Anyone getting worried about the future?

The basic concept here is to go with optimism rather than pessimism, old geezer.

A wise man chooses optimism in his own ability to deal with the problems of life.

It is not the government's job to handle my life, that is solely my responsibility and I gladly accept the challenge.

Government is primarily supposed to foster an environment where creative people can prosper.

It is then your responsibility to pick up the ball and run past the blocks and tackles of life and head for the goal line.

It is your job to work hard, work smart and make no excuses regardless of the cards you are dealt!

. . . If you're waiting on someone else to take care of you, you're going to be waiting a long time, buddy!

Well, JD. Since Fast Gunn and WDF aren't worried, I guess we'll be fine. They didn't address any of the topics you raised, but they are certain we'll be ok. So it's no prob. Don't worry, be happy. The government will protect you. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
  • WTF
  • 07-30-2012, 07:59 PM
. We need a word to describe people like WTF, CJ7, and Ekim. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
How about realists...you and COG are Chicken Little's!

The basic concept here is to go with optimism rather than pessimism, old geezer.

A wise man chooses optimism in his own ability to deal with the problems of life.

It is not the government's job to handle my life, that is solely my responsibility and I gladly accept the challenge.

Government is primarily supposed to foster an environment where creative people can prosper.

It is then your responsibility to pick up the ball and run past the blocks and tackles of life and head for the goal line.

It is your job to work hard, work smart and make no excuses regardless of the cards you are dealt!

. . . If you're waiting on someone else to take care of you, you're going to be waiting a long time, buddy!

Originally Posted by Fast Gunn
FastGoon, that is exactly what I have been saying since I started here. You are confusing me. Why do you support a regime that is opposed to practically everything you just stated?

Originally Posted by Fast Gunn
You are conservative libertarian dude. Who convinced you that you were a liberal? Somebody must have Jedi-Mind tricked your ass.
I think FastGoon needs a Libertarian intervention.
I think FastGoon needs a Libertarian intervention. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
he has not been the same since that Onion article
the black guy I was shooting the shit with yesterday,at the hardware store, was getting his machette sharpened, i was dropping off some windows to get fixed,,

anyways, our inner city is a fucken mess, he claims the muslims are the ones bringing in the illegal guns and selling them out of their corner stores to the gang bangers and kids..
there here and causing chaos from within..
I'm not worried about my, or my children's future, but I am worried about America's future.
Only a Fool would think everything is Cool...fuckem
the black guy I was shooting the shit with yesterday,at the hardware store, was getting his machette sharpened, i was dropping off some windows to get fixed,,

anyways, our inner city is a fucken mess, he claims the muslims are the ones bringing in the illegal guns and selling them out of their corner stores to the gang bangers and kids..
there here and causing chaos from within.. Originally Posted by JONBALLS
The government has done a wonderful job of covering it up, but they have teamed up with the cartels in Mexico using those same smuggling routes to get their guns in. Who needs long range missles when the back door is wide open?
The government has done a wonderful job of covering it up, but they have teamed up with the cartels in Mexico using those same smuggling routes to get their guns in. Who needs long range missles when the back door is wide open? Originally Posted by nwarounder
True, I have a mexican friend when his 21 yr old nephew gets deported. He can have that boy back in houston in 4-5 days, everytime. Guns ought to be just as easy.
I am sure that WTF, CJ7 and Ekim will always do fine because collaborators always do. I seem to recall a lot of angst from the afore named individuals when George W. Bush was in the office. Of we didn't have thousands of drones standing by to overfly America, the Partiot Act was not supercharged, and we didn't have a president with a hard on for the American dream. Turncoats??? Not the right word. True believers??? Still not the right word. We need a word to describe people like WTF, CJ7, and Ekim. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Well JD you can call'em " Loose Cannons" You might have to deal with some ridicule. But it might be good for a few laughs, lol. Just trying to help ya out.
30,000 drones? that has to be an error.
  • WTF
  • 07-31-2012, 05:12 AM
. Who needs long range missles when the back door is wide open? Originally Posted by nwarounder
Watch out, COG will say you hate Gays!

• WTF
  • 07-31-2012, 05:17 AM
Only a Fool would think everything is Cool...fuckem Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
Are the rest of our forum posters really doing that bad? How can you afford the internet access? Are you posting from a government library?

Better yet, do you think there is going to be any major change no matter who gets elected? Especially in your life?

Watch the Stossel piece on Fox. It shows how we always think things are way worse than they are...