rear spark plugs.
Thanks Slingblade for fixing my truck your awesome....

I owe you big time!!!

I owe you big time!!! Originally Posted by MissMelissa
1) Did you pay him with 'Biscuits & Mustard...umh' ? (had to see the movie to understand that comment)

2) Curious what did it take to fix it, not the cost or arrangements, just what fixed the problem(s)?

I owe you big time!!! Originally Posted by MissMelissa
You are more than welcome. You are a sweetheart. Just dont forget about the oil leak.
1) Did you pay him with 'Biscuits & Mustard...umh' ? (had to see the movie to understand that comment)

2) Curious what did it take to fix it, not the cost or arrangements, just what fixed the problem(s)? Originally Posted by ManSlut
I dont think they tried to get them out. We got them out and replaced all the plugs and new boots. It should not have a problem for awhile. The main issue was on the other side. Intake leaking water on two other plugs. We fixed that also.
Fender menders in Princeton tx. It's about a 20 mile drive from garland but prices are very reasonable. Ask for jerry
Body shop or full service mechanic?