Wedding Ring?

My 3 cents worth. I keep my ring on. I have never tried to hide my status. Hobbying for me, like most on here, fills a void that isn't getting satisfied at home. Not justifying playing around, just not a big issue leaving the ring on. The provider could care less IMHO.
I wear a wedding ring, but technically, I am not married.

My Wife past away from Ovarian Cancer over 12 years ago, she was the love of my life. But Life does go on.

I see one Provider on a regular basis. (I guess I am sort of "monogamous"). After a few visits, she asked me about the ring, because I said I was single.

My reply was, "My Wife and I were married when she died, and untill I re-marry, (not likely), I will always wear her ring".

I know it sounds a little weird, but that is how I felt about my Wife.

I am in my 60's and must admitt that I am not much of a "hobbyist". I feel fortunate to have found a Provider who is willing to fullfill what ever needs life has thrown my way. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Jackie, you win the thread! I wish I could say that I felt the same about my wife.
I am married, but cannot wear a ring because i am sort of a electrician, extreme shock hazard. I had two ladies inspect my ring finger and told them the truth as I didn't want them to think I was serious material which would have brought MORE problems much later.
LOL!
" I had two ladies inspect my ring finger"
Now there's one I've never heard before.
take it off....my lil sign of respect for the ones who don't play around. I don't stick my chest out saying im married...look at me. like stated already, our way of keeping private life private.
brooke wild....here is the main reason why many do not wash....not to be gross and disrespectful but to cherish the keepsake for as long as it last. If that means washing it off a mile from house at local popNshop then so be it. I remember back then it wasn't uncommon for a dude to say smell this....indicating he just got some. picture me getting my last whiffs of brooke wild on 59.....

It doesn't matter one way or another to me.

What does bother me is when a man wearing a wedding ring is heading home after a session and does not wash his hands before he leaves!

Gross and disrepectful!

Oh yeah ... great to see you posting again :-) Originally Posted by Brooke Wild
It really doesn't matter if they guy has it on or not...but I've always wondered is there really a point to wearing one? I've always thought it was some sort of type of paganism? I could be wrong though.
Leave mine on - first of all, most people can see that you were wearing one, and now you look like a liar, and second; I'd sure hate to lose it and have to explain why it was off.
I wear a wedding ring, but technically, I am not married.

My Wife past away from Ovarian Cancer over 12 years ago, she was the love of my life. But Life does go on.

I see one Provider on a regular basis. (I guess I am sort of "monogamous"). After a few visits, she asked me about the ring, because I said I was single.

My reply was, "My Wife and I were married when she died, and untill I re-marry, (not likely), I will always wear her ring".

I know it sounds a little weird, but that is how I felt about my Wife. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Not weird at all. In fact, I find it beautiful.
Leave mine on - first of all, most people can see that you were wearing one, and now you look like a liar, and second; I'd sure hate to lose it and have to explain why it was off. Originally Posted by bobprivate
That is exactly what came to mind for me.
I wear it all the time, and even wore one when I was single. It always was like a cross to a vampire for these city girls here.
Now with the Ladies here, I have had a couple ask me and I always told them the truth, and they are true ladies here as compared to the others outside of the hobby.
If I were ever single again, I actually think a Lady off the boards would be a better wife, than any other women in Houston!!!!!
Just my two cents worth!!!
What is the point in taking it off? Yeah I notice when a guy has a wedding ring on, but I do outside of the hobby too even if it's just at the gas station. As lisa said, this is just for fun.. Any provider that says she has issues with it has issues with herself, a false sense of morals, or better yet, *delusions* of grandeur. Your personal life is your own. The entree is not as appetizing without a side dish. Actually, I like to think of myself as sort of a marriage counselor... I know I probably couldn't deal with one sexual partner for the rest of my life. But I digress.. Who gives a f^ck? If you take it off you run the risk of forgetting to put it back on, or even worse losing it. But if your conscience requires for it to be out of sight during a session, that's your prerogative.
I've always been afraid of wearing a ring of any kind.

Neil Armstrong ripped his finger off with a ring. People trying to slam dunk a basketball with rings on do some finger injuries too horrible to discuss here. Sometimes someone gets a ring across the terminals on an electrical circuit and get very nasty burns from the heat. I've known several people who've injured a finger, couldn't get the ring off, then had the finger swell and had to have the ring cut off.

Way too much of a horror story waiting to happen for my taste.
I don't wear mine all the time anyway. So I don't have that "ring impression" on my finger. My wife sees me wear it and also sees me without it. As far as the hobby, if I happen to be wearing it, I take it off. BUT that's because I don't want it in the way during intimate tas I'm fingering her. She could feel my ring hit as I played. It would not be too comfortable. Have to be gentle down there. (I take my watch off, too) Plus, if my ring gets too lubricated it will slip off.

lmao, the next guy finds it and wonders if it's a cracker jack prize.

I dated a married lady and we both wore our rings when we went out and when we met for BCD. During BCD, I took my off for the reasons stated above.
The problem isn't when a guy takes a ring off his finger.... the problems start when he puts a ring on her finger...