For NASA Junkies: One Million Galaxies (a map of the local Universe)

We must not forget that the Answer to life the universe and everything is 41. Now we need only figure out the Question.

I absolutely adore anyone that quotes Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy! Originally Posted by Lauren Summerhill

Unrelated question Lauren. Was that avatar picture photoshoped or did you actually paint your boobs purple. If so, how long did it take to get the paint off? Originally Posted by pjorourke
It looks like it was painted on. Originally Posted by discreetgent
I agree with DG, but guessing it is water soluble. In any event, I would have loved the pleasure of assisting in the cleanup.
You are a lucky man, IB. Originally Posted by discreetgent

Might change my initials to "L.B." (Lucky Bastard).

Thank you Lauren.
  • PSD
  • 01-14-2011, 03:51 PM
The pics that have come from the Hubble Space Telescope have been nothing short of amazing. Can't wait to see what the James Webb telescope finds. We are in for a real treat at that point!
Unrelated question Lauren. Was that avatar picture photoshoped or did you actually paint your boobs purple. If so, how long did it take to get the paint off? Originally Posted by pjorourke
I'll be posting a link to the full gallery soon, and will answer your question in that post. An amusing story.

I painted my whole body and pressed myself up against canvas
The pics that have come from the Hubble Space Telescope have been nothing short of amazing. Can't wait to see what the James Webb telescope finds. We are in for a real treat at that point! Originally Posted by PSD
If I remember correctly, thr original pictures are actually black and white, and are colored in by artists.

True?
*42 Originally Posted by SillyGirl
Thanks for the correction.

I would love Pixar to do an animated 4 part movie.

One of the best series of books I've ever read. Brilliant cultural satire with elegantly woven subthemes. As a rule I never read a book twice but this series may be an exception (along with the Master and Margarita).