The guy at dealership said losing on sale

No,
You blurted it out in hopes to get a discount.

It didnt work and they looked down on you as you dont have a steady income.
That is what they looked at.

Not once have I ever blurted out what I do for a living.
I get the out the door price and go from there.

How to buy a car

How much is the car?

When they start asking me about trade in etc I look at them and ask "How much for the car" Originally Posted by Gotyour6
Whatever the reason, it was stupid. NEVER MIX THE HOBBY AND REAL LIFE. NEVER. ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT FOR OTHERS YOU KNOW IN THE HOBBY AND STFU.
I bet she is!!!
No I have three Ford trucks with between 250K and 290K. No problems with any of them and they all look like new. I am thinking about getting all of them replaced this year, while the price is new and we can write them all off under section 179. I have found that Ford trucks give the best service, at least for us.

If anyone is interested we have one left over Dodge 1 ton with a flatbed and about 389,000 miles the last time I looked. The problem with Dodge is that they all seem to need to replace part of the Air Conditioner at about 60,000 miles, which we did on this one.

Originally Posted by JRLawrence
I am glad you are having good luck with your vehicles, but I have several friends with Fords in an R.V. club that will NOT travel more that 400 miles for a rally because they NEVER get to the event without a breakdown.
With that low millage and the age some sell more than new back then there only 14k. Some how everyone old woman I knew in the 90's had on my grandparents my girl friend grand parents,.
With that low millage and the age some sell more than new back then there only 14k. Some how everyone old woman I knew in the 90's had on my grandparents my girl friend grand parents,. Originally Posted by Ripmany
277,000 miles is NOT low mileage 277.000 divided by 108 (months) turns out to be about 2,565 miles a month. Average mileage is 1,500 miles per month. Regardless of the miles vs the age of the vehicle 277,000 miles is a lot. Do you at least know what the service history of the vehicle is???